About the Alpine HCE-C257FD
Avoid scuffing and scraping
Avoid scuffing and scraping
We've all heard it — that cringe-inducing sound of a car's front end as it scrapes over a parking barrier. Oof. Adding Alpine's HCE-C257FD front-view cam to your new Alpine touchscreen receiver helps you spot obstacles in front of your ride that are low and hard to see. They're also a great addition to vans, SUVs, and other vehicles with high clearance that have troublesome blind spots. Alpine gives you multiple views to choose from on the fly, so you'll have all the tools you need to navigate parking challenges. Alpine provides the cables for connecting to their KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector or directly to your compatible Alpine touchscreen receiver.
Multiple views on your Alpine car stereo
The HCE-C257FD offers three viewing modes to give you better angles on what's in front of your vehicle:
- Panorama view: a 180-degree angle of what's directly in front of you that's especially useful driving out of "blind" alleys and driveways.
- Ground view: keep an eye on the ground directly in front of you for precise parking. Additionally, picture-in-picture view gives you a larger view of what's in front of you.
- Corner view: this split-screen view brings your extreme right and left into focus for tricky parking situations. Additionally, you'll see a picture-in-picture view of your regular front view.
Everything you'd expect from a vehicle cam
Alpine ensures you see a detailed picture by using a CMOS image sensor with a resolution of 330 TV lines. Light or dark surroundings, you'll get a well-lit view of what's around you.
Important Note: You can only use this camera with a compatible Alpine car stereo or with a KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector (not included) that's connected to an Alpine car stereo.
- front-view camera
- 1/4" CMOS image sensor with approximately 0.93 megapixel resolution
- color video output
- three viewing angles
- 180-degree horizontal and 142-degree vertical viewing angles
- 1.5 Lux minimum for night driving
- weather-proof camera housing
- universal mounting hardware and power/video cable included
- for use with a compatible Alpine car stereo or a KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector connected to an Alpine car stereo
- camera dimensions: 15/16"W x 15/16"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C257FD
What's in the box:
- Front-view camera (attached 3' harness)
- 10' Power/Video harness
- Mounting bracket
- Mounting plate
- Rubber wedge
- Heat-shrink tube
- 5 Wire-clamps
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive tape
- Owner's Manual
Alpine HCE-C257FD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-C257FD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Resolution||1280 x 720|
|Lux Rating||1.5 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||142 deg|
|Plug type||Alpine Proprietary|
Compatibility: The HCE-C257FD is only compatible with Alpine Restyle & AV/Navigation receivers with a proprietary direct camera input. If you're using the HCE-C257FD along with an Alpine rearview camera system, you need to add the KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC250, sold separately) to switch back and forth between the images from the various cameras.
CMOS Image Sensor w/ Auto Imaging: The HCE-C257FD front view camera employs a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with 1280 (h) x 720 (v) effective number of pixels (0.93 megapixels). Plus an automatic imaging function with metering and white balance adjustment delivers clear viewing day or night. The CMOS image sensor has an illumination range of 1.5 lx to 100,000 lx.
Wide-Angle Lens: The Alpine HCE-C257FD front view camera features a wide-angle lens (180° horizontal x 142° vertical) for an extended view in front of your vehicle to reduce your blind spot areas. The camera's lens has a focal length of f=0.9mm and brightness of f=1.8.
Multiple Views: The HCE-C257FD has three viewing modes to show obstacles on the sides and in front of your vehicle from different angles - Panorama, Corner, and Ground views.
- Panorama: Panorama View gives you a wide 180º landscape view perspective of the terrain which helps you navigate in tight spaces
- Corner: Use the Corner view to identify obstacles on the sides of your vehicle and your distance from them, or how the distance of a rock in relation to your front tire.
- Ground: Ground View lets you see cracks and crevices in the path immediately in front of your vehicle, so you can adjust your driving accordingly. If you're tackling a steep incline, the Ground View lets you see the decline in front of you.
Note: The HCE-C257FD can also be installed as a forward-facing application underneath your Jeep. This allows you to position the camera so it can be used to monitor the suspension or front wheels, giving you immediate viewing of these items.
Rugged Construction: The HCE-C257FD is rated at IP67 (International Protection Rating), so it's protected from dust and water immersion up to one meter.
Mounting: The front view camera comes supplied with a bracket designed to mount to the front of your vehicle. The mounting bracket comes supplied with a self-adhesive pad and mounting screws. The bracket allows you to adjust the camera angle up or down. The camera comes with an extra-long cable to run the power and signal from the camera to your compatible Alpine receiver.
Optional License Plate Mounting Kit (sold separately): The KTX-C10LP license plate frame camera mounting kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately) is an easy way to install the HCE-C257FD camera to the front of your vehicle.
The Alpine HCE-C257FD replaces these items
- camera offers four view modes
- work with almost any receiver with a composite video input
- Automatic Imaging function automatically adjusts the picture