About the Alpine CDA-9825
Alpine's CDA-9825 CD receiver comes to the ballpark ready to play! At first base, you'll find great sound, courtesy of a powerful built-in MOSFET amplifier. Bass Engine® offers its tone-shaping abilities to adjust the sound for the acoustics of your vehicle. At second base, an easy-to-read, multi-color display fields all system info, while the rotary encoder stands ready to make quick adjustments to the sound.
At shortstop, you'll find a perennial All-Star satellite radio! Add an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuner and antenna, plus an XM or SIRIUS subscription, and you'll have access to a coast-to-coast lineup of music, sports, talk, and entertainment. And surfing satellite radio is easy with Alpine's Quick Search keys, dedicated buttons that enable you to find the channel you want fast.
At third, an Ai-Net connection stands ready to control an Alpine CD or DVD changer, for entertainment on those long road trips. System expansion is on the mound, with 3 sets of 4-volt preamp outputs waiting to fire some heat at your external amplifiers. And you'll find MediaXpander behind the plate, bringing new life to your tunes by restoring frequencies lost during broadcasting or recording. Play ball!
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level and subwoofer level adjustments)
- XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- optional auxiliary input
- MOSFET internal amp
- 4-volt front and rear preamp outputs
- 4-volt subwoofer preamp outputs
- 18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels (CEA-2006 Compliant)
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDA-9825
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line fuse/fuse holder
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDA-9825 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDA-9825
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green and Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Bass Type: You may choose from the following Bass Type settings: Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3. Type 1 will sound best if you have a subwoofer in your system. Use Type 2 or Type 3 if you are using small diameter speakers.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
MX (MediaXpander): The CDA-9825 features the MediaXpander function, which is offered on Bass Engine Pro, Bass Engine Plus, and some Bass Engine models. The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each internal source (CD, FM, XM), and each source can have its own setting. There are only one or two expansion modes available for external sources.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 18 radio stations and 18 CDs.
XM Radio Ready: An optional XM Satellite Radio tuner may be connected to, and controlled by, this unit. The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, allows you to receive XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
MobileHub Link: Using the MobileHub Link, you can connect an optional Junction Box and a Nokia 6310i tri-band GSM cellular phone, allowing you to control the incoming and outgoing calls from the head unit.
Power Off: When an external amplifier is connected and the built-in amplifier is not used, removing power from the built-in amplifier will improve the sound quality.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.