About the Alpine DVA-7996
Play your DVD videos, audio discs, and MP3s on the road in style with the DVA-7996 CD receiver. As an in-dash receiver, the DVA-7996 will amaze you with its versatility and pristine sound quality. It's the first in-dash DVD/CD player with MP3 decoding, and it'll decode MP3 text info (ID-3 tags) so you can find tunes on a disc easily.
This feature-packed receiver also shines as the centerpiece of a mobile multimedia system, with three sets of preamp outputs for component amps (required this receiver has no internal amp) and subs, Dolby Digital and DTS outputs for optional decoder, an optical digital output, and audio/video outputs for a video monitor. In addition, dual-zone audio control lets you listen to a non-disc source up front while your back-seat passengers enjoy a DVD movie.
Media Xpander enhances the musical sparkle of CDs, MP3s, FM stereo, optional XM Satellite Radio any source that has been compressed or transmitted. Three discrete settings per source plus "off" give you lots of sonic choices.
Bass Engine® Plus isn't just about bass you'll be amazed how it can reshape the entire sound contour. Here's what you can do:
- choose a bass center frequency for adjustment
- alter the bass width (Q-slope)
- set the phase and output level of your subwoofers
- choose a treble center frequency for adjustment
- split the full-range signal into low and high frequencies with the crossover
- use digital time correction to time-align your 4 full-range speakers for pinpoint imaging.
A special multi-function remote combines control of Alpine audio, DVD, video monitor, and other components in one convenient accessory.
- motorized, detachable face
- plays DVD videos, CDs, MP3s on disc, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- MaxTune SQ tuner
- XM Satellite Radio controls (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal.) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- Dolby Digital and DTS outputs for decoder
- optical digital output
- dual-zone audio
- Bass Engine Plus (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments, as well as 4-channel digital time correction and a 3-position, 12 dB/octave crossover)
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- optional auxiliary input
- front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- multi-function wireless remote
- requires external amplifiers no built-in amp
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 115 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # DVA-7996
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/DVD/Video CD/Audio CD/Changer controller receiver with attached DC/DC converter
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter and fuse/fuse holder
- RUE-4190 Wireless remote
- 1 Plastic remote control holder
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 1 Self-adhesive foam pad (for mounting the remote control holder)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (for mounting the remote control holder)
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Face security screw
- 19.5' RCA composite video patch cord
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
- 2 Manual correction sheets
- DTS 2-channel audio decoder note
- 4 RUE-4190 TV/Monitor Mode Control self-adhesive labels
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine DVA-7996
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||---|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4V/5V volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Preamp Tuner/DVD Player: Since this unit does not have a built-in amplifier, 5V front/rear and 4V subwoofer preamp outputs are provided to connect the required external amplifiers (sold separately).
Motorized Detachable Faceplate: The detachable faceplate is motorized for convenient access to the disc slot.
Selectable Faceplate Angle: In addition to the standard faceplate position, there are three preset faceplate angles for you to choose from.
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Contrast: You can adjust the display contrast from -6 to +6 for optimum readability.
Display Dimming: This unit is equipped with an illumination dimmer lead. When the unit's dimmer mode has been set to "AUTO" and the illumination lead has been connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display's illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the "MANUAL" dimmer mode setting, so the display is dim at all times.
Audio Level Display: You may choose from three audio signal level display patterns, or the audio signal level display may be turned off.
Bass Engine Plus: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine Plus includes the following functions:
- 4-Channel Digital Time Correction: The time correction feature allows you to create virtual speaker positions by delaying the signals being sent to the speakers closest to you. When the correct delay times have been entered for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left speakers, all sounds reach your ears at the same time, providing optimized imaging and frequency response.
- 3-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover: An 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz low pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and an 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz high pass filter is available for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left preamp outputs. Either, or both, filters may be turned off.
- MX (MediaXpander): The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each of the following internal sources: CD, FM, and MP3/XM). There are two expansion modes for DVD/Video CD and one expansion mode for external sources.
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 130Hz, 150Hz, or 180Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
- Subwoofer Phase Selector: The phase of the subwoofer outputs may be set to normal (0 degrees) or reverse (180 degrees); this function allows you to minimize phase cancellation of bass frequencies, for stronger bass response.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3 files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats; constant and variable bit rates from 32 kbps to 320 kbps are supported. Discs recorded using Joliet or other ISSO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names will not be displayed correctly. CD-ROM XA, Mixed Mode CD, Enhanced CD (CD-Extra) and multi-session recordings are supported, but recordings made using Track At Once or packet writing cannot be correctly played back. Discs containing both standard CD audio and MP3 data can be played; the unit may be set to play only the CD audio tracks or both types of tracks. ID3 tag v1 is supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 24 radio stations and 18 discs (DVD, Video CD, CD); titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Wireless Remote: A wireless remote is included for convenient control of the head unit's most used functions (source selection, volume, disc transport functions, station seek and preset tuning, display angle selection).
XM Radio Ready: An optional XM Satellite Radio tuner may be connected to, and controlled by, this unit. The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, will allow you to receive XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
DVD Functions: This unit allows you to perform the following DVD/Video CD functions: chapter search, track search, 2-speed scan play (forward and reverse), 2-speed slow motion play (forward only), pause, and frame advance.
Dolby Digital and DTS Compatibility: When the optical digital output (standard Toslink) on the rear of the head unit is connected to an optional Alpine digital audio processor, you can enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS surround.
Selectable NTSC/PAL Configuration: This unit allows you to switch the video output configuration to NTSC or PAL according to the type of monitor and the disc recording method.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Slow Motion Playback: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you may move forward through the program being played in one of the following slow motion speeds: 1/2 or 1/8. Slow motion playback is not possible in the reverse direction.
Repeat Playback: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current title or the current chapter. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track or the entire disc.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Downsampling: You can select a downsampling setting of On or Off. When set to On, 96kHz/24-bit, 96kHz/20-bit, 96kHz/16-bit, 48kHz/24-bit, and 48kHz/20-bit signals are converted to 48kHz/16-bit before being passed through the optical digital output. When set to Off, the digital signals are not converted and they are not passed through the optical digital output.
Digital Output: You can select a digital output setting of Auto or LPCM. When set to Auto, the digital output is switched automatically according to the type of audio signals being played. When set to LPCM, the audio signals recorded on the disc are converted to 48kHz/16-bit (for DVDs) or 44.1kHz (for Video CDs and CDs) linear PCM audio signals for output.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6 and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.