About the iFetch iDig Stay
Diggers gonna dig
Diggers gonna dig
My yard is pitted with seemingly random holes. Yup — I've got a digger. If you've got one, too, then you know you can't really stop a dog from digging if they want to. The best thing you can do is give them an outlet for the urge — one you can both live with.
I tried the iDig Go recently, and I wasn't sure if my hound Abby — the digger in the house — would go for it. But I filled the flaps with some toys and treats, and she quickly got to work exploring the various layers. She was very excited when she found one of her favorite old toys inside.
This version — the iDig Stay — has a smaller footprint, but provides just as much digging fun as the collapsible Go. It has a sturdy hardshell design with some non-skid feet on the bottom to prevent it from sliding around when your dog is getting down to business.
A word of warning
As with any dog toy, supervision is key — especially when hiding tasty morsels for a food-motivated dog. Abby smelled the treat I hid in the Go and instead of digging to find it, she attempted to create her own shortcut by chewing her way to it. Fortunately, the canvas fabric is heavy enough that I stopped her before any damage was done.
- load with toys or treats to provide a positive outlet for your dog's desire to dig
- compact hardshell design
- made of durable plastic with non-skid feet to prevent sliding
- 3 different flap designs provide varying levels of digging challenges
- snap-in flaps are removable and machine washable
- 4-1/8"H x 21-1/2" diameter
- weight: 5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Q-100
What's in the box:
- iDig Stay digging toy
- Getting Started booklet
- Customer service card
More details on the iFetch iDig Stay
Overview: The iDig Stay from iFetch is a digging toy for your dog. Hide toys and treats in the pockets or flaps of the iDig Stay, then sit back and watch your dog search and dig for the prize. iDig Stay provides hours of physical and mental stimulation for your dog, and satisfies their natural instinct to dig. Stay has a compact, hard shell design with tough fabric flaps.
Design: iDig Stay consists of a rigid, hard plastic tray with three fabric flaps that fit inside. The tray is 21-1/2" in diameter and 4-1/8" tall, with 8 rubber feet to keep it secure on hardwood or tile floors. The 18" diameter flaps are made of a tough, flexible fabric, and hook into the numerous slots on the inside of the tray. The iDig Stay tray is washable in warm, soapy water. When the flaps get dirty, simply toss them into the washer.
Flaps: Inside the tray are three flaps: Scratch, Paw, and Hide. The flaps can be folded into the tray in any order to provide varying levels of challenges for your pet:
- Scratch: The "scratch" flap features a large pocket with tough vinyl mesh window that lets your dog see the toy or smell the treat. The vinyl mesh has a rough texture, and provides audible feedback when your pet scratches at it.
- Paw: The "paw" flap has a large and a small pocket on the top and a large pocket on the bottom for hiding treasures.
- Hide: The "hide" flap has a large pocket on the underside for hiding larger toys.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?