About the Alpine CDE-163BT
Built for customized sound
Built for customized sound
The CDE-163BT CD receiver takes the Alpine tradition of great sound further with customized soundscapes tailored to your car. Download Alpine's TuneIt 2.5 smartphone app to your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone, and you'll tap into this receiver's extensive sound adjustment capabilities, including a 9-band EQ and time correction. Use the app's interface to manually adjust settings, or apply settings created by Alpine for your specific vehicle. You can even share your settings with other users through Facebook, and check out what others have created for your vehicle.
The clean layout of the CDE-163BT makes it easy to use when you're driving.
If your audio plans include amplifiers and high-end component speakers, the three sets of 4-volt crossovers can be set to 3-way mode, so you can amplify the lows, mids, and highs separately — the ultimate SQ setup. And, speaking of sound quality, this receiver will play your FLAC files via USB, so you can enjoy a better listening experience in your car.
Bluetooth® that's better
With the CDE-163BT and your paired smartphone, you can talk hands-free to the receiver, letting you keep your eyes on the road while you interact with your phone. If you've been less than thrilled with the sound of streaming audio in the past, Alpine's exclusive processing improves the sound of streaming music or stored music files sent from your device to the receiver.
More goodness to enjoy
If you're looking to add some punch to your tunes, press the Bass Engine SQ button for easy access to the receiver's extensive low-frequency controls, including bass profiles that you can customize through the TuneIt app. If you're active on Facebook, this receiver will read the latest posts to you while you concentrate on the road. And if you're tired of the same old programming on your local radio stations, you can add an optional SiriusXM satellite radio tuner to enjoy an unparalleled variety of music, news, sports, and talk programming.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays FLAC files via USB
- detachable face with variable color display
- optional remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- Pandora-ready for iPhone and Android
- music file and streaming audio playback from select Android devices through USB input
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt 2.5 app
- 9-band parametric EQ and time correction
- 24-bit DAC
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Sun-visor bracket
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Face case
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
Alpine CDE-163BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDE-163BT
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, FLAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine CDE-163BT features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1+EDR) technology. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine CDE-163BT.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (for iPhone): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Alpine CDE-163BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to three Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Alpine head unit (only one device can be used at a time). You can also pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Alpine head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). The controls of the CDE-163BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-163BT provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls
are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will
be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-163BT provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
CDE-163BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 contacts (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine CDE-163BT can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the CDE-163BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The CDE-163BT even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with limited control and song/artist information. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music navigation.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-163BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. You can also select which speakers output Bluetooth audio. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
- Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device. Choose All (audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car), F-L (sound is only output from the front left speaker), F-R (sound is only output from the front right speaker), or F-LR (sound is output from the front left and front right speakers).
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
- Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-163BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-163BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3, WMA, & FLAC audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The head unit's USB port is not compatible with Android smartphones.
MP3/WMA/FLAC Playback: The Alpine CDE-163BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, & FLAC music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MSC|
|File System||ISO 9660 Level 1/2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8, 11.025, 12, 16,
22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8, 11.025, 12, 16,
22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 0-2,304 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/509 files||255 folders/255 files per folder|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags, FLAC tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a disc or USB device with ID3 tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs and USB devices without ID3, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-163BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
iPod Direct Connection: The Alpine CDE-163BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The CDE-163BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Alpine's KCU-471i cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the CDE-163BT.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Alpine's KCU-445i dock connector-to-USB cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the CDE-163BT.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Music Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine head unit supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. You can operate your connected iPod/iPhone via the head unit's front-panel controls or from your Apple device's clickwheel/touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-163BT lets you navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. You can then search these categories alphabetically (A-Z). For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-16%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song). Newer iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to use your Apple device's touchscreen to access music apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- App Direct: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone device through its clickwheel or touchscreen; as well as music apps on an iPhone (iOS 3.0+). Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are still available from the head unit. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Song/Artist Information: The Alpine CD receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information in Head Unit or App Direct Mode. The CDE-163BT will display Track Number, Elapsed Time, Artist Name, Song/Album Title, and Station Identification for stored music and music apps.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-163BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 8/29/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Bluetooth||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora||TuneIt||Phone||Audio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front-panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (either from the Apple App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine CDE-163BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the CDE-163BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (KCU-445i or KCU-471i; both sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. The CDE-163BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Shuffle: Shuffle allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your Shuffle station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine CDE-163BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's front-panel LCD.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Jump: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. All presets are recognized a SmartFavorites with advanced features like TuneStart, & TuneScan. The Jump feature lets you store your absolute favorite channel so you can jump to it with the press of a dedicated button and then jump back to the previous channel.
- TuneStart & TuneScan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite preset channel on the current band. TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Smart Favorite Preset music channels on the currently tuned band.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay content from the currently tuned SiriusXM channel. The SiriusXM tuner will continually buffer up to 60 minutes of audio from the currently tuned channel.
- Song/Artist/Game Alerts: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine CDE-163BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
24-Bit D/A Converter: The Alpine CDE-163BT uses a 24-bit D/A converter for superb sound quality and playback of your music.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445 (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445 is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The CDE-163BT has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front & rear preamp output can be faded, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier. When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume & phase control.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the unit's subwoofer output. System 1 (subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting) or System 2 ( subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
Crossover System: The Alpine CDE-163BT offers a 2-way and 3-way crossover system setup for greater flexibility with various speaker system configurations.
- 2-Way: Allows you to set up a high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup
using either speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: the high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (20, 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, or 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs; the high pass filter crossover slope can be set to Flat, 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.; you can also adjust the level of the HPF crossover from -12 to 0 dB
- LPF: the subwoofer preamp output features a low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (20, 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, or 200Hz)) are output to your connected subwoofer; the low pass filter crossover slope can be set to Flat, 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.; you can also adjust the level of the LPF crossover from -12 to 0 dB
- 3-Way: Allows you to setup a more complex 3-way crossover
(High/Mid/Lows) network for stereo systems with separate tweeters,
midranges, and subwoofers; using low-level outputs of head unit only.
- Highs: the high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1k, 1.2k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.2k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, or 20kHz; the slope can be adjusted to Flat, 6, or 12 dB/oct.,; the level can be set to -12 to 0 dB.
- Mids: you can set a mid-high and mid-low crossover for your midrange/midbass drivers (mid-high = 20, 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315, 400, 500, 630, 800Hz, or 1k, 1.2k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.2k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, or 20kHz; mid-low = 20, 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315, 400, 500, 630, or 800Hz); the slope can be adjusted to Flat, 6, or 12 dB/oct.,; the level can be set to -12 to 0 dB
- Lows: the low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 20, 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315, 400, 500, 630, or 800Hz; the slope can be adjusted to Flat, 6, or 12 dB/oct.,; the level can be set to -12 to 0 dB
Built-in Equalizer: The Alpine CDE-163BT CD receiver is equipped with a Preset EQ, a 9-Band Parametric EQ, and Alpine's very owner Bass Engine SQ.
- Equalizer Presets: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can create a Custom EQ preset by adjusting the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
- Bass Engine SQ: Bass Engine SQ tuning is a new feature that changes bass sound characteristics by automatically adjusting different combinations of EQ, Sub Level, and Crossover settings through the choice of five bass profiles (Standard, Punch, Rich, Mid Bass, and Low Bass); only customizable through TuneIt app for Apple iOS and Android devices. You can adjust the effect level (0-6) of the selected profile from the head unit.
Audio Enhancements: The CDE-163BT offers the following audio adjustments to enhance your in-car listening experience.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. You can customize the Media Xpander to suit your personal taste by adjusting the level (0-8) for Bass, Mids, and Highs. The FM radio, Disc, USB, iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth, and Aux will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Source Volume Level: The output level of each source (Tuner, Disc, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, Pandora, Aux) is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Alpine TuneIt is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app (from Apple's App Store or GooglePlay) onto your Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+ ) or Android smartphone (2.2+) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the CDE-163BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I/500KCU471I sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt app turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the CDE-163BT. Follow the simple graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Bass Engine SQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt app must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to Alpine's TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Detachable Face: The unit's front-panel is detachable to deter theft; a hard storage case is included to protect the faceplate once detached. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Front-Panel LCD: This unit's front-panel LCD lets you easily view AM/FM stations and ID-3/WMA tag information. The CD receiver will display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a USB device loaded with MP3/WMA music files. This unit can scroll the text information of MP3/WMA files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings - Auto (the information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically) or Manual (the display is scrolled when a when a track is changed).
Variable Color Illumination: The Alpine CDE-163BT features variable color display and button illumination. You can choose from one of 30 preset colors or customize your own color (RGB; 0-60). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-60) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The same color setting is applied to both the display and buttons.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Clock Display: The head unit displays a 12- or 24-hour clock. The clock can be set to remain on even after head unit is switched off, as long as the vehicle's key is in the accessory or start position.
Stay On Mode: You can set the delay in turning off the head unit's power after the vehicle's ignition is turned off. When you select a source mode, other than Off, the music will be paused after you turn the ignition key off. At the same time, the prompt "Press Preset 6 to Stay On" will scroll once. Press Preset 6 within 15 seconds to continue to listen to your music for the select period of time (off/5/15/30 min). If Preset 6 is not pressed, the unit will power off within 15 seconds. During this period, you can only receive a call by operating your paired smartphone.
Note: There is a possibility that the battery may be drained if already week during Stay On Mode.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-163BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
The Alpine CDE-163BT replaces these items
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Alpine TuneIt App Ver. 2.0 compatible for extensive sound adjustments
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
14 questions already asked