About the Alpine CDE-9852
Alpine's CDE-9852 CD player brings on the entertainment. First off, it can play your digital music files in either MP3 or WMA format. With Alpine's optional iPod interface cable, you can connect and control your iPod directly from the CDE-9852. Organize and browse through your tunes on the fly with the QuickSearch button, while the large display on the flip-down face shows off all of your track information.
Use the onboard Bass Engine controls to adjust the sound right from the driver's seat, while the built-in amp provides plenty of power to drive your speakers. If you have a larger system in mind, the CDE-9852's preamp outputs ease the job of connecting an external amp or powered sub. The rotary encoder knob makes adjusting your system a snap.
- CD player with built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- flip-down, detachable face
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files)
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- one set of preamp outputs (switchable to subwoofer mode with bass level control)
- Source Tone Memory
- controls for iPod with Full Speed controls (requires Alpine's interface cable, $29.99)
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDE-9852
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA receiver
- Wiring harness
- Trim ring
- Hard plastic face case
- 4 Countersunk ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's Manual
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDE-9852 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDE-9852
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||White on blk|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
iPod Full Speed: The CDE-9852 has an iPod Direct Connection mounted on a 6" pigtail on the rear panel. When used with the optional KCE-422i Alpine Full Speed Connection cable (500KCE422i), your receiver can interface with any Apple iPod with a dock connector. You can quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod through Playlist, Artist, or Album searches. You can view Artist, Album, Song Information and Song Number right on the head unit's display. The unit can be used with the following iPod versions:
- Third generation iPod: Ver.2.3 or later
- Fourth generation iPod: Ver.3.0.2 or later
- iPod photo: Ver.1.0 or later
- iPod mini: Ver.1.3 or later
- iPod nano: Ver.1.0 or later
- iPod video
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3/WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with constant and variable bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps and WMA files with constant and variable bit rates from 48 kbps to 192 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with discs containing up to 510 files/folders, with a maximum of 255 folders. ID3 tags v1 and v2, and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you're playing a disc with CD Text, MP3 or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track or file by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track, and select it by pressing the Search button.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Control:
- Bass Center Frequency: Select from 60Hz, 80Hz (default), 100Hz, or 120Hz
- Bass Band Width: Select from 1 (narrow) to 4 (wide)
- Bass Level: Select from -7 to +10 (-14dB to +20dB in 2dB steps)
- Treble Control:
- Treble Center Frequency: Select from 7.5kHz, 10kHz (default), 12.5kHz or 15kHz
- Treble Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Defeat On/Off: You can reset the unit to its factory default bass and treble settings by turning the Defeat function on.
Switchable Preout: The preamp outputs can be switched from front channel outputs to a non-fading subwoofer preamp output with a variable level of 0 to +15. When the subwoofer is activated in the Setup menu, the preout is switched at the same time. When the subwoofer is deactivated, the preout is switched back to a front channel output.
Power IC Off: When an external amplifier is connected and the built-in amplifier is not used, removing power from the built-in amplifier will improve the sound quality.
Wireless Remote Ready: The CDE-9852 can be controlled with an optional wireless remote control, such as the RUE-4202 (500RUE4202). The unit has a remote control sensor on the upper right corner of the faceplate.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.