About the Alpine HCE-C305R
Now that's a rear-view camera
Now that's a rear-view camera
If safety and maneuverability are important to you, Alpine has created the Cadillac of backup cameras. The HCE-C305R Active View camera system uses impressive video and motion-sensing technology to help you get in and out of tight places and navigate through almost any parking situation. Four camera views, audible alerts, and motion detection ensure that you can back up with confidence.
Here's how it works
The camera installs on the rear of your vehicle, and its cable connects to a processor box installed up front, which connects to any multimedia receiver with a RCA camera input. When you shift into reverse, the camera gives you a clear view of what's behind you. Motion sensors warn of any pedestrians, animals, vehicles, or other moving objects. The object is initially highlighted in yellow, which switches to red as the object gets closer. An audible alert also beeps faster and faster as the object approaches.
Four different views
This tiny camera allows you to select from four different views: standard, panorama, ground view, and split left/right view. The camera automatically switches to its downward "ground view" when an object is really close — ideal for trailer hookups. The camera comes with its own mounting bracket, but you can pair it with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit, for a handy and stealthy installation solution.
- backup camera with processor module
- four viewing modes
- Active View camera system uses motion sensors to alert you to approaching objects
- approaching objects are highlighted yellow, then red as they get closer
- audible alert also beeps faster and faster as the object approaches
- viewing angles: 190-degree horizontal, 150-degrees vertical
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C305R
What's in the box:
- Rear-view camera (with attached 19" cable terminated by a 7-pin connector)
- Active alert module
- Tone generator (with attached 4" cable terminated by a 2-pin connector)
- Mode switch (with attached 9.75' cable terminated by a 4-pin connector)
- 10" System harness
- 26.5' Camera extension cable (terminated by 4-pin connectors)
- 9.75' Tone generator cable (terminated by 2-pin connectors)
- 9.75' Composite video cable
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- M6x10mm screw
- Four M4x7mm machine screws
- 2 Machine screws (with a lock- / flat-washer attached)
- 7 Large cable clamps
- 3 Small cable clamps
- Rubber wedge
- Large section of two-sided tape
- Adhesive pad
- Small section of two-sided tape
- 2 Sections of velcro
- Red splicer
- Hex key
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration information
- Note to customers
- Calibration sheets
Alpine HCE-C305R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-C305R
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||1.5 lux (min)|
|Selectable Views||Rear,Pano, Corner, Ground|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||190 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||150 deg|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Overview: The Alpine HCE-C305R is designed to be an advanced single-camera backup assist system. The HCE-C305R System sends audible and visible signals, alerting and highlighting potential dangers while backing up. The Alpine HCE-C305 Active View Camera System consists of a rear view camera, active alert module, tone generator, and mode switch; as well as necessary cable and hardware for installation. Because the HCE-C305R has a standard composite video output (RCA), it can be used with any monitor with a composite video rear-camera input.
Active Alert Detection: This camera system detects objects from the camera image and warns drivers with a display and an alarm (using the included active alert module & tone generator). It uses a series of visual and audio alerts to inform you of upcoming objects within range of the system. Its sophisticated internal processing system automatically alerts you when it detects a potential threat, protecting you while you back up. When you reverse the vehicle, this function helps to detect objects that are moving from the right or the left and gives and audible warning. If multiple objects are detected, a warning is given for the most critical object. The critical object is selected in accordance with the arrival time to your vehicle. The system detects an object only when the your vehicle is in reverse. Only objects seen by the camera are detectable. Objects moving away from your vehicle are not detected.
Note: In order to effectively indentify approaching objects, it is necessary to configure the system's guidance and install data, which is done through the unit's calibration mode and included calibration sheets.
Guidelines: Multi-color parking guidelines (Red/Yellow/Green) appear on your connected monitor's screen to assist you in backing up your vehicle. Each line represents a distance: Red=20", Yellow=39", Green=79". These distance guideline represent the distance to the road surface, not the object. There are also markers that represent the width of your vehicle.
Multi-View Camera: The multi-view camera gives you a wide 190° horizontal angle view of the area immediately behind your vehicle. It is designed to give you high visibility in daylight or at night. The clear, color images appear on the LCD screen of your in-dash multimedia/navigation head unit to help you see obstructions behind the vehicle as you back into a parking spot, or to keep an eye on cargo you may be towing. The image provided by the camera is a mirror image, so they appear the same in the monitor as what is seen in your rear-view mirror. Other features of the camera include:
- Weatherproof housing
- 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- 640 x 480 (300,000) effective pixels
- 190° horizontal viewing angle & 150° vertical viewing angle
- Illumination Range of 1.5 lx or more (50 IRE more)
- 0.82mm focal length
- F = 2.6 brightness
Multiple Views: This multi-view camera will show you the obstacles around the rear of the vehicle from different angles to assist you with parking, backing up, and to even connect a trailer. You can select from the following view modes using the included external mode switch.
- Rear View: Displays an image of the area directly behind the vehicle. Use this when backing into a parking space.
- Panorama View: Display a general perspective of what is behind the car. Use this when you want to view a wider than normal area behind the vehicle.
- Corner View: Displays a divided image left and right of center. Use this when checking the left and right area directly behind your vehicle
- Ground View: Displays an image from above down to the lower section for the vehicle. Use this when determining the vehicle's position in relation to the curb, a trailer hitch, etc..
Optional License Plate Mounting Kit (sold separately): The optional Alpine KTX-C10LP Rearview Camera License Plate Mounting Kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately) allows you to mount the multi-view camera on your vehicle's license plate.
Mounting: The rear view camera comes supplied with a weather-proof mounting bracket designed to mount to the rear of your vehicle. The mounting bracket features a self-adhesive backing as well as comes supplied with mounting screws. The bracket allows you to angle the camera up or down. This small camera can be installed on the rear bumper, by the license plate of your SUV, truck, or car. The active alert module is designed to mount inside the vehicle and comes supplied with velcro strips and two-sided tape to mount the unit to a clean, flat surface of your vehicle. The tone generator is also mounted inside the vehicle using the supplied L-bracket. The external mode switch should be mounted near the driver seat using the included two-sided tape. The HCE-C305R also comes supplied with several self-adhesive cable clips for wire management.
- Width = 0.9375"
- Height = 0.9375"
- Depth = 1.4375"
Active Alert Module:
- Width = 6.9375"
- Height = 1.1875"
- Depth = 4.5625"
- Width = 1.125"
- Height = 0.5625"
- Depth = 1.5"
- Width = 1.75"
- Height = 1.0"
- Depth = 1.9375"
The Alpine HCE-C305R replaces these items
- rear-view camera with Alpine's "direct camera" connection
- automatic image adjustment
- wide viewing angle (horizontal 190° and vertical 150°)
- camera offers four view modes
- hooks up to select Alpine DVD and navigation receivers
- automatic Imaging function automatically adjusts the picture
2 questions already asked