About the Alpine CDA-9830
The Alpine CDA-9830 CD/MP3/WMA receiver's motorized fold-down face has a clean, stylish look that really makes the multicolor display stand out! Likewise, your MP3 and WMA song titles will look good and be easy to read. The CD slot is concealed behind the faceplate, keeping the internal mechanisms safe from intrusive dirt and grit.
Bass Engine® Plus equips you with some serious sound control tools. Use the 4-channel time correction and 4-band parametric equalizer to create the perfect soundfield for your car's acoustics. Tune the high-and low-pass crossovers, subwoofer level, and phase controls to optimize your system's performance.
Digital media (MP3 and WMA) playback ensures that you'll have lots of musical variety available without burying the passenger seat under a pile of CDs. Instead, you can store a couple of MP3 discs in the glove box. Alpine's MediaXpander restores sparkle to music that's been broadcast or compressed it does wonders for your MP3 and WMA files.
Add an XM tuner and an antenna and you'll be able to subscribe to XM Satellite Radio's 100 channels of music, news, sports, and entertainment. A wireless remote helps you make changes while you keep your eyes on the road. The CDA-9830 will also play SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
- motorized, detachable fold-down face
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- MaxTune SQ tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- Bass Engine Plus (4-band parametric EQ, 4-channel digital time alignment , a 3-position crossover, subwoofer level and phase control)
- source tone memory
- XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio controls
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- optional auxiliary input
- 4-volt front, rear and subwoofer preamp outputs
- MOSFET internal amp
- wireless remote
- 18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels, CEA-2006 compliant
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDA-9830
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line fuse/fuse holder
- RUE-4187 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Face security screw
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDA-9830 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDA-9830
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Selectable Faceplate Angle: In addition to the standard faceplate position, there are three preset faceplate angles for you to choose from.
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Bass Engine Plus: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine Plus includes the following functions:
- 4-Channel Digital Time Correction: The time correction feature allows you to create virtual speaker positions by delaying the signals being sent to the speakers closest to you. When the correct delay times have been entered for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left speakers, all sounds reach your ears at the same time, providing optimized imaging and frequency response.
- 4-band Digital Parametric EQ: The 4-band parametric EQ lets you select a center frequency, then adjust its output level and even the "width" of the boost or cut for precise system tuning. The parametric EQ offers a selection of 4 frequencies and 15 center frequencies: Band 1 (40Hz, 60Hz, or 90Hz), Band 2 (100Hz, 150Hz, or 200Hz), Band 3 (500Hz, 700Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, or 6kHz), and Band 4 (10kHz, 12.5kHz, or 15kHz). Once a frequency is selected, you can adjust its level from -12dB to +12dB in 1dB increments. The Q for each band can be adjusted independently: Band 1 (1, 2, or 3), Band 2 (1, 1.5, or 2), Band 3 (1, 2, or 3), and Band 4 (fixed bandwidth). In addition to the user-adjustable EQ (Users 1 or Users 2), tone presets are stored into memory, allowing you to recall the best setting for different types of music. You may choose from the following tone presets: Rock, Pops, Jazz & Blues, Electrical, Hip Hop & Rap, Easy Listen, Country, Classical, News, or Flat.
- 3-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover: An 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz low-pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and an 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz high-pass filter is available for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left preamp outputs. Either, or both, filters may be turned off.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
- Subwoofer Phase Selector: The phase of the subwoofer outputs may be set to normal (0 degrees) or reverse (180 degrees); this function allows you to minimize phase cancellation of bass frequencies, for stronger bass response.
MX (MediaXpander): The CDA-9830 features the MediaXpander function, which is offered on Bass Engine Pro, Bass Engine Plus, and some Bass Engine models. The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each internal source (CD, FM, MP3/WMA/XM), and each source can have its own setting. There are only one or two expansion modes available for external sources.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3/WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with constant and variable bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps and WMA files with constant and variable bit rates from 48 kbps to 192 kbps are supported. Discs recorded using Joliet or other ISSO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names will not be displayed correctly. CD-ROM XA, Mixed Mode CD, Enhanced CD (CD-Extra) and multi-session recordings are supported, but recordings made using Track At Once or packet writing cannot be correctly played back. Discs containing both standard CD audio and MP3/WMA data can be played; the unit may be set to play only the CD audio tracks or both types of tracks. ID3 tag v1 and v2 are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 24 radio stations and 18 CDs.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or Sirius Satellite Radio receiver to the CDA-9851. To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional Terk XMD1000 Universal tuner (209XMD1000) and the Terk XM Direct Smart Digital Adapter for Alpine (209XMDALP1). To receive Sirius Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional Sirius tuner for Alpine (item # 607SIRALP1) directly to the head unit. A portable satellite radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi or Sirius Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input adapter. A compatible antenna and a subscription are also required to receive satellite radio programming from Sirius or XM.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
MobileHub Link: Using the MobileHub Link, you can connect an optional Junction Box and a Nokia 6310i tri-band GSM cellular phone, allowing you to control the incoming and outgoing calls from the head unit.
Power Off: When an external amplifier is connected and the built-in amplifier is not used, removing power from the built-in amplifier will improve the sound quality.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.