About the PetSafe Smart Feed
Phone in delivery meals for your pets
Your Apple or Android smartphone controls the PetSafe Smart Feed from just about anywhere.
Phone in delivery meals for your pets
Do you ever wish you could touch the screen of your smartphone and dispense some food for a persistent pup or fussy feline? The PetSafe Smart Feed lets you quiet those hungry pets and roll over for another ten minutes of delicious sleep.
Just load the hopper with food, place the included stainless steel bowl under the spout, then use your Android™ or Apple® smartphone to tell the feeder to dispense food in the right portions, at the right time.
Some pets eat too quickly and make themselves sick. Others need small portions throughout the day for weight control. Slow Feed mode dispenses portions slowly over a 15-minute period to make it easier to slow down food gulpers.
You can vary portions from 1/8-4 cups and have them dispensed in up to 12 separate meals throughout the day.
If you're elbow-deep in a weekend chore, or stuck at work later than usual, Feed Now mode lets you use your cellphone to instantly dispense a meal.
Battery backup ensures your pet gets fed on schedule even if the power goes out.
- automatically dispenses up to 12 meals at pre-scheduled times
- feeds on schedule as programmed if Wi-Fi® connection is lost
- Slow Feed option dispenses food slowly over a 15-minute period to prevent gulping
- Feed Now option lets you remotely feed your pet on demand
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ devices
- conveyer dispenses meal sizes from 1/8-4 cups
- top-loading hopper holds 24 cups of dry or semi-moist food
- food is dispensed into a dishwasher-safe, 5-cup stainless steel bowl
- battery backup (4 D batteries, not included) keeps food coming even if the power goes out
- 9-7/16"W x 12-5/8"H x 20-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PFD00-15788
What's in the box:
- Feeder base with conveyor installed
- Food hopper
- Battery compartment (for 4 D-cell batteries)
- Bowl holder
- Stainless steel bowl
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 7.5V 2.4A)
- Quick Start Guide
PetSafe Smart Feed reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PetSafe Smart Feed
Overview: The PetSafe Smart Feed is a Wi-Fi enabled pet food dispenser that lets you control when and how much food your pet gets. With the PetSafe Smart Feed App, available for iOS and Android, you can schedule your pet's meals, receive alerts that your pet has been fed, and how much they have received. Smart Feed can be used for cats or small-to-medium sized dogs, and includes a stainless steel bowl with a holder that keeps it in place under the dispenser.
Design: Smart Feed features a unique conveyor design that dispenses dry or semi-moist food without clogging. The locking lid and BPA-free plastic exterior are tough enough to keep your dog from "breaking in" to get a snack. The hopper can hold up to 24 cups of food, which you can dispense in portions of 1/8 cup to 4 cups at a time. If your dog is a fast eater, the unique Slow Feed mode dispenses meals of more than 1/8 cup over a 15 minute period to help prevent gulping and vomiting. A convenient Manual Feed button is located on the top panel to instantly dispense food at any time.
Smart Feed App: The PetSafe Smart Feed connects to your home's Wi-Fi router (2.4 GHz band). Using Smart Feed App you can control and monitor your pet's meals right on your smartphone. You can schedule up to 12 feedings a day, with portion sizes of from 1/8 cup to 4 cups. After each feeding, you'll receive an alert on your smartphone. An Activity Log tracks the last 2 weeks of feeding activity, including feeding time, and feeder errors. Even if the Wi-Fi connection is lost or the feeder is offline, Smart Feed will feed on schedule as programmed. You can control multiple feeders on the same app, if needed. The app enables you to feed your pet manually whenever you desire, and can place a child lock on the Manual Feed button on the feeder. The Smart Feed App works with iPhone and iPad running iOS 9 or later, and Android smartphones or tablets running version 5.0 and up.
Cleaning: The Smart Feed disassembles for easy cleaning. The hopper, lid, bowl, and bowl holder are all dishwasher-safe (top shelf). The conveyor and crumb catcher can be washed by hand in warm, soapy water. A cleaning brush or toothbrush can be used to remove food particles from the conveyor belt.
Power Options: The PetSafe Smart Feed is powered by the supplied AC adapter. You can insert 4 D-cell batteries to power the feeder in case of a power outage.
The PetSafe Smart Feed replaces these items
- can automatically dispense meals at pre-scheduled times or be controlled via mobile app
- compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Nest Cam
- battery backup maintains feeding schedule during power outages