About the Alpine CDM-7874
The CDM-7874 CD receiver combines top-notch sound with system expandability in one attractive package. A mainstay of recording studios worldwide, BBE® processing brings clarity and punch to your music with its unique style of sonic enhancement.
Gain access to six times the music when you add an optional Alpine CHM-S630 6-disc CD changer. If you add one to your receiver order, you'll save $$ with our package discount. Or, if you prefer, you can plug in your portable MP3, tape, or digital music player with an inexpensive auxiliary input.
Alpine's Bass Engine® gives you more control over the CDM-7874's tone contour with adjustments for bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level. Use it with optional Alpine Bass Engine component amps and subwoofers to really rock your ride!Details:
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- MOSFET50 internal amp
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- BBE processing
- CD changer controls for the CHM-S630 6-disc changer (will control the CHA-S634 6-disc changer with optional M-Bus/Ai-Net cable) add an Alpine M-Bus changer to your receiver order, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount
- optional auxiliary input
- front and selectable rear/non-fading preamp outputs
- source tone memory
- 20 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter/fuse holder with an installed 15A fuse
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDM-7874 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDM-7874
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Audio Level Display: You may choose from two audio signal level display patterns, or the audio signal level display may be turned off.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
BBE Processor: The BBE processor installed in this unit is designed to correct the phase distortion inherent in most loudspeaker designs. Ensuring the phase integrity of the signal driving the speakers improves the accurate reproduction of the sound. The BBE processor can be turned on or off.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCM-122B M-Bus/RCA interface cable, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCM-122B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6-disc Alpine M-Bus CD changers. Using the optional M-Bus/Ai-NET compatible cable (KCA-130B), this unit can control the CHA-S634 Ai-NET 6-disc CD changer.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.