About the Alpine CDA-9833
The full and vibrant sound produced by the powerful V-Drive amplifier (a monstrous 26 watts RMS per channel) in Alpine's CDA-9833 CD receiver will have you driving around for hours, just listening to music. Bass Engine Pro offers a dazzling array of sound controls the 5-band parametric EQ, 6-channel digital time correction, and 6-position digital crossover allow you to tailor the sound just the way you want it.
MP3 and WMA song titles are highlighted on an easy-to-read, 2-line dot matrix display that makes it a breeze to find the song you're looking for. Plus, the current song keeps playing while you search for the next one! Put the finishing touches on your set-up with the variable color button illumination select your six favorites from a spectrum of 512 colors!
MediaXpander rejuvenates compressed musical formats like MP3 and WMA files, as well as radio broadcasts and your regular audio CDs. Alpine's exclusive i-Personalize feature allows you to create customized, vehicle-specific Bass Engine setups on Alpine's website, burn them to a disc, and upload them onto the CDA-9833. Plus, hook up your SIRIUS or XM satellite radio tuner for expanded capabilities (subscription and antenna required).
Important Note: The powerful output of Alpine's V-Drive internal amplifier (CEA-2006 compliant) requires a direct fused connection to your vehicle's battery! We recommend that you purchase a 10-gauge amp wiring kit.
- motorized, detachable, fold-down face
- variable button color
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- MaxTune SQ tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- Bass Engine Pro (5-band parametric EQ, 6-channel digital time correction, 6-position crossover with variable slope, plus subwoofer phase and level controls)
- MediaXpander (restores clarity and detail to compressed or broadcast audio)
- source tone memory
- iPersonalize setup options
- XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio controls
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- optional auxiliary input
- 4-volt front, rear and subwoofer preamp outputs
- V-Drive hybrid MOSFET60 internal amp high-current draw requires direct fused connection to your battery
- wireless remote
- 26 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels (CEA-2006 Compliant)
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDA-9833
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter and fuse/fuse holder
- RUE-4187 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Face security screw
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDA-9833 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDA-9833
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||26 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Selectable Faceplate Angle: In addition to the standard faceplate position, there are three preset faceplate angles for you to choose from.
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Display Dimming: This unit is equipped with an illumination dimmer lead. When the unit's dimmer mode has been set to "AUTO" and the illumination lead has been connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display's illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the "MANUAL" dimmer mode setting, so the display is dim at all times.
Display Type: You may choose from the following three display types:
- Type 1: the indicator on the left changes in a fixed sequence
- Type 2: the indicator on the left changes according to the Multicolor Illumination
- Type 3: the indicator on the left changes according to the audio level
Variable Button Color: The button illumination can be adjusted to any of 512 colors. The following color presets are stored in memory: Blue, Green, Amber, and Red. In addition, you can store one custom color under the User's preset. The custom color can be selected by turning the rotary encoder and cycling though all 512 colors.
Display Font: You can customize the display by selecting one of two available display fonts.
V-Drive Hybrid Amplifier: A V-Drive MOSFET power unit is used to boost the incoming voltage from 14.4 volts (approximately) to 17.2 volts. The increased voltage allows the unit to deliver peak output of 60 watts x 4 channels. While providing high power output, this unit can draw a substantial amount of current, so the constant power wire must be connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery in your vehicle. For more info, please see the "Wiring Note" section below.
Bass Engine Pro: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine Pro includes the following functions:
- 6-Channel Digital Time Correction: The time correction feature allows you to create virtual speaker positions by delaying the signals being sent to the speakers closest to you. When the correct delay times have been entered for the front right, front left, rear right, rear left, subwoofer left, and subwoofer right speakers, all sounds reach your ears at the same time, providing optimized imaging and frequency response.
- 6-Position Digital Crossover
with Adjustable Slope: The
digital crossover allows you to choose from the following modes:
- 2-way Mode: A continuously variable 20-200Hz low-pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and a continuously variable 20-200Hz high-pass filter is available for the front and rear preamp outputs. The slope for each filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24dB/octave, or Flat. The level for each filter can be adjusted from 0 to -12dB.
- 3-way Mode: A continuously variable 20-200Hz low-pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and a continuously variable 1-20kHz high-pass filter is available for the front preamp outputs. The rear preamp outputs have a continuously variable 20Hz-20kHz low-pass filter and a continuously variable 20-200Hz high-pass filter. The slope for each filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24dB/octave, or Flat. The level for each filter can be adjusted from 0 to -12dB.
- 5-band Digital Parametric EQ: The 5-band parametric EQ lets you select a center frequency, then adjust its output level and even the "width" of the boost or cut for precise system tuning. You can select a frequency for each of the following bands: Band 1 (20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63HZ, 80Hz, or 100Hz), Band 2 (250Hz, 315Hz, or 400Hz), Band 3 (1kHz or 1.2kHz), Band 4 (3.2kHz or 4kHz), and Band 5 (10kHz, 12kHz, 16kHz, or 20kHz). Once a frequency is selected, you can adjust its level from -6dB to +6dB in 1dB increments. The Q for each frequency can be set to 1, 1.5, or 3. In addition to the user-adjustable EQ (User's 1-6), tone presets are stored into memory, allowing you to recall the best setting for different types of music. You may choose from the following tone presets: Rock, Pops, News, or Flat.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
- Subwoofer Phase Selector: The phase of the subwoofer outputs may be set to normal (0 degrees) or reverse (180 degrees); this function allows you to minimize phase cancellation of bass frequencies, for stronger bass response.
MX (MediaXpander): The CDA-9833 features the MediaXpander function, which is offered on Bass Engine Pro, Bass Engine Plus, and some Bass Engine models. The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each internal source (CD, FM, MP3/WMA/XM), and each source can have its own setting. There are only one or two expansion modes available for external sources.
i-Personalize: i-Personalize is an innovative way to customize select Alpine receivers to fit your specific listening needs. You log on to www.alpine-usa.com and download user preferences (based on vehicle and system type) for time correction, crossover, and parametric EQ. After selecting your settings, you can burn them onto a CD-R, and upload them to the head unit. You can also upload the settings to the head unit using the optional Alpine HDA-5460 Hard Disk Drive player, if one is connected.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3/WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with constant and variable bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps and WMA files with constant and variable bit rates from 48 kbps to 192 kbps are supported. Discs recorded using Joliet or other ISSO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names will not be displayed correctly. CD-ROM XA, Mixed Mode CD, Enhanced CD (CD-Extra) and multi-session recordings are supported, but recordings made using Track At Once or packet writing cannot be correctly played back. Discs containing both standard CD audio and MP3/WMA data can be played; the unit may be set to play only the CD audio tracks or both types of tracks. ID3 tag v1 and v2 are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 24 radio stations and 18 CDs.
XM Radio Ready: An optional XM Satellite Radio tuner may be connected to, and controlled by, this unit. The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, allows you to receive XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
MobileHub Link: Using the MobileHub Link, you can connect an optional Junction Box and a Nokia 6310i tri-band GSM cellular phone, allowing you to control the incoming and outgoing calls from the head unit.
Amplifier Link: When an external Amplifier Link compatible amp is connected using the optional KCE-510M head unit interface, the amplifier settings are adjustable from the head unit. You can control the following settings: Input, Low-pass, Subsonic, P-EQ, Bass Comp, TCR, Phase, Turn-on Delay, and Output Disable. In addition, the head unit will display the following amplifier information: voltage, electric current, and temperature.
Note: The optional KCE-510M head unit interface allows you to connect up to 8 amplifiers to this head unit.
Power Off: When an external amplifier is connected and the built-in amplifier is not used, removing power from the built-in amplifier will improve the sound quality.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Hard Disk Drive Player Compatible: The CDA-9833 is compatible with the Alpine HDA-5460 Hard Disk Drive player.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
Wiring Note: While providing high power output, this unit can draw a substantial amount of current. Per Alpine, this receiver's constant power wire must be connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery in your vehicle, and 10-gauge wire must be used to make the connection. This requires a length of 10-gauge power cable, an in-line fuse holder with a 20- to 30-amp fuse and a ring terminal (the ring terminal is used to connect the cable to the battery clamp). Although all the pieces of a basic amplifier wiring kit will not be not needed, if you do not wish to assemble the required items separately, the power wire and in-line fuse holder from a basic 10-gauge kit can be used to connect the constant power wire to your vehicle's battery. For a secure, permanent connection, the 10-gauge cable must be soldered to this receiver's 16-gauge constant power wire.