About the SportDOG® SPORTTRAINER™ 575
Train your dog with a remote control collar
Train your dog with a remote control collar
We train our dogs because we want to keep them out of trouble — to stop anything from digging or chewing to running onto a busy road. The SportDOG SPORTTRAINER 575 offers a great way to quickly teach dogs to associate verbal commands with a physical reminder, even when you and your dog are not side by side.
The collar device administers four types of training stimulation: an audible "beep" tone, a vibration, and continuous or momentary static stimulation. The remote sends a wireless signal to the collar from up to 500 yards away, so you can get your dog's attention before he does something embarrassing to you, or dangerous to himself.
If you think static correction might be needed, but you want to keep it to a minimum, don't worry — you can choose between low and medium stimulation ranges, each with 10 levels of stimulation. Start with the lowest level of stimulation, working your way up to find your dog's "recognition level". You can also train your dog to respond to tone or vibration stimulation and set the remote to only trigger these types of stimulation.
- 3/4" collar strap with receiver device
- remote transmitter administers four types of stimulation
- tone, vibration, and continuous (up to 10 seconds) or momentary (1/10 second) static stimulation
- 10 levels of static stimulation in low/medium stimulation ranges
- designed to fit dogs 8 lbs. and up
- easy-to-read digital remote with 500-yard range
- dedicated buttons for tone, vibration and stimulation
- remote control can be used to train two dogs (requires additional collar device, not included)
- Includes power adapter, standard contact points, and long contact points
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SD-575E
What's in the box:
- Remote transmitter (blaze orange)
- Belt clip
- 22" Sport training collar/receiver (blaze orange) with 2 plastic contact points
- 2 Short contact points
- 2 Long contact points
- AC charger adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 0.5A / 5V 0.5A)
- European AC plug adapter
- UK AC plug adapter
- Test light tool
- Quick Start Guide
- Customer Care sheet
- Notice on static correction
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SportDOG® SPORTTRAINER™ 575
Overview: The SportDOG SportTrainer 575E remote dog trainer is a safe and effective method for training dogs 8 pounds and up. When you witness your dog misbehaving, you can deliver harmless corrective stimulation to the training collar receiver from the remote transmitter up to 500 yards away. The remote and collar feature DryTek waterproofing to allow you to train your dog in any weather or conditions. The remote and collar are both made in high-visitility blaze orange.
Remote Transmitter: The remote transmitter features an easy-to-read OLED display and raised buttons. Separate side-mounted buttons are factory set to deliver tone, vibration, or static stimulation. You can program the remote transmitter to deliver continous or momentary static stimulation. When selected, continuous stimulation can be delivered to the collar as long as the left button is depressed, for up to 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, a 5-second "time out" period prevents static delivery before you can resume. Momentary static stimulation lasts only 1/10-second, no matter how long the left button is pressed. The front buttons let you choose the intensity of the static stimulation, and choose which dog should receive the stimulation (when more than one collar receiver is programmed to the transmitter). DryTek waterproofing lets you submerge the remote in water up to a depth of 25 feet. The remote comes with a lanyard and a belt clip. Dimensions: Width 2.177" Height 3.976" (5.912" w/antenna) Depth 1.216"; Weight 4.2 ounces
Training Collar: The SportTrainer receiver collar uses tone, vibration, and static stimulation, giving you many choices of the type of correction that works best for your particular pet. The remote delivers a radio signal to the collar from up to 500 yards away. The collar is designed to fit dogs 8 pounds and up, with neck sizes up to 22". The system includes the Training module mounted on a 3/4"-wide collar, an AC charging adapter, short and long contact points, and a test light tool. An additional collar receiver can be programmed to the remote transmitter for multi-dog training. You can also re-program the ID code of two or more remote transmitters to control one collar receiver. The training module's dimensions: W-1.228", H-1.111" (w/o contact points), L-2.595"; Weight 3.4 ounces.
Stimulation Types: The SportTrainer receiver collar uses 3 different types of stimulation to correct your dog's behavior:
- Tone (Beep): When the top right button is pressed, the transmitter delivers a rapid beeping noise to the training collar. The volume of the tone is not adjustable. You can use the tone correction as a warning just before vibration or static correction, so your dog will associate the tone with stronger corrective stimulation. If desired, you can use the tone to mark positive behaviors, but you should never use tone for both.
- Vibration: The training collar features one non-adjustable level of vibration stimulation. When you press the vibration button on your remote, the probes will vibrate to interrupt the dog's behavior. You can use vibration alone, or just before static stimulation as a warning.
- Static Stimulation: There are 10 levels of static stimulation, adjustable by pressing the + or - buttons on the remote transmitter. A safe pulse of static stimulation is delivered through the two contact points on the training collar. The light tingling sensation interrupts their behavior. If the lower levels of static stimulation are not effective, you can gradually increase the stimulation level until your dog notices or recognizes the corrective signal. If your pet vocalizes or panics when receiving stimulation, you should lower the stimulation level.
Charging: The training collar and remote transmitter are both powered by a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. An AC charging cable with dual pigtails (for charging the collar and remote simultaneously) is included. Fully charging the batteries in both devices takes approximately 2 hours. The approximate battery life is 50-70 hours for the collar receiver and 20-40 hours for the remote transmitter, depending on frequency of use.
Test Light Tool: The included Test Light Tool lets you safely test the training collar stimulation. The contact points fit into the Test Light Tool, and when static stimulation is delivered to the collar, the test light will flash.