About the PetSafe Pawz Away® Indoor Barrier System
Keep paws off furniture and trash cans
The Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier makes sure even this overflowing trash can will still be upright when you get home.
Keep paws off furniture and trash cans
Sometimes you want to give your dog the run of the house, but there may be a few small areas you'd prefer he stay away from. The Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier lets you establish a no-go zone up to 12 feet in diameter. Set it up near trash cans, new furniture, or anything else you want him to avoid.
Pups learn where not to go
The Indoor Pet Barrier comes with one receiver collar, but you can add as many as you need — each one will respond to the barrier the same way. When your pet approaches the transmitter, the collar will give a warning beep, followed by a static correction to remind your pet to stay away from sensitive areas, even when you're not at home.
If she keeps getting closer, she'll receive corrections from the collar until she backs away, or until the safety time-out activates after 15 seconds. Before long, she'll know exactly where not to go, and she won't even try anymore.
Part of a whole-home containment system
The collar receiver works with other PetSafe containment systems. A Pawz Away Threshold Barrier can keep dogs out of certain rooms. When you head outdoors, the collar device keeps them inside the perimeter of the YardMax® In-Ground Fence.
- electronic barrier keeps dogs away from furniture and countertops
- creates an adjustable no-go zone up to 12' in diameter
- automatic safety shut-off limits static correction to a 15 second burst
- transmitter powered by 3 AA batteries (not included)
- durable and waterproof
- fits neck sizes 6-28"
- optional collar strap for cats available directly from PetSafe
- for dogs 5 lbs. and over
- compatible with PetSafe YardMax and Pawz Away products
- warns your pet with an audible beep before administering static correction
- powered by built-in rechargeable battery
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZND-1200
What's in the box:
PetSafe Pawz Away® Indoor Barrier System owner's manual
- Barrier transmitter
- Receiver collar
- 2 CR2032 (3V) cell batteries (installed in collar)
- Test light tool
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber grip pads
- Operating and Training Guide
- Customer support sheet
PetSafe Pawz Away® Indoor Barrier System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the PetSafe Pawz Away® Indoor Barrier System
Overview: The PetSafe Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier is a training tool to teach your pet to stay away from any area you want them to avoid. Pawz Away includes a transmitter and receiver collar that provides audible and static correction when you pet enters the Barrier Area. Pawz Away is designed for dogs and cats at least 6 months old and 5 pounds and up, and is for indoor use only.
System Components: The Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier consists of two main components:
- Transmitter: The transmitter should be placed near the area you want to prevent your pet from gaining access to. The transmitter sends a spherical radio signal to the Barrier Area. You can create a Barrier Area of 2' to 12' in diameter in increments of 2 feet. You can test the barrier area using the supplied Test Light Tool to avoid touching the contact points on your skin. The transmitter measures 4-13/16" in diameter and 1-1/8" in height, and can be placed on the floor or mounted on the wall. A keyhole mount on the back of the transmitter is provided for wall mounting on a small screw or nail.
- Receiver Collar: The Receiver Collar is a lightweight 3/4" wide nylon collar with a receiver with 1/2" long contact points. As your pet approaches the Barrier Area, he'll hear a series of audible tones from the Receiver Collar, and feel a safe progressive static correction, delivered through the contact points on his neck. This correction will continue until your pet leaves the Barrier Area. If your pet doesn't leave, the collar continues to correct at the maximum level for 3 seconds, up to the 15-second time-out. The collar fits neck sizes 6" to 28", and can be trimmed to size. The collar and receiver weigh only 1.8 ounces.
Multiple Pets / Transmitters: Additional Pawz Away receiver collars can be added if you have a multiple pet household. You can also set up an unlimited number of barrier transmitters in your home. To allow one pet access to an area while denying another pet, you can set the collars and transmitters to Mode A and Mode B functions. Each collar can operate in Mode A or Mode B. Each transmitter can be set to Mode A, denying access to pets with collars set to A, or Mode B, denying access to pets with Mode B collars. When set to Mode AB, access is denied to all pets wearing a receiver collar. The transmitter has a 3-way mode switch (A-B-AB) inside the battery compartment. The receiver collars can be programmed via buttons on the transmitter.
Power Requirements: The Pawz Away transmitter requires three "AA" batteries (not included). The receiver collar is powered by two 3-volt CR2032 coin cell batteries (included).
Precautions: The Receiver Control collar should not be worn for more than 12 hours a day. If the collar is worn for too long, or made too tight, the dog could develop skin damage. You should reposition the collar on the dog's neck every hour or two. You should never attach a leash to the electronic collar as this will cause excessive pressure on the contacts. A separate collar should be used with a leash.
4 questions already asked