About the Alpine CDE-147BT
Convenience at a smart price
Convenience at a smart price
The CDE-147BT CD receiver kicks off Alpine's line of Bluetooth® equipped receivers for 2013. It lets you make and take calls hands-free when you're in the car, so you can keep your attention on the road while you talk — no fumbling for the phone or driving with one hand in busy traffic. And you can stream audio from your Bluetooth devices too, with receiver control of basic functions like "track up" and "track down." Plus, Alpine's Quad illumination lets you choose from four different colors for the receiver's control buttons for a style that'll work in your car.
Sound quality customization with social networking
Alpine's new TuneIt App lets you tap into the power of your Android™, iPhone®, and the cloud to customize this receiver's sound output for your car. Download the TuneIt app and you'll have access to over 3000 custom sound parameters from Alpine's servers. The sound parameters tailor the CDE-147BT's 9-band equalizer, digital time correction, high- and low-pass filters, and Media Xpander to tune your system to match your car model, car type, and listening position. And you can share your custom settings with others and even get feedback through Facebook.
Choose from four different button colors.
The CDE-147BT offers a handy front-panel auxiliary input and a rear USB port with an extension cable. Alpine's App Direct Mode lets you control basic playback and view metadata from many iPhone music apps, and you'll have full control over the music stored on your iPhone or iPod® when connected by USB. Of course you can enjoy your CDs too, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, or AAC music files.
Want more power? You can add Alpine's KTP-445A Power Pack, a compact plug-and-play solution that brings this receiver's power output up to 45 watts RMS per channel. Or you can hook up conventional external amplifiers to the three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs to create a killer system for your ride.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Alpine, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- App Direct Mode for basic control of select music apps
- compatible with Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack amplifier
- detachable face with Quad Illumination
- 9-band parametric equalizer with 11 preset tone curves
- digital time correction
- TuneIt app for access to over 3000 custom sound parameters
- built-in high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level and phase controls
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and rear USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Hard plastic face case
- 5' USB extension cable (w/ a female USB type-A connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector (inside face case)
- Sun-visor bracket (inside face case)
- Two-sided tape (inside face case)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
Alpine CDE-147BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDE-147BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine CDE-147BT features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1+EDR) technology. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine CDE-147BT.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Alpine CDE-147BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Alpine head unit (only one device can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). The controls of the CDE-147BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-147BT provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls
are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will
be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-147BT provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
CDE-147BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (3 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers. mute the
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine CDE-147BT can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the CDE-147BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The CDE-147BT even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with song/artist information and limited control (continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music app navigation).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Alpine CDE-147BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "VOICE CTRL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the CDE-147BT and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine CDE-147BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-147BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
iPod/iPhone USB 1-Wire Connection: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the head unit's rear-panel USB port using the Alpine KCU-445i iPod/iPhone cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the iPod/USB cable that came with your iPod/iPhone to get access to all of your iPod/iPhone's stored music, right from the head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the CDE-147BT.
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine CDE-147BT supports audio playback of music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone; as well as music apps downloaded on your Apple device. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the
iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or
touchscreen (App Direct Mode).
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-147BT lets you navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. You can then search these categories alphabetically (A-Z). For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-6%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song).
- App Direct Mode: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit. Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are available from the head unit. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate advanced functions of your music apps. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode. Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
- Information Display: The CDE-147BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod/iPhone from the Alpine head unit or the Apple devices clickwheel/touchscreen. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display station identification and song/artist information from select music apps.
- iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-147BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Bluetooth||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora||TuneIt||Phone||Audio||Siri||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front-panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine CDE-147BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps/Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine CDE-147BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS5+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the CDE-147BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The CDE-147BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-147BT features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port attached to the rear-chassis by a 9" cable, and comes with a 5' USB extension cable. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Alpine CDE-147BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05,
24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||509 files/255folders||1,000 folders/files (512 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a disc or USB device with CD-Text, ID3 or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs and USB devices without CD Text or ID3/WMA tags searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-147BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-147BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
24-Bit D/A Converter: The Alpine CDE-147BT uses a 24-bit D/A converter for superb sound quality and playback of your music.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The CDE-147BT has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front & rear preamp output can be faded, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Note: When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the unit's subwoofer output. System 1 (subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting) or System 2 ( subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter (for Front & Rear): The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Preset/9-Band EQ: You can select from 11 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, or User. Using the head unit's 9-Band EQ (in User mode), you can modify the EQ settings to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste.
|1||20 Hz - 100 Hz||3.0, 4.0. 5.0||-7 to +7 dB|
|2||63 Hz - 315 Hz|
|3||125 Hz - 500 Hz|
|4||250 Hz - 1 kHz|
|5||500 Hz - 2 kHz|
|6||1 kHz - 4 kHz|
|7||2 kHz- 7.2 kHz|
|8||5.8 kHz - 12 kHz|
|9||9 kHz - 20 kHz|
Note: The settings of the 9-Band EQ, Time Correction, and X-over can be stored in the preset memory (1-6).
Audio Enhancements: The CDE-147BT offers the following audio adjustments to enhance your in-car listening experience.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. You can customize the Media Xpander to suit your personal taste by adjusting the level (0-8) for Bass, Mids, and Highs. The FM radio, CD, USB, iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth, and Aux will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-132.7") of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
- Spatial: This feature allows you to change the soundstage of your
music in the vehicle. You can select from three modes.
- Front Wide: Creates the effect of widening the front sound field by delaying the sound of the front speakers.
- Rear Wide: Creates the effect of making the front sound image clear and far by delaying the sound of the rear speakers.
- Off: No effect is applied (default)
- Source Volume Level: The output level of each source (Tuner, Disc, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, Pandora, Aux) is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
TuneIt App: TuneIt is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app onto your Apple iPhone 4/4S/5 (via iTunes) or Android smartphone (coming soon via Google Play) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the CDE-147BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The TuneIt app turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the CDE-147BT. Follow the simple TuneIt graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Time Correction, Parametric EQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the TuneIt app must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to TuneIt will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Detachable Face: The unit features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. A hard plastic face case is provided to store the detachable faceplate. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
2-Line LCD Display: This unit is equipped with a 2-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations, CD-Text, and ID-3/WMA tag information.
Text Display: Text information, such as the disc name and the track name, will be displayed if playing a CD text compatible disc. It is also possible to display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a MP3/WMA disc. This unit can scroll the disc and track names recorded on CD-Text disc, as well as the text information of MP3/WMA files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The CD text information, the information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a disc is loaded or when a track is changed.
Variable Color Button Illumination: The head unit lets you choose between Blue, Green, Red, or Amber button illumination. The LCD text will remain white.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-147BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
5 questions already asked