About the Alpine CDM-9821
Rock your ride with four channels of built-in MOSFET high power from Alpine's CDM-9821 CD receiver! The Bass Engine® feature lets you choose which bass and treble frequencies get adjusted (and how wide or narrow the bass adjustment is), so you get a more effective match to your vehicle's acoustics.
CD-R and CD-RW discs are no problem for this classy deck it plays your mixes flawlessly. The sensitive MaxTune radio tuner pulls in your favorite AM and FM stations like a champ. Add an Alpine 6-disc CD changer, and your road trips will fly by. You can add extra bass to your car by connecting an amplifier/subwoofer combo to the CDM-9821's preamp outputs.
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- CD changer controls for the CHM-S630 6-disc changer (will control the CHA-S634 6-disc changer with optional M-Bus/Ai-Net cable)
- optional auxiliary input
- source tone memory
- preamp outputs
- MOSFET internal amp
- 16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels (CEA-2006 Compliant)
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDM-9821
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line fuse/fuse holder
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDM-9821 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine CDM-9821
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Bass Type: You may choose from the following Bass Type settings: Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3. Type 1 will sound best if you have a subwoofer in your system. Use Type 2 or Type 3 if you are using small diameter speakers.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
Rear/Subwoofer Preouts: This unit has one set of rear/subwoofer outputs. When set to "subwoofer", the level of the outputs can be adjusted.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCM-122B M-Bus/RCA interface cable, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCM-122B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6-disc Alpine M-Bus CD changers. Using the optional M-Bus/Ai-NET compatible cable (KCA-130B), this unit can control the CHA-S634 Ai-NET 6-disc CD changer.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.