About the Alpine CDE-153BT
Innovative sound control
Innovative sound control
Alpine continues to put the accent on sound quality with their CDE-153BT CD receiver, which gives you the ability to tune your vehicle's sound system like never before. You start by downloading the Alpine TuneIt App Ver. 2.0 to your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone, then use your phone to take charge of the receiver's sound settings.
You can adjust the 9-band parametric EQ and frequency filters with a simple touchscreen interface, or choose settings that Alpine has created for your specific vehicle. You can also customize the five bass profiles in the receiver's Bass Engine SQ feature, then make big changes in your bass with the touch of a button. Even cooler, you can share your settings with other users through Facebook, and check out settings others have created for your vehicle.
Better-sounding Bluetooth audio
The CDE-153BT offers custom soundshaping with the Alpine TuneIt App.
If you've been disappointed with the quality of streaming audio in the past, you'll appreciate Alpine's exclusive Digital Signal Processing technology, which improves the sound quality of streaming music or stored music files sent from your Bluetooth device to this Alpine. And this receiver's Bluetooth capability also makes it easy to receive and make calls without having to pick up your phone. When your compatible iPhone is linked to the receiver, you can access Siri with Alpine's Eyes Free mode — letting you keep your eyes on the road while you interact with your iPhone.
Plenty of media options
The CDE-153BT covers the bases with CD playback, MP3 and WMA file compatibility, iPod® and iPhone® controls, plus Pandora® control with iPhone and Android™ phones. For even more options, you can add an optional SiriusXM tuner and tap into an unparalleled variety of music, news, sports, and talk.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Siri integration with Eyes Free mode
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- App Direct mode
- Alpine TuneIt App Ver. 2.0 compatible for extensive sound adjustments
- optional remote control
- 9-band parametric equalizer with ten presets
- Bass Engine SQ button
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Sun-visor bracket
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Face case
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
- SiriusXM note
Alpine CDE-153BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDE-153BT
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine CDE-153BT features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1+EDR) technology. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine CDE-153BT.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Alpine CDE-153BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to three Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Alpine head unit (only one device can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). The controls of the CDE-153BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-153BT provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls
are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will
be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-153BT provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
CDE-153BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 contacts (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine CDE-153BT can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the CDE-153BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The CDE-153BT even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with limited control and song/artist information. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music navigation.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-153BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-153BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) devices; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Alpine CDE-153BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MSC|
|File System||ISO 9660 Level 1/2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8, 11.025, 12, 16,
22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/509 files||100 folders/100 files per folder|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a disc or USB device with ID3 or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs and USB devices without ID3 or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-153BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-153BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
iPod Direct Connection: The Alpine CDE-153BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The CDE-153BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Apline's KCU-445i dock connector-to-USB cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the CDE-153BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use you can use Alpine's KCU-471i cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the CDE-153BT.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Music Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine head unit supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. You can operate your connected iPod/iPhone via the head unit's front-panel controls or from your Apple device's clickwheel/touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-153BT lets you navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. You can then search these categories alphabetically (A-Z). For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-16%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song). Newer iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to use your Apple device's touchscreen to access music apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- App Direct: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone device through its clickwheel or touchscreen; as well as music apps on an iPhone (iOS 3.0+). Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are still available from the head unit. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Song/Artist Information: The Alpine CD receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information in Head Unit or App Direct Mode. The CDE-153BT will display Track Number, Elapsed Time, Artist Name, Song/Album Title, and Station Identification for stored music and music apps.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-153BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/25/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Bluetooth||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora||TuneIt App||Phone||Audio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine CDE-153BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine CDE-153BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS5+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the CDE-153BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (KCU-445i or KCU-471i; both sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The CDE-153BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine CDE-153BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 130 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM Premier" package (subscription required); including 20+ SiriusXM Xtra Channels which consist of music, sports, entertainment and a collection of channels dedicated to Spanish language programming. Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Song/Artist Info: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on the in-dash receiver.
- Search Functions: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Channel (all channels), Music (your saved artists/songs), Games (your saved sport teams), and Featured (recommended stations).
- 18 Presets + Jump Recall: The Alpine head unit feature 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18). You can even save your absolute favorite radio station and access it with the press of a single button for easy recall.
- Instant Replay: The head unit supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content.
- Song/Artist/Game Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- TuneStart/TuneScan:Tune Start allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a preset music channel. Tune Scan allows you to play back six seconds of each song in a preset music channel.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs (up to 50) you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes. When you hear a song you like, simply press and hold down the Volume button for two seconds on the head unit .
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24-Bit D/A Converter: The Alpine CDE-153BT uses a 24-bit D/A converter for superb sound quality and playback of your music.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445 (500KTP445, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445 is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The CDE-153BT has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front & rear preamp output can be faded, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the unit's subwoofer output. System 1 (subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting) or System 2 ( subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 60, 80, 120, 160 Hz, or Off (through).
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter (for Front & Rear): The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Preset/9-Band EQ: You can select from 11 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, or User. Using the head unit's 9-Band EQ (in User mode), you can modify the EQ settings to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste.
|1||20 Hz - 100 Hz||3.0, 4.0, or 5.0||-7 to +7 dB|
|2||63 Hz - 315 Hz|
|3||125 Hz - 500 Hz|
|4||250 Hz - 1 kHz|
|5||500 Hz - 2 kHz|
|6||1 kHz - 4 kHz|
|7||2 kHz- 7.2 kHz|
|8||5.8 kHz - 12 kHz|
|9||9 kHz - 20 kHz|
Audio Enhancements: The CDE-153BT offers the following audio adjustments to enhance your in-car listening experience.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. You can customize the Media Xpander to suit your personal taste by adjusting the level (0-8) for Bass, Mids, and Highs. The FM radio, Disc, USB, iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth, and Aux will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Bass Engine SQ: Bass Engine SQ tuning is a new feature that changes bass sound characteristics by automatically adjusting different combinations of EQ, Sub Level, and Crossover settings through the choice of five bass profiles (Standard, Punch, Rich, Mid Bass, and Low Bass); only customizable through TuneIt app for Apple iOS and Android devices. You can adjust the effect level (0-6) of the selected profile from the head unit.
- Source Volume Level: The output level of each source (Tuner, Disc, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, Pandora, Aux) is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
Alpine's TuneIt App: TuneIt is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app (from Apple's App Store or GooglePlay) onto your Apple iPhone (iOS 6.0+ ) or Android smartphone (2.2+) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the Alpine receiver via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I/500KCU471I sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The TuneIt app turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the Alpine receiver. Follow the simple TuneIt graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Bass Engine SQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the TuneIt app must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to TuneIt will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Detachable Face: The unit's front-panel is detachable to deter theft; a hard storage case is included to protect the faceplate once detached. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Single-Line Display: This unit is equipped with a 1-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations and ID-3/WMA tag information.
Text Display: The CD receiver will display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a USB device loaded with MP3/WMA music files. This unit can scroll the text information of MP3/WMA files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a when a track is changed.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Stay On Mode: You can set the delay in turning off the head unit's power after the vehicle's ignition is turned off. When you select a source mode, other than Off, the music will be paused after you turn the ignition key off. At the same time, the prompt "Press Preset 6 to Stay On" will scroll once. Press Preset 6 within 15 seconds to continue to listen to your music for the select period of time (off/5/15/30 min). If Preset 6 is not pressed, the unit will power off within 15 seconds. During this period, you can only receive a call by operating your paired smartphone.
Note: There is a possibility that the battery may be drained if already week during Stay On Mode.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-153BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
10 questions already asked