About the Alpine i109-WRA In-Dash Restyle System
Add a 9" receiver with Apple CarPlay™ to your Jeep
Add a 9" receiver with Apple CarPlay™ to your Jeep
Your 2011-17 Jeep Wrangler or Wrangler Unlimited owns the trails, but it's not afraid to strut its stuff when out for a night on the town. Alpine designed the i109-WRA digital multimedia receiver specifically for your Wrangler, no matter the trim level. This Alpine Restyle receiver features a massive 9" diagonal display that offers 41% more viewing area than a 7" screen, housed in a custom dash kit that fits your vehicle perfectly for a factory feel. And they've added AppleCarPlay compatibility, so you can access the apps you need without getting distracted by the matter at hand — driving your Jeep.
Apple CarPlay for in-dash apps
If you have an iPhone® 5 or newer, you can hop into your Jeep, connect your phone to the stereo, and use the sleek, easy-to-use interface to access the apps you need. The i109-WRA gives you fingertip or voice control of Apple apps like Maps, Music, Phone, Messages, and more. The 9" capacitive touchscreen works just like your tablet, so you'll feel right at home.
You can access Apple CarPlay on this receiver using the same Lightning™ cable that came with your iPhone, or select aftermarket equivalents. Your iPhone is compatible with Apple CarPlay already, so there's no need to download any apps.
How does it fit?
The included Alpine Restyle package accommodates the i109-WRA in every 2011-1720 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited model, from the Sport up through the Rubicon Hard Rock. This package contains a dash kit which replaces a section of your dash, housing the receiver, along with wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring. Alpine even gives you an iDatalink module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the Jeep Uconnect® features you've grown fond of. Once you've identified your vehicle, we'll tell you if this Jeep kit fits it.
Factory functionality with an integrated look
The dash kit doesn't replicate your Jeep's dash, but it does offer many of the same features. The dash kit also offers custom keys that match lighting, color, shape, and style of your Jeep's keys, and it lets you keep your climate controls, so you can keep track of the temperature inside and outside your vehicle. Big buttons along the sides of the 9" display offer convenient access to volume, track, home, and Siri® voice commands, plus you can see what's behind you without putting your vehicle into reverse if you've got a compatible rear-view camera. You'll also retain your Jeep's 12-volt ports.
Drive smarter with Siri
The beauty of Apple CarPlay is that it's designed for drivers. It puts important native iPhone functions on the screen, with familiar app icons that are large enough to be seen and tapped on the screen when you need them. Other info appears on the screen in big, easy-to-read text on a clean, clutter-free background.
You can also activate apps with Siri voice commands, using the external microphone that's included with the receiver. Siri lets you make calls, compose texts, select tunes, and start navigation without taking your hands off the wheel. With Siri, you can place a call or compose a text with your voice. And Siri can read your incoming messages aloud to you.
Music makes travel more fun
This digital media receiver doesn't have a CD player, but with Apple CarPlay, an AM/FM radio, and an auxiliary A/V input, you'll never miss it. Browse your iPhone's music for playlists, songs, artists, and albums, or enjoy music apps, like iHeartRadio, Pandora, and Spotify®. You'll also see album art on the big screen. And you can pull up your podcasts, too.
If you need directions, launch the Maps app to find out how to reach the latest hot spot in town. Want to find the nearest bank ATM? Just tell Siri. The big capacitive touchscreen allows you to pinch-to-zoom the map display, so you'll be able to pinpoint exactly where you need to be and, if need be, find a place to park.
The i109-WRA features a 24-bit digital-to-analog converter to keep your digital files sounding great. It also boasts Media Xpander technology, which restores lost sonic data to compressed formats like MP3s and AACs.
It also works with the Alpine TuneIt App Ver 2.0 for your smartphone, which is a real time-saver for making audio fixes. For starters, it allows you to create a user profile with info about your vehicle and Alpine system, including speakers and subs. You can then follow simple instructions for adjusting sound settings for your specific vehicle (if available), or choose from presets within the app designed by Alpine for both the vehicle and your speakers.
9-band parametric EQ and more
You can use your phone's touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction with just a fingertip. You can then share your system and settings with other Alpine TuneIt App users, and see what they've done as well. You can link your Alpine TuneIt App account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
The Alpine TuneIt App Ver 2.0 also offers Alpine's Bass Engine SQ tuning feature, which lets you determine which low-frequency characteristics you want to emphasize. It automatically adjusts EQ, sub level, and crossover settings to give you the kind of bass you desire without hassle.
See more around your Jeep
Alpine's Drive Assist camera systems don't just show you what's behind your vehicle — they're specifically designed for wide-angle and multi-angle views. You can accessorize your stereo from a variety of Drive Assist cameras to help get into and out of tight spots safely.
The included iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your car's factory extras
You don't have to worry about losing your favorite conveniences to get navigation and better sound — the i109-WRA includes an iDatalink Maestro module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, safety warning chimes, and Uconnect, if present. The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your vehicle's diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Alpine's screen, depending on your vehicle.
Installation note: You will have to make some modifications to your vehicle to install this Alpine receiver. You will have to cut the factory radio's rear support bracket and modify the Jeep's trim panel. You will not be able to reinstall the factory radio.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- digital media receiver with 9" capacitive touchscreen and AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- designed specifically to work with Apple CarPlay
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2011-17 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models
- includes Alpine Restyle package with all installation parts
- includes iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to retain factory features, including steering wheel controls and Uconnect
- works with iPhone 5 or newer (see Details for model compatibility)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- USB port accommodates Apple devices
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt 2.0 app for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- 9-band parametric EQ
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- inputs: rear USB input (for Apple devices only), rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- external microphone included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # i109-WRA
What's in the box:
- Alpine i109-WRA:
- In-dash receiver (10A fuse)
- 5' USB extension cable
- Aux/Camera harness
- 4 ISO-screws
- Quick Reference Guide
- Online Product Registration
- Installation Instructions
- "Read Before Installation" note
- Alpine GTX-i109-WRA Kit:
- Dash kit
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5" cable)
- Mic bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Alpine ALP--HRN-WRA
- iDatalink Maestro RR radio replacement interface module
- Main harness
- Antenna adapter
- OEM USB adapter
- USB flashing cable
Alpine i109-WRA In-Dash Restyle System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine i109-WRA In-Dash Restyle System
Vehicle Compatibility: The Alpine i109-WRA in-dash CarPlay receiver is designed specifically to be installed in the following Jeep Wrangler vehicles (as of 5/19/2016).
Note: You will have to modify your vehicle's factory receiver trim panel and unbolt or cut out the factory radio's rear support bracket to make room for the new Alpine receiver. You will not be able to reinstall the factory radio once you've modified your vehicle's trim panel.
Restyle System Dash Kit: The Alpine i109-WRA in-dash CarPlay receiver includes Alpine's G-KTX-i109-WRA Restyle System dash kit which allows the aftermarket head unit to fit seamlessly into select Jeep Wranglers. The dash kit is made of specially formed OEM-grade, high-quality, high-strength ABS plastic that has been color-matched to the factory dash. Extra care has been taken to match the factory dash's shape, texture, and color ensuring a more OEM-like appearance. Unlike traditional universal dash kits, the Alpine Restyle System dash kit includes direct fit OEM-like brackets to ensure sturdy support and accurate positioning of the radio in your vehicle's dash.
OEM-Like Buttons: The G-KTX-i109-WRA Restyle System dash kit is equipped with OEM-quality dedicated hard keys that match your Jeep Wrangler's dash lighting for a truly uniform look. The hard keys are fully integrated for quick access to CarPlay features like the Apple Maps, Siri, and your iPhone's music library, as well the head unit's home screen, volume and previous/next track controls. In addition, you get quick access to the backup camera (when used with optional camera system).
iDataLink Maestro Interface: The Alpine i109-WRA in-dash CarPlay receiver also includes the iDataLink Maestro (ADS-MRR) radio replacement interface with radio and vehicle harness. The iDataLink Maestro interface retains the following features when replacing your Jeep Wrangler's factory radio with the Alpine aftermarket in-dash receiver.
- Factory amplifier
- Steering wheel controls
Flashing the Module: The iDataLink Maestro module must be connected to your Windows PC and flashed with a specific firmware (RR-CHR01-AS) from the iDatalink website. The supplied USB cable plugs into your PC and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply visit iDatalink's Weblink site, and follow the instructions. System Requirements for Weblink 6.0 include:
- Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Administrative rights on your PC
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64-bit version)
- Available USB port
Note: iDatalink Maestro RR is not compatible with a Mac.
Pre-Wired Harness: The radio, vehicle, and interface harnesses comes pre-wired, so all you need to do is plug the appropriate connector in the back of the Alpine i109-WRA, iDatalink Maestro (ADS-MRR), G-KTX-i109-WRA Restyle System dash kit, and the vehicle's factory radio plugs. Even the Parking Brake & Reverse Gear connections are pre-wired to make installation much simpler and less time consuming.
Motorized 9" Touchscreen Display: Through its 9" capacitive touchscreen the Alpine i109-WRA is designed for use in the vehicle with your USB-connected iPhone Lightning-connector device (iOS 7.1+) and Apple CarPlay. The 9" capacitive touchscreen boasts a 800 x 480 resolution (1.15 million pixels) with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays.
- Backlight Control: You adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15. You can then select one of the following modes for the LCD's fluorescent backlight - Auto (adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle), On (keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark), or Off (keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright).
- Clock Display: The Alpine i109-WRA lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock.
Note: For safety and legal reasons, the Alpine receiver features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source or navigate advanced menu settings while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source or select certain menu functions, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position. CarPlay does not require the parking brake to be engaged.
Siri "Eyes Free" Voice Control: The Alpine i109-WRA provides Siri "Eyes Free" Voice Control via Apple CarPlay and the included mic for a safer driving experience. By pressing the dedicated "Siri" button on the front-panel and using the included external microphone, you can tell Siri what you would like to listen to, where you want to go, and who you want to call or text. The external microphone features a 12.5' cable which plugs into the back of the receiver and comes with a mounting bracket which can be clipped to the sun-visor or headliner, or taped to the dash.
Note: Siri "Eyes Free" Voice Control only works with CarPlay functions of your USB-connected iPhone with Lightning-connector device. The i109-WRA does not offer voice control over head unit functions like audio and menu settings or input selection through Siri.
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Alpine i109-WRA. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Alpine i109-WRA in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the i109-WRA receiver's 9" capacitive touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
Note: All functionality of CarPlay is accessible without the parking brake engaged.
iPhone Compatibility: The Alpine i109-WRA and Apple CarPlay is compatible with the iPhone 5 and newer that feature a Lightning connector and are running iOS 7.1 or higher. Your compatible iPhone must be connected to the i109-WRA receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included 5' USB extension cable and Alpine's KCU-471 Lightning-to-USB cable (500KCU471I), sold separately), the cable that came with your iPhone, or other Apple certified Lightning-cable (sold separately).
Note: Only use the 5' USB extension cable that comes with this receiver. Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay or Android Auto to malfunction.
Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.
Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the i109-WRA's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Alpine receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you.
Note: Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Alpine i109-WRA. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the i109-WRA's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The i109-WRA's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Alpine receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen. Current supported apps include (fees may apply):
- Music & Radio: Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, & Vox
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, & OverCast
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
Note: Apple continues to add more apps to CarPlay.
Other Functions: Within the CarPlay's touchscreen menu is a circular icon which acts like the back button on your iPhone. In addition there is an "Main Menu" icon which exists CarPlay and takes you back to the Alpine receiver's Home Menu.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine i109-WRA features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
24-Bit DAC: The Alpine i109-WRA utilizes a 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analog) converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/2V Preouts + Sub Control: The i109-WRA has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted independently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
Equalizer: The Alpine i109-WRA in-dash receiver is equipped with Tone controls, a Preset EQ, and Alpine's very owner Bass Engine SQ.
- Tone Control: You can independently adjust Bass & Treble from -7 to +7 in order to tailor the system's sound to your preference.
- EQ Preset: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- Bass Engine SQ: Alpine's Bass Engine SQ optimizes the sound for all speakers in the vehicle according to the music genre and mood for well-balanced and effective bass sound. Select from six Bass Engine SQ Types - Standard (Natural low-pitched sound), Punch (boosted bass sound), Rich (rich low-pitch sound), Mid Bass (emphasizes presence of upper bass), Low Bass (emphasizes presences lower bass), and Off (bypasses Bass Engine SQ).
Audio Enhancements: The i109-WRA provides Media Xpander and Application Volume Level to enhance your listening experience no matter what source content you are listening to.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. Apple CarPlay, FM Radio, and AV input sources will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Application Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than CarPlay or Aux, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Alpine TuneIt app is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app from iTunes onto your Apple iPhone with Lightning connector (iOS 7.1+ ) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your compatible iPhone must be connected to the i109-WRA's rear-panel USB port and 12.5' USB extension cable via Alpine's KCU-471 Lightning-to-USB cable (500KCU471I), sold separately), the cable that came with your iPhone, or other Apple certified Lightning-cable (sold separately). Your iPhone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt App turns your iPhone
into a sound tuning interface for the i109-WRA. Follow the simple graphical
instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific
vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can
be adjusted include Time Correction, Crossover Network, and 9-Band EQ. As
you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you
can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up
to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you
want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your
system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with
other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate
them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses
within the app.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener. You are able to save three time correction presets.
- High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows). High and low pass frequencies can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high or low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can create three Custom EQ presets by adjusting the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt App also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt App must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to the Alpine TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Tone: This function will give audible feedback with beep tones when touchscreen icons & buttons are pressed.
AV Input: The Alpine i109-WRA is fitted with one rear-panel AV minijack (3.5mm) input for connection of an external audio/video device like a Blu-ray/DVD player, game system, or ATSC TV tuner (sold separately).
Backup Camera Input: Alpine makes it easy to add a driver assistance backup camera (sold separately) through the i109-WRA's rear-view composite video input. The rear-view camera function assists you (the driver) in checking behind your vehicle by sending images to the Alpine receiver's in-dash monitor, showing conditions behind the car.
- Guide Lines: In addition to the rear-view image, the backup camera function also provides multiple on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle.
- Auto Rear-View Switching: If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds.
Note: The rear-view camera function is meant as a backup aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera function when backing up. In addition to using the backup camera function, the driver should always look behind to make sure everything is clear when backing up vehicle.
Optional Spare Tire Camera & Light System: The i109-WRA also supports Alpine's HCE-TCAM1-WRA spare tire camera & light system (500HCETCAM, sold separately); which consists of a rear view camera, LED third brake light, and LED reverse light in a 7" round housing that installs onto your Jeep Wrangler's spare tire mount.
- Backup Camera: The backup camera features a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor (300,000 pixels) and a wide-angle lens (132° horizontal / 105° vertical). Its illumination range is approximately 1.0 to 100,000 lux. The backup camera is optimally angled within the spare tire mount to provide visibility for both near and far objects behind your Jeep Wrangler. The camera's backup image will be displayed on the i109-WRA's video touchscreen.
- Third Brake Light & Reverse Light: The third brake light is 6.25" (w) x 2" (h) and stretches across the middle of the unit to provide extra safety. The reverse light is not only helpful when backing up, but also illuminates the camera's viewing angle in low light situations.
- Rugged Housing: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA spare tire camera & light system is waterproof and dust proof with an IP66 rating (universal standards set for International Protection Marking of products), so it's ready for off-road challenges like heavy dust and water crossings. The housing has a matte black finish with gun metal gray powder coat accents. It has a 7.125" diameter footprint.
- Spare Tire Mount: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA backup camera system conveniently installs onto the spare tire mount for an integrated look and is easily removed. The HCE-TCAM1-WRA attaches to your Jeep Wrangler's spare tire mount and is fixed using the factory lug nut or an optional aftermarket wheel lock. It is compatible with most factory and aftermarket wheels and comes with three mounting posts of varying lengths, allowing your to choose a post that fits the depth of the spare wheel. A removable rubber cap with a debossed Alpine logo covers the wheel lock in the center of the unit.
9 questions already asked