About the PetSafe Small Electronic SmartDoor™
Give your pet a key to your home
The SmartKey device on your pet's collar is the only thing that will unlock the SmartDoor.
Give your pet a key to your home
Standard pet doors have one major flaw — they let in anything that can push open the flap, including strays, racoons, and even enterprising humans. The PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor stays locked until it senses the included SmartKey, which attaches to your pet's collar, so only your dog or cat can get in and out.
PetSafe also makes a Large Electronic SmartDoor.
Have more than one pet? Additional waterproof SmartKey collar transmitters are available.
- smart door flap remains locked until triggered by the included SmartKey™
- fits doors up to 2" thick
- SmartKey device uses unique RF signal to unlock door
- door automatically locks again after your pet passes through
- for pets 15 lbs. and under
- admit up to 5 pets with additional SmartKeys (not included)
- powered by 4 D batteries (not included)
- flap opening: 5-1/2"W X 7-7/8"H
- frame dimensions: 9"W x 15-5/8"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA11-10711
What's in the box:
- Electronic pet door (small)
- Battery (RFA-67)
- Key ring
- 4 Mounting screws (Length 1-5/8")
- 4 Plastic screw hole covers
- Operating Guide
- Cutting Template
- Warning sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PetSafe Small Electronic SmartDoor™
Overview: The PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor allows your pet to come and go as he pleases. The SmartDoor operates via radio frequencies (RF) and will unlock when it detects the radio signal from your pet's SmartKey, allowing your pet access through the door. When the SmartDoor no longer detects the SmartKey, the door will automatically lock back into place. This Electronic SmartDoor is the small model (PPA11-10711), designed for pets up to 15 pounds.
- Outer Frame: 9" wide x 15-5/8" high
- Flap Opening: 5-1/2" wide x 7-7/8" high
- Cut Out Size: 8-3/8" wide x 14-3/4" high
Power Requirements: The SmartDoor is powered by 4 D-cell alkaline batteries (not included). The SmartKey uses a proprietary RFA-67 battery designed by PetSafe. The RFA-67 is easily replaceable, and has a typical life of approximately 6 months.
Operating Modes: You can set the SmartDoor to the desired operating mode via the Mode-Reset button. Different colored LEDs indicate the current operating mode. There are three operating modes to choose from:
- Locked (Red): In the locked mode, the SmartDoor will not allow entry or exit for any pet.
- Unlocked (Green): The unlocked mode allows entry and exit for all pets.
- Automatic (Yellow): The automatic mode allows entry and exit only for a pet wearing a programmed SmartKey. Up to five SmartKeys can be programmed to one SmartDoor for selective entry and exit.
Sensitivity Level: The SmartDoor features an adjustable sensitivity level to optimize its functionality. The SmartKey's active area should be up to approximately 2.5 feet from the SmartDoor. When your pet enters this active area, the SmartDoor should unlock automatically in all cases. Inside a fringe area about 6 feet from the SmartDoor may trigger the door to unlock, but inconsistently, due to variables in radio frequency interferences. Once the pet has left the active or fringe areas, the door should automatically lock after a short period of time (up to 15 seconds). The SmartDoor's sensitivity is adjusted via a rotary control.
Installation: The PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor is designed to be installed inside a cutout in your door, and requires removing the door from its hinges. A cutting template is included to provide a guide for positioning the SmartDoor, drilling the pilot holes, and cutting the hole in your door. Tools required for the installation include:
- Jigsaw or keyhole saw
- Electric or cordless drill
- 3/8" (10mm) drill bit
- Phillips screwdriver
- 4 D-cell batteries
Note: A SmartDoor Conversion Kit is available from PetSafe for installing the SmartDoor through a wall (up to 7-1/4"; more with additional extension tunnels) instead of a door. The conversion kit frames out exposed areas for a clean, finished look.