About the Alpine HCE-C212F
Alpine's HCE-C212F front-view camera gives you multiple wide-angle views of what's in front of you for safer maneuvering in tight places. The camera works well in low-light situations and offers a 186° horizontal viewing angle. The Automatic Imaging function automatically adjusts the picture for maximum intelligibility in different lighting conditions. You'll get a bright, wide look at what's in front of your vehicle, day or night.
The package includes RCA extension cables, so this camera will work with almost any receiver with composite video inputs. Once connected, you can use the dash-mount switch to select from three different views: panorama, ground view, and split left/right view. The camera comes with its own mounting bracket, but you can pair it with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit, for a handy and stealthy installation solution. Warranty: 1 year.
Note: A rear-view camera provides an additional view when reversing your vehicle. It is intended to be used in conjuction with your rear- and side-view mirrors to give a fuller picture of what's behind you. It is not intended as a replacement for your mirrors.
What's in the box:
- Front view camera (with attached 40" harness terminated by a 6-pin Molex plug)
- Hide-away box (with attached 6.5' power/ground/reverse output leads + 20' reverse input lead)
- Mode switch (with attached 8.75' cable terminated by a 3-pin connector)
- 13' Connector cable (with a 6-pin connector on each end)
- 6.5' Composite video cable
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws (with a lock- / flat-washer attached)
- 8 Cable clamps
- Rubber wedge
- 2 Sections of velcro
- Two-sided 3M tape
- Hex key
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration info
Alpine HCE-C212F reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-C212F
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||2.0 Lux (min)|
|Selectable Views||Panorama, Corner, Ground|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||186 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||144 deg|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Overview: Add the Alpine HCE-C212F front-view camera to your vehicle's in-dash monitor for added safety. This small camera (mounting bracket included) can be installed on the front bumper, by the license plate of your SUV, truck, or car. The high quality color picture is projected right onto your vehicle's in-dash monitor via composite video so you can view what's in front of you, right from the convenience of your dash. The Alpine HCE-C212F consists of a front-view camera, hide-away box, and wired mode switch; as well as necessary cable and hardware for installation. The HCE-C212F can be used in conjunction with the Alpine's multi-view rear camera (500HCEC210, sold separately). Because the HCE-C212F has a standard composite video output (RCA), it can be used with any monitor with a composite video camera input.
Front-View Camera: The front-view camera gives you a wide 186° horizontal angle view of the area around the front of your vehicle. It is designed to give you high visibility in daylight or at night. The clear, color images appear on the LCD screen of your compatible Alpine Mobile Multimedia/Navigation head unit to help you see obstructions in front of the vehicle. The image provided by the camera is a normal image (not mirrored). Other features of the camera include:
- Weatherproof housing
- 1/3.8" color CMOS image sensor with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- 1280 x 960 (1,230,000) effective pixels
- 186° horizontal viewing angle & 144° vertical viewing angle
- Illumination Range of 2.0 lx or more (50 IRE more)
- 0.89mm focal length
- F = 2.8 brightness
Hide-Away Box: The included hide-away box transfers the signal from the included front-view camera and optional rear-view camera (sold separately) to your vehicle's in-dash monitor via composite video. The hide-away box mounts inside the vehicle and consists of the following connections.
- Power/Ground: The hide-away box features a 6.5'" accessory 12-volt & ground lead. The black ground lead attaches to the vehicle's metal chassis, while the 12-volt accessory lead can be wired into your vehicle's reverse light wire so it automatically turns on when you put the vehicle in reverse. There is a 19.5' extension accessory wire supplied.
- Reverse Input/Output: The reverse input lead connects to your vehicle's reverse lamps, while the reverse output lead connects to the the reverse signal wire of your in-dash monitor.
- Front Camera: The hide-away box features a 6-pin connector which connects the supplied 16.5' connector cable between the hide-away box and the front-view camera. This connector cable supplies power and ground to the camera as well as transfers video from the camera to the hide-away box.
- Rear Camera: The hide-away box also features a 6-pin connector which connects the optional Alpine multi-view rear camera (500HCEC210, sold separately).
- Other Camera: Not used.
- Switch: There is a 3-pin connector which connects the supplied mode switch.
- Video Out: The hide-away box features a composite video connector to connect the supplied 16.5' composite video cable between the hide-away box and your in-dash video monitor. This cable supplies the video transferred to the hide-away box to your in-dash monitor.
Multiple Views: This front-view camera will show you the obstacles around the front of the vehicle from different angles to assist you with driving.
- Panorama View: Displays a general perspective of what is ahead of your vehicle. Use this when you want to check mainly ahead of your vehicle.
- Corner View: Displays a divided image left and right of center. Use this mainly when checking left and right directional views.
- Ground View: Displays an image from above down to the the lower section of the vehicle. Use the when to determine the car's position in relation to the curb, etc..
Mode Switch: The external mode switch lets you switch between the included front-view camera and the optional rear-view camera (sold separately). The external mode switch is mounted near the driver seat and its cable connected to the hide-away box.
Mounting: The front-view camera comes supplied with a weather-proof mounting bracket designed to mount to the front of your vehicle. The mounting bracket features a self-adhesive backing as well as comes supplied with mounting screws. The bracket allows you to angle the camera up or down. The hide-away box is designed to mount inside the vehicle and comes supplied with velcro strips and two-sided tape to mount the box to a clean, flat surface of your vehicle. The HCE-C212F also comes supplied with five self-adhesive cable clips for wire management.
Optional License Plate Mounting Kit (sold separately): The optional Alpine KTX-C10LP Rearview Camera License Plate Mounting Kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately) allows you to mount the front view camera on your vehicle's license plate.
- Width = 0.9375"
- Height = 0.9375"
- Depth = 1.25"
- Width = 1.625"
- Height = 1.1875"
- Depth = 0.8125"
- Width = 4.0625"
- Height = 1.0"
- Depth = 3.5"
- Width = 1.125"
- Height = 0.5625"
- Depth = 1.5"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked