About the Alpine CDA-9884
Alpine packs the CDA-9884 CD receiver with an impressive internal amplifier that delivers your music with impact and depth. You'll also appreciate the easy-to-read display, the simple controls, and the number of options for system expansion.
Tone to the max
Alpine's Bass Engine® feature lets you adjust the centerpoints of your treble and bass controls so you can really shape the tone. You'll also find a built-in high-pass filter that trims the bass going to your full-range speakers, and bass controls that shape the bass from your subwoofer system.
The CDA-9884 offers three sets of preamp outputs for building an amplified system. And with the combination of Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT sound tuning adapter and the KTX-H100 tuning kit you'll turn your vehicle into the perfect listening space they measure your car's acoustics and adjust the stereo's settings automatically to create a perfect audio environment.
Adding to your system
Alpine includes their KCE-422i iPod® cable, so you get full-speed control of your iPod without having to buy an adapter. You can add a dedicated satellite radio tuner, or Alpine's KCA-SC100 controller for select SIRIUS plug-and-play radios. Or, you can connect a different option, like a Bluetooth® adapter, an HD Radio tuner, or an auxiliary input adapter.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (except Digital Rights-protected files)
- fold-down, detachable face
- optional remote control
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- high-pass filter (speakers and front/rear preamp outputs)
- compatible with: Alpine Bluetooth® adapter, satellite radio, HD Radio tuner, CD changer
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit
- inputs: KCE-422i iPod cable is included, optional aux input
- outputs: three sets of preamp outputs (subwoofer output has bass level control)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA/AAC receiver
- 10-amp fuse (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Trim ring
- Hard plastic face case
- KCE-422i Alpine Full Speed connection cable for iPod
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Complete Owner's Manual (English/French) on CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (English/French/Spanish)
- CD-ROM's Owner's Manual (English/French/)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDA-9884 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDA-9884
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3, WMA, and AAC files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps, WMA files with bit rates from 48 kbps to 192 kbps, and AAC files with bit rates from 16 kbps to 320 kbps are supported. Variable bit rates are also compatible. Up to 510 files/folders and a maximum of 255 folders can be read from one disc. ID3 tags v1 and v2, and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you're playing a disc with CD Text, ID3, or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track or file by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track, and select it by pressing the play button.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Control:
- Bass Center Frequency: 60Hz, 80Hz (default), 100Hz, or 200Hz
- Bass Band Width (Q): Q1 (narrow), Q2, Q3, or Q4 (wide)
- Bass Level: -7 to +7 (-14dB to +14dB in 2dB steps)
- Treble Control:
- Treble Center Frequency: 10kHz (default), 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz
- Treble Level: -7 to +7 (-14dB to +14dB in 2dB steps)
- High Pass Filter (HPF): speaker level and preamp outputs (other than the subwoofer output) have a selectable crossover (HPF); off (default), 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz
- Loudness: on/off
- Defeat On/Off: reset the unit to its factory default bass and treble settings by turning the Defeat function on
Power IC Off: When an external amplifier is powering all the speakers in the system, you can turn the internal amp off, which will improve the sound quality.
Subwoofer Pre-out: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, the CDA-9884 has a dedicated subwoofer output with a variable level of 0 to +15. When the subwoofer is on, you can select either System1 or System2 for the desired subwoofer effect.
- Subwoofer System 1: subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting
- Subwoofer System 2: subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting; even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible
Dimmer/Contrast: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead; when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times. The contrast of the display can also be adjusted from -5 to +3 for better visibility.
Interrupt Feature: When a device having the interrupt feature (such as a cellular telephone) is connected to the receiver, the audio signal will be automatically muted whenever the interrupt signal is received from the device. The supplied wiring harness contains a pink/black Interrupt lead that needs to be connected to the device's interrupt signal connection.
Angle Mounting: Alpine recommends mounting the CDA-9884 no more that 35° above horizontal.
Wireless Remote: The CDA-9884 is compatible with the optional RUE-4202 wireless remote control (item number 500RUE4202) or RUE-4190 (item number 500RUE4910). The unit has a remote control sensor on the upper right corner of the faceplate.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The CDA-9884 has a steering remote control input on the back panel. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (item number 127SWIJACK), you can retain the use of your factory steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagens and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "What Fits My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Auxiliary Input: With the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable or KCA-410C Versatile Link Terminal, you can input audio from an auxiliary source unit, such as a TV, VCR or portable unit.
Changer Name: You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the CD changer input; Changer, USB, or Portable.
Dual Color Button Illumination: You can change the lighting color of the following six buttons Source/Power, Band, Next, Previous, Fast Forward and Rewind. You can select from Type1 or Type 2 illumination.
- Type1: when the color of the six mentioned buttons are blue then the color of the other buttons are red
- Type2: when the color of the six mentioned buttons are red then the color of the other buttons are red
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
iPod Full Speed: The CDA-9884 has an iPod Direct Connection mounted on a 4" pigtail on the rear panel. When used with the supplied KCE-422i Alpine Full Speed Connection cable, the receiver can interface with most Apple iPods with a dock connector. You can quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, or Composer. You can view artist, album, song, and track number on the head unit's display. When operating your iPod through the Full Speed connection, you can use the Direct Search function in Playlist, Artist, Album, or Song mode to quickly locate your music . Using the unit's preset buttons, you can quickly jump over a designated percentage of your song content (Preset 1: 0% to 16%, Preset 2: 17% to 32%, Preset 3: 33% to 49%, Preset 4: 50% to 66%, Preset 5: 67% to 82%, Preset 6: 83% to 100% of the song library). The unit can be used with the following iPod models - iPod mini (1st, 2nd generation), iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation), Fourth generation iPod photo, Fifth generation iPod video, iPod classic (80, 120, 160GB) and iPod touch (1st, 2nd generation).
Note: The cable will not charge the iPod nano 4th generation or iPod touch 2nd generation. The cable cannot be used with iPod software versions earlier than "2006-06-28". For details about "iPod Software Update", refer to the iPod's Instruction Manual.
USB Adapter Ready: With the optional KCA-620M USB adapter (item number 500KCA620M), you can connect and control MP3 players that have USB connections. In addition, if you have MP3s stored on a USB thumb drive, you can select and play those files from the head unit.
HD Radio Ready: The CDA-9884 can receive HD Radio signals, including multicast broadcasts, when the TUA-T550HD HD Radio Tuner Module (item number 500TUAT550) is connected via the Ai-NET connector. The digital seek function allows you to search for only HD Radio stations if you prefer.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner (220CNP20UC) and the Alpine CNP-ALP1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMALP1).
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio:
- Universal SIRIUS Tuner: You can connect the optional SIRIUS SC-C1 SIRIUS Connect Universal Vehicle Tuner, along with the Alpine KCA-SC100 SIRIUS satellite Radio interface (package item number 700SIRALPC) directly to the head unit.
- SIRIUS Plug and Play: The KCA-SC100 (item number 500KCASC10) allows you to integrate many SIRIUS plug and play receivers. Compatible tuners include the Sportster, Starmate, Stratus, and Stiletto. You can control the satellite receiver from your head unit and use the Quick Search feature to browse all artists and songs currently playing on all channels. The SIRIUS text information also appears on the head unit display.
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite radio receiver, such as the
Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via an
auxiliary input. (If the head unit doesn't include an auxiliary input, you
will need the Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter.)
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
Bluetooth Interface Ready: With the optional KCE-400BT Bluetooth adapter and KWE-460E adapter cable (item number 700KCE460B), you can make and receive calls hands-free on your Bluetooth-capable cellular phone, and communicate through a microphone (included with the Bluetooth interface) and your vehicle's speakers.
Ai-NET Compatible: An optional Ai-NET-compatible 6- or 12-disc CD changer (including MP3 and DVD Changers) may be connected to, and controlled by, the CDA-9884. With the KCA-410c Versatile Link Terminal (item number 500KCA410C), you can control multiple changers (up to 6) with this unit.
External Processor: You can enjoy DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound with the addition of an Alpine PXA-H701 multi-channel processor and RUX-C701 controller.
Imprint: With the addition of the optional PXA-H100 Imprint box (item number 500PXAH100) and KTX-H100 tuning kit (item number 500KTXH100) a car's inherent acoustic shortcomings can be overcome with the MultEQ feature. Imprint also gives you much more sound adjustment flexibility as detailed below.
MultEQ: MultEQ, developed by Audyssey Labs, automatically optimizes the audio for the listening environment inside your vehicle. The Imprint kit includes the hardware, software, and microphone necessary to measure multiple positions in the car and capture frequency and time domain information from the vehicle's actual acoustical environment. Once the car's speaker location delays are measured, along with the frequency peaks and dips caused by the absorptive and reflective materials in the interior, MultEQ creates a set of equalization filters to correct the frequency response and time domain problems for each speaker in the vehicle. It also removes sound distortion caused by the specific acoustical problems in the vehicle by applying unique FIR filters, using more than 500 points along the frequency spectrum per channel. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision than can be achieved using typical graphic or parametric equalization. The result is a more accurate soundstage and smoother, more natural sound optimized to match your vehicle.
Equalizer: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of musical source material. You can select from - Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz & Blues, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop & Rap, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical. The head unit will also save six custom EQ curves you create by adjusting the units built-in EQ. Choose the parametric or graphic EQ:
- 5- Band Parametric EQ: The built-in Parametric EQ
allows you to adjust the following 5 frequency bands in 1/3 octave steps
from -6 to +6 dB at a bandwidth Q factor of 1, 1.5, or 3
- Band 1: 20 Hz to 80 Hz
- Band 2: 50 Hz to 200 Hz
- Band 3: 125 Hz to 3.2 kHz
- Band 4: 315 Hz to 8 kHz
- Band 5: 800 Hz to 20 kHz
- 7-Band Graphic EQ: The built-in Graphic EQ allows you
to adjust the following 7 frequencies from -6 to +6 dB
- Band 1: 63 Hz
- Band 2: 150 Hz
- Band 3: 400 Hz
- Band 4: 1 kHz
- Band 5: 2.5 kHz
- Band 6: 6.3 kHz
- Band 7: 17.5 kHz
Crossover: The active crossover can be used as a 2.2 channel (3-way; low-pass subwoofer, band-pass midrange, high-pass tweeter) or a 4.2 channel (2-way; high-pass front and rear, low-pass subwoofer). A crossover limits the frequencies delivered to a given speaker, so you send only the frequencies for which the speaker is well suited. The crossover adjusts the high pass filter or low pass filter of each band along with the slope and output level. You can adjust the following crossover settings:
- 4.2 Channel:
- High Pass Filter: the front and rear outputs are individually adjustable; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter: the subwoofer output can be stereo or mono; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- 2.2 Channel:
- Tweeter/High Pass Filter: crossover from 1 kHz to 20 kHz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Midrange/Band Pass Filter: a band pass has both high pass and low pass filters; HPF 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct; LPF from 20 Hz to 20 kHz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Subwoofer/Low Pass Filter: the subwoofer output can be stereo or mono; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
Time Correction: The time correction feature delays the audio signal to the speakers closer to the listener. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance from all speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance of each speaker and subwoofer (6-channel) to the listener from 0 to 132.7 inches.
Media Xpander: The MX (Media Xpander) function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three settings and each source can have its own setting.
The Alpine CDA-9884 replaces these items