About the Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA
The all-round Wrangler backup cam
The all-round Wrangler backup cam
You can count on Alpine to outdo themselves. Their HCE-TCAM1-WRA rear-view camera for select 2007-up Wranglers is no exception. This handsome system gives you a seamless factory look while adding a rear-view camera, reverse LED lamp, and brakelight to your vehicle. Cool thing is the camera displays everything it sees on any aftermarket touchscreen car stereo with a composite (RCA) video input. The camera's wide view and LED-enhanced visibility for night driving make it a Wrangler off-roading essential.
Add a 3rd brakelight
Doesn't matter if you still have your factory spare tire or an aftermarket one — the HCE-TCAM1-WRA fits directly onto the spare tire mount using Alpine's variety of included mounting posts. You'll gain a 6-1/4" x 2" brakelight in addition to a weatherproof rear-view camera, all without drilling any holes. Lug nut mounting makes it easy to remove the unit when you need to get at the spare. You'll also find the wiring needed to install this camera and connect it to your car stereo.
Installing this camera yourself? Here's what you should know.
What does it do? Unless otherwise noted, a backup camera is only intended for use backing up your vehicle. (If you require a front-view or constant rear-view camera, check for that capability.)
What tools and supplies will I need? A panel tool, a wire cutter/stripper, a soldering iron, and a rosin-core solder with heat shrink tubing are recommended, along with whatever tools are needed to remove the radio from the dash.
How much wiring is required? Wiring instructions vary from camera to camera. Some cameras have power wiring that can only be connected near the radio. Others let you power the camera at compatible reverse lights. In all cases, the camera must be wired for power and ground, the camera's video output must be connected to the radio/monitor, and the radio/monitor must be connected to a reverse trigger in your vehicle. Some radio replacement interfaces supply a reverse trigger wire for the radio -- using that wire to power your camera will damage the interface.
Will the included video cable be long enough? You'll need to route the camera's video cable from its mounting location outside your vehicle into your vehicle's cabin and all the way to the screen in the dash. This often requires drilling a small hole in your vehicle or filing some metal and or plastic. You'll also need to estimate the length of cable needed to run from the camera to the dash, which will not be a straight shot. Each camera's cable length is listed.
- rear-view camera and brakelight designed for select 2007-up Jeep Wranglers
- includes three mounting posts for use with factory and aftermarket rear spare tires
- wide-angle camera
- compatible with aftermarket touchscreen radios via composite (RCA) video connection
- LED reverse light for illumination
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-TCAM1-WRA
What's in the box:
- Spare tire mount backup camera (w/ 3rd brake light and reverse light)
- 23' Connector cable
- 10" T-harness
- Camera base
- Mounting bracket
- 3 Mounting posts (Short / Mid / Long)
- Rubber cap (pre-installed)
- Rubber grommet
- 8 Machine screws
- Installation Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
- Warranty Information
Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA
Spare Tire Camera & Light System: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA features a 3-in-1 design which consists of a rear view camera, LED third brake light, and LED reverse light in a 7" round housing that installs onto your Jeep Wrangler's spare tire mount.
- Backup Camera: The backup camera features a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor (300,000 pixels) and a wide-angle lens (132° horizontal / 105° vertical). Its illumination range is approximately 1.0 to 100,000 lux. The backup camera is optimally angled within the spare tire mount to provide visibility for both near and far objects behind your Jeep Wrangler. The camera's backup image will be displayed on your compatible in-dash receiver's video screen.
- Third Brake Light: The third brake light is 6.25" (w) x 2" (h) and stretches across the middle of the unit to provide extra safety.
- Reverse Light: The reverse light is not only helpful when backing up, but also illuminates the camera's viewing angle in low light situations.
Note: This rear-view camera system is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Compatibility: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA spare tire camera & light system fits 2007-Up Jeep Wranglers (JK) with spare tire mount and factory wheel or aftermarket wheel on back (compatible with most aftermarket wheels). It works with Alpine's WRA-series of in-dash receivers designed specifically for Jeep Wrangler, as well as other aftermarket and factory in-dash receivers with a video screen and camera input.
- Alpine WRA-Series: Compatible with Alpine's 9" Restyle dash systems for the Jeep Wrangler (X209-WRA, X109-WRA, X009-WRA, i109-WRA, & i209-WRA; all sold separately).
- Aftermarket Stereo: Supports aftermarket head units with a built-in video screen and a camera input that consists of a composite video jack.
- Factory Radio: Connection to a factory radio with a video screen and camera input requires Alpine's HRN-CAMCH adapter (500HRNCAMC, sold separately) and dealer programming (charges will apply).
Proprietary & Composite Video Connector: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA is equipped with a proprietary & composite video connectors for greater flexibility when it comes to compatibility. The Proprietary connector is designed specifically for 9" Restyle dash systems for the Jeep Wrangler (X209-WRA, X109-WRA, X009-WRA, i109-WRA, & i209-WRA; all sold separately). The composite video jack offers compatibility with almost any aftermarket stereo with a built-in video screen and composite video camera input.
Rugged Housing: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA spare tire camera & light system is waterproof and dust proof with an IP66 rating (universal standards set for International Protection Marking of products), so it's ready for off-road challenges like heavy dust and water crossings. The housing has a matte black finish with gun metal gray powder coat accents. It has a 7.125" diameter footprint.
Spare Tire Mount: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA backup camera system conveniently installs onto the spare tire mount for an integrated look and is easily removed. The HCE-TCAM1-WRA attaches to your Jeep Wrangler's spare tire mount and is fixed using the factory lug nut or an optional aftermarket wheel lock. It is compatible with most factory and aftermarket wheels and comes with three mounting posts of varying lengths, allowing your to choose a post that fits the depth of the spare wheel. A removable rubber cap with a debossed Alpine logo covers the wheel lock in the center of the unit.
8 questions already asked