About the PetSafe Spray Bark Collar
If you're not crazy about the idea of using static correction to train your dog, PetSafe's Spray Bark Collar offers a gentle alternative. A built-in microphone detects when your dog barks, then delivers a harmless burst of stain-free hypo-allergenic spray to get your dog's attention and stop him from making noise. The collar includes a citronella and an unscented spray cartridge so you can figure out which one better suits your dog. Each recyclable canister lasts about 35-40 sprays.
- sound and vibration sensors detect when your dog is barking, whining, or wimpering
- advanced bark detection is designed to prevent accidental sprays, even when other dogs bark
- designed for dogs 8 lbs. and up
- adjustable to fit neck sizes up to 27 inches
- dispenses a burst of stain-free hypo-allergenic spray to distract dogs from barking
- includes one citronella and one unscented spray cartridge
- refill cartridges available in each scent
- 35-40 sprays per refill
- empty spray cartridges are recyclable
- rugged and water-resistant
- powered by built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- battery charge lasts up to 40 hours depending on use
- 2-hour quick charge; fully charged in 4-5 hours
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PBC00-16368
What's in the box:
- Adjustable nylon collar (blue)
- Spray device with On/Off switch
- Cartridge of unscented spray (0.11 oz.)
- Cartridge of Citronella spray (0.11 oz.)
- 48" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and 2-pin plug on other end)
- Product Manual
More details on the PetSafe Spray Bark Collar
Overview: The PetSafe Spray Bark Collar effectively and humanely stops your dog from barking when you don't want him to. When the built-in sensor picks up the sound and vibration of your dog's bark, it triggers a harmless spray. It also works with whining and whimpering behavior. The Spray Bark Collar is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery.
Spray: The Spray Bark Collar comes with two 0.11-ounce cartridges, one containing citronella and the other unscented. When the collar detects a bark, it delivers a harmless spray mist to distract your dog. As an added safety feature, the collar will shut off automatically if your dog barks 15 times or more within a 50-second period. Both spray options are non-offensive to humans, and are stain-free and hypo-allergenic. Citronella and unscented spray refills are also available.
Collar: The 3/4" wide collar is made of sturdy nylon and is designed for dogs 8 pounds and up, and at least 6 months old. It is adjustable to fit neck sizes up to 27", and should be tightened to a point where you can insert a finger between the bark sensor and your pet's neck. The spray unit is water resistant, however it should not be submerged. The collar should be removed before bathing, swimming, or other activity where the collar could be submerged under water.
Effectiveness: The effectiveness of the Spray Bark Collar depends upon your usage of the collar and the temperament of the dog. You should notice a reduction in your dog's barking within the first couple of days of wearing the Anti-Bark collar. Some dogs will be trained quickly and may not need to wear the collar for a long term. Other dogs may associate not barking with the collar, and will only control their barking while wearing the collar. It will be necessary to remain consistent with the use of the collar, placing it on your dog when you expect him to be quiet.
Power Requirements: The Spray Bark collar is powered by a Lithiu-Ion rechargeable battery. With a full charge, the battery will average appoximately 40 hours, depending upon how much your dog barks. A Low Battery indicator light will flash when the battery level has reached a weakened state and needs charging.
Precautions: The Spray Bark collar should not be worn for more than 12 hours in a 24-hour period. If the collar is worn for too long, or made too tight, the dog could develop skin damage. You should reposition the collar on the dog's neck every hour or two. You should never attach a leash to the electronic collar as this will cause excessive pressure on the collar. A separate collar should be used with a leash.