About the Alpine HCE-C252RD
Alpine all the way
Alpine all the way
Already decided on an Alpine touchscreen car stereo? Alpine's HCE-C252RD rear-view camera is an essential accessory that provides a detailed, expanded view when you're backing up. With low-light capability and a wide viewing angle, you'll have a great picture, day or night. With your Alpine receiver, you can choose from four different modes: 4 viewing modes: rear-view, corner, ground, and panorama.
One square inch
This tiny camera measures less than one square inch, so it'll fit just about anywhere. The package includes a 32-foot cable with a proprietary Alpine plug that allows the camera to connect to a compatible Alpine car stereo.
Looking for another mounting option? The HCE-C252RD is compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit (not included).
Front, back, or side cam
Alpine's KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector (not included) lets you use this camera plus two other cameras to display front, rear, and side views of your rig on your Alpine radio's touchscreen.
- rear-view camera with proprietary Alpine cable
- mounting hardware and 32-foot power/video cable included
- 1/4" CMOS image sensor
- color video output
- 4 viewing modes:
- corner (split right/left views)
- ground (downward view)
- panorama (larger rear-view perspective)
- illumination range: 1.5 to 100,000 Lux
- weather-proof camera housing
- dimensions: 15/16"W x 15/16"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C252RD
What's in the box:
- Rearview camera (attached 20" harness)
- 32.5' Power/Video harness
- Mounting bracket
- Mounting plate
- Rubber wedge
- Heat-shrink tube
- 5 Wire-ties
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive tape
- Owner's Manual
Alpine HCE-C252RD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-C252RD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Resolution||1280 x 720|
|Lux Rating||1.5 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||142 deg|
|Plug type||Alpine Proprietary|
Compatibility: The HCE-C252RD multi-view backup camera is compatible solely with Alpine in-dash multimedia and navigation receivers which are equipped with a proprietary multi-pin camera input.
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Multiple Views: The HCE-C252RD multi-view camera will show you the obstacles around the rear of the vehicle from different angles to assist you with parking, backing up, and to even connect a trailer.
- Rear View: Displays an image of the area directly behind the vehicle. Use this when backing into a parking space.
- Corner View: Displays a divided image left and right of center. Use this when checking the left and right area directly behind your vehicle
- Panorama View: Display a general perspective of what is behind the car. Use this when you want to check mainly behind the vehicle.
- Ground View: Displays an image from above down to the lower section for the vehicle. Use this when determining the vehicle's position in relation to the curb, a trailer hitch, etc..
CMOS Image Sensor w/ Auto Imaging: The HCE-C252RD multi-view backup camera employs a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with 1280 (h) x 720 (v) effective number of pixels (0.93 megapixels). Plus an automatic imaging function with metering and white balance adjustment delivers clear viewing day or night. The CMOS image sensor has an illumination range of 1.5 lx to 100,000 lx.
Wide-Angle Lens: The Alpine HCE-C252RD multi-view backup camera features a wide-angle lens (180° horizontal x 142° vertical) for an extended view behind your vehicle to reduce your blind spot areas. The camera's lens has a focal length of f=0.9mm and brightness of f=1.8.
Mounting: The multi-view camera comes supplied with a bracket designed to mount to the rear of your vehicle. The mounting bracket comes supplied with a self-adhesive pad and mounting screws. The bracket allows you to adjust the camera angle up or down. The camera comes with an extra-long cable to run the power and signal from the head unit to the camera.
Optional License Plate Mount Kit: The HCE-C252RD rearview camera is compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP rearview camera license plate mounting kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately).
Optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface: The optional Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC250, sold separately) allows as many as three camera systems (Front, Rear, & Side) to be connected to and controlled from select Alpine in-dash navigation receivers.