About the Alpine HCE-C1100
A spectacular picture
A spectacular picture
Alpine adds High Dynamic Resolution to the HCE-C1100 rear-view cam to give you their best picture yet. With HDR, you'll see more detail whether you're backing up in a bright parking lot at noon or a dark parking garage at midnight.
So small you'll hardly notice it
Measuring about one cubic inch, this ice-cube sized camera pairs stealthily with Alpine's low-key KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit to give you a 131º horizontal viewing angle on the world behind you. With a view this expansive and clear, you'll dare to parallel park in spaces most people would avoid.
This camera is compatible with any in-dash receiver or front-mount screen with a composite video input.
- NTSC rear-view camera with standard RCA and direct connectivity
- High Dynamic Range for improved exposure adjustment
- automatic white balance adjustment
- CMOS image sensor
- high low-light performance
- fits Alpine KTX-C10LP license plate camera mounting kit
- 131° horizontal viewing angle
- camera dimensions: 0.929"W x 0.929"H x 0.944"D
- black-box dimensions: 1.5"W x 0.59"H x 0.94"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C1100
What's in the box:
- Rear-view camera (with attached 20" cable terminated by a 4-pin connector)
- 23' Power/Ground/Signal harness (w/ 4-pin connector on one end and 6-pin connector on other end)
- 9.5' Power/Ground/Signal harness (w/ a 6-pin connector on one end and a male composite video RCA connector on other end along with power/ground signal wire)
- 2-Piece mounting bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Rubber sleeve
- Rubber wedge
- 3M tape
- 5 Wire-ties
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
More details on the Alpine HCE-C1100
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||1.5 lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||131 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||103 deg|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Rearview Camera: Alpine's all new HDR backup camera (HCE-C1100) offers makes maneuvering your vehicle in reverse easier and safer. A rearview camera is a great way to improve your parking skills and make backing up safer.
- Weatherproof housing
- 1/3.7" color CMOS image sensor with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- 640 x 480 (307,200) effective pixels
- 131° horizontal viewing angle, 103° vertical viewing angle
- Illumination Range of 1.5 lx to 100,000 lx
- F=1.34 focal length
- F=1:2.0 brightness
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
CMOS Images Sensor & Wide-Angle Lens: The Alpine HCE-C1100 is equipped with a 1/3.7" CMOS image sensor with an effective resolution of 640 x 480 (307,200 total pixels). The image sensor offers automatic metering and automatic white balance adjustment for high-quality rearview images. The rearview camera's wide-angle lens has a focal length of f=1.34mm and brightness of f=1:2:0, with a 131° (h) x 103° (v) field of view.
Note: Because this is a wide-angle lens, there is a difference in distance perspective between what is normally seen behind the vehicle and what appears on the screen of your in-dash receiver.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): Thanks to HDR technology, the picture quality is much better compared to regular camera systems, for even better visibility behind your vehicle when backing up, with a high-resolution and high-detail camera image. The HCE-C1100 offers incredible image quality in varying levels of light with a wide illumination range (1.5 to 100,000 Lux). HDR (High Dynamic Range) and automatic fast exposure adjustment eliminates image wash-out common when going from areas of heavy shade into areas with bright sunlight (for example underground parking, tunnels, etc).
Compatibility: The HCE-C1100 rearview camera can be used with Alpine multimedia & navigation receivers which feature a proprietary multi-pin camera input, as well as Alpine & other brands of receivers with a composite video camera input.
- Proprietary Harness: If you are connecting an Alpine receiver with a proprietary camera input, then use the included 23' harness with proprietary multi-pin connectors on each end (you will not use the composite video harness).
- Composite Video Harness: If you are connecting an Alpine or other brand of receiver with a composite video jack, you will use both the 23' proprietary harness and the 9.5' composite video harness. This type of installation will also require you to hardwire power & ground.
Weatherproof Housing: The Alpine HCE-C1100 employs a weatherproof (IP67) housing to protect the backup camera from the outdoor elements.
Surface Mount Bracket: The included mounting bracket allows you can be install the backup camera on the rear bumper or by the license plate of your SUV, truck, van, or car. The mounting bracket attaches to the camera with four included machine screws. The mounting bracket also has an adhesive backing, along with four included self-tapping screws to secure the camera to your vehicle. Once mounted, you can adjust and tilt the mounting bracket up or down for the best camera angle and view.
Note: The HCE-C1100 is also compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP rearview camera license plate mounting kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately).
Optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface: The optional Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC250, sold separately) allows as many as three camera systems (Front, Rear, & Side) to be connected to and controlled from select Alpine in-dash navigation receivers.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked