About the Alpine HCE-C210RD
Alpine's HCE-C210RD rear-view camera gives you multiple wide-angle views of what's behind you for safer maneuvering in tight places. The camera works well in low-light situations and offers a 186° horizontal viewing angle. The Automatic Imaging function automatically adjusts the picture for maximum intelligibility in different lighting conditions. You'll get a bright, wide look at what's behind your vehicle, day or night.
The package includes a 10-meter cable with a proprietary Alpine "direct camera" connector that hooks up to select Alpine DVD or navigation receivers with that type of input. Once connected, you can select from four different views: standard, panorama, ground view, and split left/right view. You can pair it with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit, for a handy and stealthy installation solution.
What's in the box:
- Rear view camera (with attached 40" cable terminated by 6-pin plug)
- 32.5' Power/signal cable (6-pin connectors on each end)
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws (with a lock- / flat-washer attached)
- 5 Cable clamps
- Rubber wedge
- 3M Two-sided tape
- 2 Sections of Velcro
- Hex key
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration info
Alpine HCE-C210RD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-C210RD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear view|
|Resolution||1280 x 960|
|Lux Rating||2.0 Lux (min)|
|Selectable Views||Rear, Corner, Pana,Ground|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||186 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||144 deg|
Overview: The Alpine HCE-C210RD multi-view camera directly connects to your Alpine Mobile Multimedia/Navigation head unit to give you multiple views of the area directly behind your vehicle. This small camera should be installed on the rear bumper by the license plate of your SUV, truck, or car. It is compatible only with those Alpine head units with a dedicated Alpine camera input. It does not include a hideaway box, as some multi-view cameras require. The package consists of the multi-view camera in a waterproof housing, adjustable mounting bracket, and necessary cable and hardware for installation.
Head Unit Compatibility: The HCE-C210RD is compatible only with the following Alpine Mobile Multimedia/Navigation head units (as of 9/12/12).
Multi-View Camera: The multi-view camera gives you a wide 186° horizontal angle view of the area immediately behind your vehicle. It is designed to give you high visibility in daylight or at night. The clear, color images appear on the LCD screen of your compatible Alpine Mobile Multimedia/Navigation head unit to help you see obstructions behind the vehicle as you back into a parking spot, or to keep an eye on cargo you may be towing. The image provided by the camera is a mirror image, so they appear the same in the monitor as what is seen in your rear-view mirror. Other features of the camera include:
- Weatherproof housing
- 1/3.8" color CMOS image sensor with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- 1280 x 960 (1,230,000) effective pixels
- 186° horizontal viewing angle & 144° vertical viewing angle
- Illumination Range of 2.0 lx or more (50 IRE more)
- 0.89mm focal length
- F = 2.8 brightness
Multiple Views: This multi-view camera will show you the obstacles around the rear of the vehicle from different angles to assist you with parking, backing up, and to even connect a trailer.
- Rear View: Displays an image of the area directly behind the vehicle. Use this when backing into a parking space.
- Corner View: Displays a divided image left and right of center. Use this when checking the left and right area directly behind your vehicle
- Panorama View: Display a general perspective of what is behind the car. Use this when you want to check mainly behind the vehicle.
- Ground View: Displays an image from above down to the lower section for the vehicle. Use this when determining the vehicle's position in relation to the curb, a trailer hitch, etc..
Mounting: The multi-view camera comes supplied with a bracket designed to mount to the rear of your vehicle. The mounting bracket comes supplied with a self-adhesive pad and 4 mounting screws. The bracket allows you to adjust the camera angle up or down. The camera comes with a long cable to run the power and signal from the head unit to the camera. The HCE-C210RD also comes supplied with 5 self-adhesive cable clips for wire management.
Optional License Plate Mounting Kit (sold separately): The optional Alpine KTX-C10LP Rearview Camera License Plate Mounting Kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately) allows you to mount the mulit-view camera on your vehicle's license plate.
- Width = 0.9375"
- Height = 0.9375"
- Depth = 1.25"
- Width = 1.625"
- Height = 1.1875"
- Depth = 0.8125"
1 question already asked