About the Alpine HCE-C2100RD4
For use with Alpine receivers and custom Wranglers
For use with Alpine receivers and custom Wranglers
Own a Jeep Wrangler with a Smittybilt XRC bumper and an Alpine touchscreen car stereo in your dash? Alpine's HCE-C2100RD4 backup camera is an essential accessory that provides an excellent, expanded view when you're backing up. With your compatible Alpine receiver, you can choose from four different viewing modes: rear-view, corner, ground, and panorama.
The Alpine super-cam with HDR
High Dynamic Resolution gives you the best picture yet, no matter which of its viewing modes you use. With HDR, you'll see more detail whether you're backing up in a bright parking lot at noon or a dark parking garage at midnight. This camera gives you a 180º horizontal viewing angle on the world behind you, so you won't miss a thing.
One square inch
This tiny camera measures less than one square inch, so it'll fit just about anywhere. The package includes a 32.5-foot cable with a proprietary Alpine plug that allows the camera to connect to a compatible Alpine car stereo.
Front, back, or side cam
Alpine's KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector (not included) lets you use this camera, Alpine's front-view camera, plus two other cameras to display front, rear, and side views of your rig on your Alpine radio's touchscreen.
- backup camera with proprietary Alpine cable for custom Jeep Wranglers
- designed to mount on Smittybilt XRC Armor bumpers
- works with compatible Alpine in-dash multimedia and navigation receivers
- High Dynamic Range for improved exposure adjustment
- mounting hardware and 34-foot power/video cable included
- 1/4" CMOS image sensor
- color video output
- 4 viewing modes:
- corner (split right/left views)
- ground (downward view)
- panorama (larger rear-view perspective)
- illumination range: 1.5 to 100,000 Lux
- 180° horizontal viewing angle
- weather-proof camera housing
- dimensions: 15/16"W x 15/16"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C2100RD4
What's in the box:
- Rear multi-view camera (attached 20" harness terminated by 5-pin harness)
- 32.5' Power/Video harness (with female 5-pin connector on one end and a male 6-pin connector on other end)
- 2-Piece camera mounting bracket
- Bumper bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Rubber sleeve
- Rubber wedge
- 3M tape
- 5 Wire-ties
- Owner's Manual
- Installation Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-C2100RD4
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||1.5 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||70 deg|
|Plug type||Alpine Proprietary|
Compatibility: The Alpine HCE-C2100RD4 rear multview camera is designed to plug directly into an Alpine in-dash multimedia or navigation receiver with a proprietary multi-pin camera input and mount onto a 2007 to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK with a SmittyBilt XRC Gen2 bumper.
- Jeep Wrangler JK: The Alpine HCE-C2100RD4 is designed to directly fit on the SmittyBilt XRC Gen2 rear bumper of your 2007 to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. For easy installation, two mounting holes are located on the front frame mounting plates of the bumper. A mounting bracket is included for direct fit on to your Jeep's compatible SmittyBilt bumper. You can also install the camera underneath your Jeep as a rear-facing application so you can monitor the suspension or rear wheels on your Alpine receiver's touchscreen monitor.
- Alpine Receivers: The HCE-C2100RD4 multi-view backup camera is
compatible solely with Alpine in-dash multimedia and navigation receivers which
are equipped with a proprietary multi-pin camera input. The HCE-C2100RD4 comes
with an extra-long cable to run the power and signal from the camera to your
compatible Alpine receiver. Compatible Alpine receivers include - (as of 10/17/2019)
- INE Series: INE-W987D
- U Series: X108U, X208U, X308U
- WRA Series: X009-WRA, X109-WRA, i209-WRA, i209-WRA-JL
Note: The Alpine KCX-C2600B Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC260, sold separately) allows as many as two cameras (including an Alpine front & rear camera or Alpine front and other brand of rear camera) to be connected to an Alpine receiver with a composite video camera input.
Rugged Housing: The Alpine HCE-C2100RD4 employs a water & dust proof housing (IP68) to protect the multi-view backup camera from the outdoor elements.
3-Viewing Modes: The HCE-C2100RD4 multi-view camera will show you the obstacles around the rear of your Jeep Wrangler JK from different angles to assist you with parking, backing up, and to even connect a trailer.
- Rear View: Displays an image of the area directly behind the vehicle. Use this when backing into a parking space.
- Corner View: Displays a divided image left and right of center. Use this when checking the left and right area directly behind your vehicle
- Panorama View: Display a general perspective of what is behind the car. Use this when you want to check mainly behind the vehicle.
- Ground View: Displays an image from above down to the lower section for the vehicle. Use this when determining the vehicle's position in relation to the curb, a trailer hitch, etc..
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
CMOS Image Sensor + Wide-Angle Lens: The HCE-C2100RD4 multi-view backup camera employs a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with 1280 (h) x 720 (v) effective number of pixels (1,228,800 megapixels). Plus an automatic exposure adjustment and white balance adjustment delivers clear viewing day or night. The Alpine HCE-C2100RD4 multi-view backup camera features a wide-angle lens (180° horizontal x 70° vertical) for an extended view behind your vehicle to reduce your blind spot areas. The camera's lens has a focal length of f=1.27mm and brightness of f=1.8.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): Thanks to HDR technology, the picture quality is much better compared to regular camera systems, for even better visibility behind your vehicle when backing up, with a high-resolution and high-detail camera image. The HCE-C2100RD4 offers incredible image quality in varying levels of light with a wide illumination range (1.5 to 100,000 Lux). HDR (High Dynamic Range) and automatic fast exposure adjustment eliminates image wash-out common when going from areas of heavy shade into areas with bright sunlight (for example underground parking, tunnels, etc).
Parking Guidelines: This multi-view backup camera includes convenient Parking Guidelines that can be fully adjusted to match the width of your vehicle. This makes parking safer and more convenient compared to a regular backup camera without Parking Guidelines.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked