About the Alpine CDE-9881
Upgrade your mobile audio experience with the CDE-9881 CD receiver from Alpine. It plays all of your CDs, even discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files, and delivers in the style department too. The striking Alpine design includes a detachable flip-down faceplate, blue button illumination, and a 2-line, dot matrix display that really shows off your song titles.
Building a system? You can connect your external amplifiers to the three sets of preamp outputs, then control the audio performance with Bass Engine® sound shaping, which even lets you manage your subwoofer system from the driver's seat. Once your sub is hooked up, you can maximize system performance by using the built-in high-pass filters to remove low bass from your speakers.
Hook up your iPod® using Alpine's optional interface cable, and you'll be able to access and control your music collection with the stereo's controls. Alpine's unique Percentage Search feature lets you jump through your playlist quickly, so you can find the song you want without a lot of fuss.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (except Digital Rights-protected files)
- fold-down, detachable face
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- high-pass filter
- full speed iPod controls (requires Alpine's interface cable, $29.99) with percentage search each of the six radio preset buttons jumps over a designated percentage (0, 17, 33, 50, 67, or 83 percent) of your playlist
- three sets of preamp outputs (subwoofer output has bass level control)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA/AAC receiver
- Wiring harness
- Trim ring
- Hard plastic face case
- 4 Countersunk ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDE-9881 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDE-9881
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association. All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3, WMA, or AAC files formatted with ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2, using Joliet, Romeo, or other ISO 9660 compliant formats. Discs containing both standard CD audio and MP3/WMA/AAC data can be played; the unit may be set to play only the CD audio tracks or both types of tracks. ID3 tag v1 and v2, and WMA tag are supported; track title, artist name and album name data can be displayed. The following sampling rates and bit rates (constant and variable) are supported:
- Sampling rates: 48, 44.1, 32, 24, 22.05, 16, 12, 11.025, and 8 kHz
- Bit rates: 8-320 kbps
- Sampling rates: 48, 44.1, and 32 kHz
- Bit rates: 48-192 kbps
- Sampling rates: 48, 44.1, 32, 24, 22.05, 16, 12, 11.025, and 8 kHz
- Bit rates: 16-320 kbps
Text/File/Folder/Playlist/Artist/etc Search: When you're playing a disc with CD Text, ID3 tags, WMA tags, or playing a connected iPod, you can easily search for a track, file, folder, playlist, album, artist, etc by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the volume control to quickly scan through the titles.
Sound: The Sound Setting functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes:
- Bass Control:
- Bass Center Frequency: 60Hz, 80Hz (default), 100Hz, or 200Hz
- Bass Band Width: 1 (narrow) to 4 (wide)
- Bass Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Treble Control:
- Treble Center Frequency: 10kHz (default), 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz
- Treble Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- High Pass Filter (HPF): speaker level and preamp (front and rear) outputs have a selectable crossover (HPF); off (default), 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz
- Loudness: on/off
- Defeat On/Off: reset the unit to its factory default bass, treble, loudness, and HPF settings by turning on the Defeat function
Subwoofer Pre-out: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, the CDE-9881 has a dedicated subwoofer output with a variable level of 0 to +15.
Interrupt Feature: When a device having the interrupt feature (such as a cellular telephone) is connected to the receiver, the audio signal will be automatically muted whenever the interrupt signal is received from that device. The supplied wiring harness contains a pink/black Interrupt lead that needs to be connected to the device's interrupt signal connection.
Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead. When the unit's dimmer mode has been set to Auto and the illumination lead has been connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the button illumination is dim at all times.
Angle Mounting: Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-9881 no more that 35° above horizontal.
Power IC Off: When an external amplifier is powering all the speakers in the system, you can turn the internal amp off, which will improve the sound quality.
Wireless Remote Ready: A wireless remote control can be added to control the CDE-9881. Both the RUE-4202 (item number 500RUE4202) and RUE-4190 (item number 500RUE4190) remotes are compatible. The remote control sensor is on the upper right corner of the faceplate.
iPod Full Speed: The CDE-9881 has an iPod Direct Connection mounted on a 4" pigtail on the rear panel. When used with the optional KCE-422i Alpine Full Speed Connection cable (item number 500KCE422i), your receiver can interface with Apple iPods with a dock connector, fourth generation and newer. You can quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod through Playlist, Artist, or Album searches. You can view Artist, Album, Song Information and Song Number right on the head unit's display.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.