About the Profile Clarus CL440
Let Profile's chrome-and-gold beauty, the Clarus CL440 amplifier, power all the speakers in your system!
Potent MOSFET power supplies supercharge your tunes, built-in crossovers let you sculpt your sound around your vehicle's natural acoustics, and gold-plated inputs and outputs keep the signal flowing freely. The variable 0-18 dB bass boost will give you a deep, booming low end.
Preamp outputs make multi-amp system expansion a snap. Speaker-level inputs are handy if you're hooking up to a factory radio (or any receiver without preamp outputs). And it'll readily accept up to 6-gauge power, ground, and speaker wires.
- 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 75 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts x 2 in bridged mode
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- MOSFET power supplies
- front and rear channel low- and high-pass crossovers (continuously variable 40-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- anti-thump circuit for quiet turn on/off
- accepts up to 6-gauge power, ground, and speaker wire
- 0-18 dB variable bass boost at 45 Hz
- gold-plated preamp inputs and block terminals
- speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- power light strip
- dimensions: 12-5/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-3/16"D
- 2-year warranty
What's in the box:
- Chrome amplifier with gold trim and five segment LED power light
- two 20 amp blade fuses in chassis
- Allen wrench
- 4 self tapping screws for mounting
- 2 wiring harness for speaker level input
- pair of white gloves
- instruction manual
- package of silica-gel
- 6 plastic caps covering RCA input and output
- caution note on minimum bridged impedance
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Profile Clarus CL440
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.07%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||105 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 YEARS*|
|Labor Warranty||2 YEARS*|
Gain control: 2 Variable gain controls, one for front (1,2) and one for rear (3,4) channels
Filter switch: 2 filter switches Allow you to select low pass, off (full range) or high pass for the front and rear channels. The slope is 12dB per octave.
X-over frequency control: Two variable adjustment knobs (one for the front and one for the rear channels) allow you to select a crossover point of 40Hz - 500 Hz for either the low pass or high pass crossover.
Bass Boost: Variable adjustment knobs (one for the front and one for the rear channels) allows you to select a bass boost of 0dB to 18dB (centered at 45 Hz).
Preamp inputs: Gold plated left and right stereo, and front and rear RCA jacks
Preamp output: Gold plated, full range left and right stereo RCA
Speaker level inputs: For use with supplied harness. Can be used with floating ground or common ground head units.
There is a gold plated set screw terminal for power, remote and ground. This will accept wire up to 6 gauge.
There is a gold plated set screw terminals for speaker output (+ and -). It will accept wire up to 6 gauge.
Power strip: There is a five segment LED that lights up when power is turned on.
Three way protection: This protection consists of DC, short circuit and thermal protection.
Power supply: The amplifier uses a Mosfet power supply.
- Channel separation: 85dB
- Maximum output: 100 watts x 4
- RMS output at 4 ohms: 50 watts x 4
- RMS output at 2 ohms: 75 watts x 4
- Bridged output : 150 x 2 at 4 ohms
Note that the minimum impedance allowed is 2 ohms in stereo mode and 4 ohms bridged.
Although the manual states that this unit has a 1 year warranty Profile will extend the warranty to 2 years if the unit was purchased from Crutchfield.
The Profile Clarus CL440 replaces these items