About the Alpine CDM-9801
From the rotary volume control to 21 watts of 4-way high power, you get tried-and-true Alpine reliability from the CDM-9801 CD receiver. Bring your road mixes, because Alpine's digital servo CD drive plays your homemade CD-Rs and CD-RWs flawlessly. The sensitive MaxTune tuner pulls in your favorite radio stations with ease.
Use the Bass Engine® to modify the tone contour set the bass and treble center frequencies and levels, then customize these tone settings for CD and radio with the source tone memory feature. Expand your listening choices by adding the CHM-S630 Alpine CD changer.Details:
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- source tone memory
- CD changer controls for the CHM-S630 6-disc changer (will control the CHA-S634 6-disc changer with optional M-Bus/Ai-Net cable)
- optional auxiliary input
- preamp outputs
- MOSFET internal amp
- 21 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has in-line fuse holder with 15A fuse)
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDM-9801
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||21 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Bass Type: You may choose from the following Bass Type settings: Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3. Type 1 will sound best if you have a subwoofer in your system. Use Type 2 or Type 3 if you are using small diameter speakers.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCM-122B M-Bus/RCA interface cable, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCM-122B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6-disc Alpine M-Bus CD changers. Using the optional M-Bus/Ai-NET compatible cable (KCA-130B), this unit can control the CHA-S634 Ai-NET 6-disc CD changer.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
The Alpine CDM-9801 replaces these items