About the Alpine DVR-C320R
Alpine's two-camera system with driver assistance
Alpine's two-camera system with driver assistance
Alpine's DVR-C320R provides deluxe in-car video coverage with a two camera monitoring system, driver assistance features, and built-in Wi-Fi, all designed to operate with select Alpine touchscreen radios. The dash cam keeps an eye on the road ahead to give you an audible Forward Collision warning if you approach a car too rapidly, a Lane Departure warning if you veer from your lane, and a Stop & Go alert if you're stopped and traffic ahead starts moving. And the built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event.
Enhanced features like built-in GPS
Thanks to built-in GPS, the DVR-C320R geo-tags your HD video files with essential metadata for a more accurate representation of recorded events. With a wireless connection to your smartphone via Wi-Fi, you can easily access and sharing your video files. The camera also comes with a 32GB SD card for storage.
You can use this system's second camera to record the interior of your vehicle or serve as a rear-view cam. Check out the views from your dash cam and interior rear-view cam on the on your Wi-Fi-connected smartphone, using Alpine's free app.
Integration with select Alpine stereos
With a connection to a compatible Alpine car stereo, you'll see and control your dash cam recordings as well as driver assistance features on your touchscreen display. See Details for a list of these compatible receivers.
- Featured in our article: Best dash cams for 2023
- Wide Dynamic Range HD dash cam/portable digital video recorder and interior rear-view camera
- designed to work with select Alpine touchscreen radios (see "Details" for more information)
- also includes 32GB SD card, mounting bracket, and vehicle power cable
- night vision
- built-in GPS for geo-tagging video
- 140° wide-angle view
- driver assistance features include forward collision, lane departure, and stop & go alerts
- also includes 32GB microSD card and vehicle power cable
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices
- dash cam records video files up to 1080p
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DVR-C320R
What's in the box:
Alpine DVR-C320R owner's manual
- Dash camera (attached 39" cable)
- Rear camera
- 32GB microSD card (pre-installed)
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- 12-Volt power adapter (attached 10' cable)
- 12' Wiring harness
- 8' microUSB-to-2.5mm cable
- 19.5' Extension cable (female 2.5mm jack on one and and a male 2.5mm connector on other end)
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Quick Reference Guide
- "Alpine Mobile View App" note
- Warranty Information
- Online Registration Information
Alpine DVR-C320R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Alpine DVR-C320R
Dual-Camera DVR System: The Alpine DVR-C320R is dual camera system that is compatible with select Alpine in-dash digital multimedia receivers. The DVR-C320R includes a dash-camera with built-in DVR functions and comes with an interior rear camera, so you can view and record what is going on in front of the vehicle, as well as inside or behind the vehicle.
- Front Dash Camera w/ DVR: The front dash cam lets you view a live video feed from the front or rear camera on your connected compatible Alpine in-dash receiver, as well as record video from the front or rear camera on the dash cam's built-in DVR for playback later.
- Rear Interior Camera: The DVR-C320 also includes a secondary camera for an additional recording device anywhere in the vehicle. Use the secondary camera to monitor activity inside the cabin or point it towards the rear of the vehicle on the back windshield for rear-video footage.
Note: The included rear camera is designed to mount inside the vehicle. It is not meant to be used as a backup camera that mounts on the outside of the vehicle.
Alpine Receiver Compatibility: By connecting the DVR-C320R to your compatible Alpine head unit, you'll get a view of the cameras' recordings on the screen of the Alpine radio, plus access to select controls and drive-assist features on the touchscreen of the Alpine receiver. The DVR-C320R dual-camera system is compatible with the following Alpine in-dash digital multimedia receivers (as of 3/15/2022).
- iLX-207 (*when iDatalink Maestro is not in use)
- X308U (*when iDatalink Maestro is not in use)
- INE-W970HD (*when iDatalink Maestro is not in use)
- The DVR-C320R is not compatible with other model Alpine receivers and does support other brands of in-dash receivers.
- The DVR-C320R cannot be used with Alpine's multi-camera selector interface and adapters.
HD Video: The front dash camera is equipped with a 2.1MP (megapixel) CMOS image sensor, while the rear interior camera features a 2.1MP (megapixel) CCD image sensor. The front dash cam and rear camera will capture 1080p (1920 x 1080) @ 30fps video images. The dash cam has 144 degree viewing angle, while the rear camera has a 160 degree viewing angle.
- WDR (Wide Dynamic Range): The front dash cam also supports WDR (Wide Dynamic Range Video). WDR technology automatically adjusts the exposure and white balance for a clear recording during sudden lightening changes and night vision allows you to capture footage when it’s dark.
- Super Night Vision: With the Super Night Vision feature, you can record videos that are much brighter than videos recorded
without this feature. This feature is enabled by real-time image signal processing (ISP) to improve the brightness of recorded videos.
Note: Still photo images are not supported and not recorded.
Built-In Mic & Speaker: The front dash camera features a built-in microphone to capture and record audio inside the cabin of the vehicle. The front dash camera's built-in speaker provides audible alarms and alerts.
Note: The rear interior camera does not feature a built-in a microphone or speaker.
DVR w/ GPS: The front dash cam features a built-in DVR that records up to full HD 1080p @ 30 fps with a wide viewing angle from either the front or rear camera, allowing you to capture accident footage and license plate capture. Video is recorded in MP4 (H.265) format to the included 32GB microSD memory card (pre-installed); you can use up to a 128GB microSD card. Built-in GPS is used to include the location data in the recorded videos. The unit offers Continuous Recording, Manual Recording, and Parking Mode.
- Continuous Recording: While driving, videos are recorded in 1 minute segments. In addition, when an impact to the vehicle is detected, a video is recorded for 20 seconds.
- Manual Recording: You can manually record a scene you want to capture while driving and store it as a separate file. Simply the record button on the front dash cam. The unit will record for 1 minute.
- Parking Mode: When a moving object or impact is detected while parked, the unit will record for up to 20 seconds. You can choose to have unit monitor and record a moving object, impact, both, or neither. You can also choose between Time Lapse or Record Timer mode when parked.
- Time Lapse: When an impact is detected in Parking Mode, a video is recorded for 100 seconds at a rate of 2 fps (from the moment 50 seconds before detection to 50 seconds after detection) and stored after being compressed into a 20-second long file.
- Record Timer: You can active a record timer feature in Park Mode that will record a video for a preset time (3, 6, 12, 24, 48, or 72 hours).
- To use Parking Mode, you must hardwire the unit's power and ground to your vehicle. If continuous power is not supplied to the unit, the it will stop recording when the vehicle engine is turned off. Parking Mode is not supported by the plug-in 12-volt power adapter.
- The vehicle's battery will not be charged while the vehicle is parked. If you record in parking mode for an extended period, the vehicle’s battery may be depleted and you may not be able to start the vehicle.
Built-In Safety Features: Built-in safety features allow you to keep your hands and the wheel and eyes on the road with visual alerts displayed on your compatible in-dash Alpine receiver's screen and audible alerts heard through your vehicle's speaker system. Built-in safety features include a Front Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, and Front Car Movement Warning.
- Front Collision Warning: The DVR-C320R includes a front collision warning that alerts you when you're near the vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Departure Warning: Lane departure warnings alert you when you veer too far from the lane.
- Front Car Movement Warning: A front car movement warning alerts you when you're stopped in traffic and the car in front of you has started to move again.
Viewing Images: Live video and recorded video can be viewed back on your compatible Alpine receiver and on your smartphone or tablet device using the the Alpine Recording View App (for Apple iOS and Android OS). You can also view recorded video (not live video) on your home computer using Alpines PC viewer software program.
- Compatible Alpine Receiver: Live video and recorded video images can be viewed on your compatible Alpine receiver's touchscreen monitor. You can control playback functions and configure video settings through your Alpine receiver.
- Alpine Recording Viewer App: Footage captured by the DVR-C320R can be viewed on your smartphone with the free Alpine Recording viewer app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+). Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device will connect to the DVR-C320R via WiFi. You'll be able to view real-time recording around your vehicle with Live View or review past recordings with the File List option. The app also lets you configure settings of the DVR-C320R - such as camera settings, memory card settings, recording function settings, and system settings.
- PC Viewer: Insert the DVR-C320R's microSD memory card into your laptop or desktop computer to view and manage the recorded videos and configure various product features through Alpine's PC view software for Windows (7 or later) and Mac (OSX X 10.8 or later). Your compatible Windows or Mac computer must have a Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 4GB or more of memory, and use Microsoft Explorer (7.0+) or DirectX 9.0+).
Mounting Options: The DVR-C320R offers simple mounting solution for the front dash cam and rear interior camera. The dash and rear camera come with a self-adhesive tape that can attach them directly to the inside of the windshield for a factory fit and finish with minimal obstruction on the front or rear windshield. Once the front dash cam and rear interior camera are mounted, you can adjust the vertical angle (up or down) of the cameras for better visibility and viewing image.
- Dash Camera: Select an installation location that can record the entire view in front of the vehicle without obstructing the driver’s vision. Ensure that the front camera lens is located in around the center of the windshield. Keep it as far away as possible from other antennas.
- Rear Camera: Select a location on the rear windshield where there is no defrost grid wire and the camera can record the entire rear view
- The rear camera is meant to be installed inside the vehicle. It is not meant to be a backup camera that is mounted outside the vehicle.
- The rear camera has a sticker on it labeled "TOP". Make sure the rear camera is mounted with this label facing up or the rear view image will be upside down.
Power Requirements: The Alpine DVR-C320R can receive power through your compatible Alpine receiver using the included wiring harness. Power can also be supplied to the DVR-C320R through your vehicle's 12-volt power port using the included 12-volt power adapter.
Note: To protect your vehicle's battery, you can set the DVR-C320R to automatically turn off if your vehicle's battery drops between 11.6 to 12.3 volts. You can select which months to apply the battery protection feature.
16 questions already asked
Install and setup was pretty simple. Camera quality is very good. Tucks away great behInd the rear view mirror.
Rich from Jarrell, TX