About the Alpine Restyle i207-WRA
Custom-fit audio for your Jeep
Custom-fit audio for your Jeep
Alpine's i207-WRA digital multimedia receiver brings smartphone connectivity to your 2007-17 Jeep Wrangler. With a big 7" diagonal display, this feature-packed performer fits perfectly into your Jeep, bringing you built-in Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, HD Radio™, and plenty of inputs.
Designed for your Wrangler
The included Alpine Restyle package accommodates the i207-WRA in pretty much every 2007-up Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited model. This package contains a dash kit that replaces the section of your dash and houses the receiver, along with wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring. Alpine even includes an iDatalink module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the Jeep Uconnect® features you've grown fond of. Once you've identified your vehicle, we'll tell you if this Jeep kit fits.
Factory functionality meets aftermarket style
The dash kit doesn't exactly replicate your Jeep's dash, but it does offer the same features. It comes with custom keys that match lighting, color, shape, and style of the factory keys, and it also lets you keep your climate controls. Buttons below the 7" display offer easy access to commonly used functions, and you'll even retain your Jeep's 12-volt ports.
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to use the i207-WRA for hands-free calling and music streaming through your compatible phone. Big touchscreen buttons make tuning and volume adjustment a snap, and the external microphone lets you enjoy crystal-clear conversations.
Easy access to essential features
The receiver's "Favorites" button gives you quick access to frequently used features, like radio stations, phone numbers, destinations, sound settings, and anything else you'll want "right now". One touch adds your choice directly to the favorites menu.
Those favorites are tied to your phone's Bluetooth profile, so the i207-WRA brings them up automatically when you get into your Jeep. You can have two user profiles tied to the stereo, with up to 80 favorites per user spread across 10 touchscreen pages. When the stereo detects two users at the same time, it can offer split-screen access to both users' favorites.
A big, versatile display
If you're a little bit old-school, you'll really appreciate the side buttons that get you right into functions like favorites, navigation, phone access, and sound settings without going through menu screens. You can create a custom top source banner that shows the sources you use most often, so you won't have to scroll through anything to choose a source. You can also use split-screen sound tuning to adjust the sonic controls and change tracks at the same time.
Enjoy fingertip control
The 7" display features capacitive touchscreen control, similar to your smartphone or tablet. You can pinch-to-zoom your maps for a better view, or enlarge or shrink album artwork as you please with your fingers. It employs 4-way movement on the screen, so you're always one swipe away from your favorite functions. Swipe left for navigation, right for A/V commands, up for audio or rear-seat entertainment options, and down for Bluetooth and source selection.
HD Radio, SiriusXM, and more
The i207-WRA offers a multitude of entertainment options:
• HD Radio reception: You'll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
• Pandora® Internet radio: Pandora fans will enjoy touchscreen control over their stations, including thumbs up and down, bookmarks, and station lists. Just plug your iPhone® into the USB port or use the Bluetooth connection with your Android™ device.
• iPhone and iPod® control: Browsing for your favorite songs is simple and concise, thanks to an intuitive touchscreen interface and the huge display. You can check out song title, artist info, and album art with a quick glance at the big screen.
• Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
The i207-WRA also features an MHL-compatible HDMI input, allowing you to connect most compatible Android smartphones and devices. With the correct HDMI cable connected, you'll be able to view video content from your phone or a portable Blu-ray Disc™ player on the Alpine's screen while parked.
Connect up to three cameras
You can also connect up to three cameras with the optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface so you can see more of what's around your vehicle when you're roaring through the dirt or getting in and out of tight spots.
Control your aftermarket accessories
If you've tricked out your Jeep with hard-core off-road add-ons, Alpine's got you covered. The optional Truck Accessory Controller enables simple system expansion, allowing touchscreen command of up to eight electrical devices like winches, LED lights, interior lights, suspension kits, tire inflators, and differential locks. You can customize the onscreen icons and button labels, so you'll be able to access your devices with ease.
Preset EQ settings to suit your Jeep
Alpine's audio engineers have loaded special Sound Parameters Settings into this receiver for all the vehicles covered by Restyle packages. You pick the one that matches your Jeep to get sound that's custom-EQ'd and time-corrected for your vehicle's acoustics.
Shareable sound control
With Alpine's TuneIt app, you can use your phone's touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction. You can then share your system and settings with other TuneIt users, and see what they've done as well. You can link your TuneIt account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
Siri® Eyes Free for non-distracted driving
Got an iPhone with Siri? This receiver supports Siri Eyes Free, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through your Alpine receiver, without any visual distractions from your Apple® device.
iDatalink Maestro included
The i207-WRA offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to an iDatalink Maestro interface. You'll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, and safety warning chimes, if present. The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your Jeep's diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Alpine's screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with 7" capacitive touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2007-17 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- includes Alpine Restyle package with all installation parts
- includes iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR module (requires Windows PC for programming)
- retains factory features, including steering wheel controls
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in iPod and iPhone control (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps)
- Siri Eyes Free control with select iPhones
- Pandora control with iPhone
- built-in Android control
- Pandora control via Bluetooth connection
- MHL-compatible HDMI cable required for viewing video content from compatible Android devices
- FLAC, MP3, WMA, AAC music playback via USB
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt App Ver 2.0 for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- 9-band parametric EQ
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with optional Truck Accessory Controller and Multi-Camera Selector Interface
- inputs: MHL-compatible HDMI input, rear A/V input (minijack), rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear HDMI output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # i207-WRA
What's in the box:
- Alpine iLX-207:
- Digital media receiver w/ integrated 7" touchscreeen
- Pre-out harness
- Camera input adapter
- 5' USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 8' cable terminated by proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- 4 Pan-head screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk screws (M5x8mm)
- HDMI connector clamp
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Quick Reference Guide
- Online Product Registration Card
- "To Customers" note
- iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Main harness
- Antenna adapter
- OEM USB adapter
- USB flashing cable
- SAT radio antenna adapter
- OBDII harness
- Power/ground harness
- Alpine WRA-i207-BKT:
- 2 Side mounting brackets
- Alpine WRA-i207-RSB:
- Rear support bracket
- Installation Manual
- Read Before Installation note
- Warranty Notification
Alpine Restyle i207-WRA reviews
This was an excellent upgrade for the factory base stereo (non-alpine) with UConnect in a 2015 JK. CarPlay, Sirius XM, Bluetooth, USB, Steering wheel integration, and OBDII data make it very flexible. The kit is comprehensive and truly plug-and-play. Some tips/observations from my experience: + If you have Sirius XM from the factory, you need a new SiriusXM SXV300V1 tuner, but the WRA kit includes an adapter for the factory SXM antenna. Transferring service is easy + You will disconnect UConnect and extend the USB (retains console USB port) + You do have to abandon the factory phone mic for new one + Make sure you install the GPS antennae as shown in the video + Program the Maestro module per the instructions. You can also customized your steering wheel audio buttons! + You can customize the vehicle gauges that are displayed + There ends up being quite a bit of wiring. If you follow the suggestions in the video you can get it all in there securely Add the following to get the most out of your upgrade: +SPV-65X-WRA speakers - sets for the kick panel and sound bar +KTP-445A amplifier - gets the most out of the upgraded speakers and you can feel the punch (works with existing harnesses so no additional power wiring needed) +HCE-RCAM-WRA - rear backup camera that plugs directly into the head unit It takes most of a day to install it all, but the
Pros: Complete upgrade to the A/V experience in my JEEP. Extremely happy with it.
Cons: Wish it had a volume knob.
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is a great system. I purchased the SiriusXM Tuner, and the PSS-21WRA, and a backup camera for my Wrangler Jeep Unlimited Sport. What a difference! bluetooth works seamlessly. The subwoofer fits like a glove under passenger set with the equalizer offset with subwoofer. Perfect. All Jeep controls work perfect with Maestro, a must have. This literally upgrades and makes it a new Jeep. Systems sounds great with top down. Carplay with iPhone is great. Sound is amazing. It's has the Alpine App that I believe adjusts equalizer, I have downloaded but not tried yet, but sounds amazing considering access. Either way the design makes accessible. I did not personally install I used "Total Tech Support" making it a bargain. The technician said it was a pleasure to install, and never any issues with Crutchfield systems. Do take time to trick out the USB port and Bass knob, otherwise hokie. Take time to run harness to sub and equalizer so it's clean. Love it and I have not finished exploring it all.
Pros: Compatibility, fit, design, sound.
Cons: Price but worth it.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great receiver. Works as advertised. Amazed at some of the features. I was amazed at the improvement on sound quality on the standard stock system. When flashing Maestro and installing pay attention to if you have the premium sound system with the sub-woofer. You need to make sure you check the sub-woofer in the flashing process. I also had to get guidance form Crutchfield tech support. Two wires in the main harness needed crossed to have the system recognize there was an amp.
Pros: Great features and makes the stock system sound even better.
Cons: Installation instructions missed a few items that required a follow up call to Crutchfield.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I absolutely love this unit. Such a great upgrade from my base model stock Jeep stereo without Bluetooth or Uconnect. I put this in my 2015 JK Unlimited Sport and feel like I have a new ride. Great sound upgrade even with stock speakers. I did the install myself and had limited previous experience with such projects. Took me about 2 hours. Pretty much plug n play. Hardest part was fitting all the cables behind the radio. The Alpine video install on YouTube and the install manual is all I needed. When flashing the Maestro unit make sure you only enter the bottom serial numbers on the radio itself. Microphone sound is great even doing 65 on the highway w the top down. No issues. If hooking up Sirius you do need to order the additional tuner but not the extra antenna adapter because it comes with one. You can also use the existing antenna if your Jeep already has one. Totally happy with the purchase and Crutchfield support. I called them twice just for quick questions and they were spot on. Don't hesitate. If you are sick of your crappy stock stereo this unit will definitely satisfy.
Pros: Great hands free sound, fits like stock, great sound even using existing stock speakers.
Cons: Getting cables behind radio.
2 of 2 found this helpful
It's a good unit fits well
Pros: Fit Finish
0 of 0 found this helpful
Much better functions and sound than the factory system. This pairs perfectly with my Alpine slim subwoofer and the sound in my Jeep is now very enjoyable and easily heard even with the top off!
Pros: Great sound and perfect integration
1 of 1 found this helpful
Perfect fit for my Jeep! As always the staff is A+
0 of 0 found this helpful
works well, can be a little slow switching between modes and inputs at times.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Fits great and was easy to install. Came with everything possible to streamline the process. Only hangup I had was updating the firmware on the Maestro module. The wanted the SN to put typed in a certain way in the directions but it would have accept it. It works of you put the entire SN in and not the 9 numbers they ask for. Harness is a little bulky and took some finesse to get it all in the dash but it's far from a problem.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Fits like a glove. Looks as if it came from the factory. 100% plug and play.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Very nice Alpine! Looks good and sounds awesome! Works great with the Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA backup camera.
2 of 2 found this helpful
First after market stereo that I have ever purchased and installed myself. Piece of cake! Love the radio!
Pros: Completely plug & play ... real easy to figure out and install yourself.
Cons: Big wire harness, small dash space ... you'll have to get creative.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Couldn't be happier. The stock AM/FM/CD player was very basic and this completely turns things around. I've really enjoyed the info screens for tire pressures and the electronic gauges. Apple play is great too. The install was not too bad but I still spent more time than I had planned. Alpine's installation video made me comfortable enough to purchase this unit. It does a good job of showing off the custom rear support bracket and wiring harness as well as the connections. Here are a few installation-related items I think could be clearer in the video: - All the wires need to pass through the lower opening in the rear support bracket but the Maestro unit does not need to. There is some gap between the receiver and the rear support bracket. The Maestro unit will fit ok on the left side of the receiver. - There are two four-pin connectors on the Maestro unit, both on the same side. The four-pin male plug on the harness should go to the black connector and not the blue one. If it goes to the blue connector the Maestro unit will repeatedly flash red twice and the receiver will frequently give a communications error. The only downside I've run across is that I now 'need' new speakers... :)
Pros: Lots of features Relatively easy installation three-year warranty
Cons: Price is higher than I was looking to spend As another reviewer pointed out, this unit is not weatherproof
2 of 2 found this helpful
Awesome receiver, Lots of customizable options, added everything the stock radio was missing. Brought my jeep to life!
Pros: easy install, lots of options to customize
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great sound, Looks like it came with Jeep fits very nice. Great purchase
Pros: Easy install, Made for Jeep Wrangler, Sounds great, Apple car play awesome
0 of 0 found this helpful
Overall the unit works wonderfully. It was more difficult to install and set up than I expected, but the result is very nice.
0 of 0 found this helpful
i absolutely love this radio. it was easy to install and all of my factory installed component works just fine. Thank You Crutchfield and Alpine.
1 of 1 found this helpful
The system is AWESOME! The iDatalink account setup is confusing unless using IE. The youtube installation video was VERY helpful.
Pros: System quality and features! The radio is easy to use. The software operation is FAST. Works better than 2018 Subaru with Carplay.
Cons: iDatalink setup was tuff setting up an account and programming is awful. ONLY REASON for the 4 stars.
0 of 0 found this helpful
All I can say is awesome! Takes some time to install correctly but totally worth it.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Works great. Looks nice and easy to install. I like the customization features and tapping into the jeep data for display is very cool. The harnesses included plugs right in and makes connecting everything easy. My aftermarket back up camera plugged right in with no problems as well. All in all I'm very pleased with this unit and as always, had a great customer experience with Crutchfield.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great product. Easy install but dont try to plug the wiring harness for the power windows into the radio....it doesn't work lol
1 of 1 found this helpful
After having several Wranglers in my life and installing aftermarket stereos in all of them, this unit was a breathe of fresh air! Looks great with the custom fit, but most importantly made the install 10 times easier.
3 of 3 found this helpful
NOTE: PRODUCT REVIEW IS FOR A 2007-20010 JEEP WRANGLER: The product is good and the directions were pretty straightforward. It was even awesome how the harness thought of everything. The two things that could have been better: 1. The bluetooth mircophone is generic. It would be nice to have one that integrated into the trim of the car better. 2 usb extension cable should do more than dangle into the glovebox. I bought a USB adapter that used the place of the factory cigarette lighter and it was only a few bucks but it did a lot to make it a more factory looking install.
Pros: Harness integration
Cons: Generic Bluetooth microphone and USB adapter that just hangs in the glovebox
1 of 1 found this helpful
While this unit is fun to use, it can not get wet at all. Leave your top up and do not get caught in a rain. It will destroy it. Not for Jeep Wranglers.
18 of 24 found this helpful
This is a great unit! Customizable backgrounds for individual tastes. The ability to display vehicle information on the screen is very helpful.
2 of 2 found this helpful
It is such a huge improvement from what I had before. Had a couple calls to Crutchfield tech folks to help and once those were fixed it was working great! Very happy that I purchased this radio and super happy with the help from the tech folks!
0 of 0 found this helpful
Gives you everything you need for upgrade & install in one simple package Box. Good quality.
Pros: Fits original radio slot \. No dash modifications need. Great-Stuff.
Cons: Takes time to install, but doable.
0 of 1 found this helpful
Took about 3 hours to install but I was pretty meticulous. The only hitch I came across was flashing the Maestro interface box. I finally called the manufacturer who told me the instructions on their web page regarding entering the headunit s/n were erroneous and I should enter the entire s/n as printed on the unit label. Once I got past that everything else was straight forward. Quality of everything provided is excellent. I highly recommend you view the installation video on You Tube. Its fast forward format is a little irritating it has some invaluable info.
Pros: Great features. Quality sound Easy to install. Preserves existing steering wheel controls.
Cons: Cable harness labeling could be better. but if you take your time, you can figure it out
3 of 3 found this helpful
Installation took some time but after watching the Alpine video on Youtube I was able to completely replace my stock Wrangler stereo and all the speakers in about 5 hours. Sounds great, works great.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Relatively clean and straightforward install. The style brackets that go on the sides of the head unit are a bit cheesy looking so I covered them in carbon fiber. The harness could be a bit longer so it would be easier to work with but it works and build quality is quite high. The unit itself meets my expectations and the sound quality is miles above that of the original unit. The interface takes some getting used to and configuring everything is a bit complicated (because it has a lot of features). The idatalink maestro works as expected BUT their site is a nightmare: requires an outdated version of Windows and IE because it uses an old technology called ActiveX which isn't the most secure technology. Their site also isn't encrypted using SSL which is table stakes these days. Since there are no other options really, you have no choice. Time for idatalink to get with the times and update their flashing technology to work on windows and Mac. Also the link and connector to the OBD2 connector is just dumb. It sticks out so far and leaves the wires visible. I'm sure I'd break it off with my foot getting in and out of the car. I took the connector on thmy car apart and spliced the wires in from the back. They could easily build a jumper splice and have the installer pull the pins from the OBD2 connector in the back to accomplish this connection.
8 of 9 found this helpful
So much better than the stock unit, and Apple CarPlay is a godsend. Crutchfield is definitely the place to buy one.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I miss the volume knob, but other than that this is great deck. Customization is endless. There's a lot of settings and different options that open up depending on how you swipe the touch screen, so make sure you read the users manual (avail online). Also, if you're going to do the install yourself, watch the videos that alpine posted on youtube. It will save you a lot of headaches. The default crossover settings weren't great, so make sure you adjust before you pass judgement. Once installed, it's a super clean look. Highly recommended.
Pros: Lots of options to customize sound. CarPlay integration. Super cool vehicle dashboard!
Cons: SiriusXM ready (requires purchase of a separate tuner module). Harness can be a pain to squeeze into the space behind the supplied bracket. Bracket has sharp edges (can damage wires if not careful), I would recommend adding some friction tape to soften them up. Default crossover settings: don't use them.
5 of 5 found this helpful
Loved this head unit. Very easy to install, would recommend to anyone.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I have been involved with the car audio industry for years as an install and an avid user and put this in my 2017 JKU. This stereo is great, so what makes it great the install is simple but to make it even easier Alpine has posted a video on youtube that walks you through the entire install, so watch it a few times and go to work. Next, the audio features are endless and can all be controlled by the radio (not just the app like someone else claims). You can adjust Crossover settings, compressed audio settings, subwoofer and the 32 band eq setup. Setting up the iData module was super simple but only works with Windows computers, and you can change button functionality on the steering wheel. I have the UConnect setup and I was so happy to get rid of that outdated system! The internal hard drive was cool but lacked simple user functionality, the lady also talked too much during phone calls just to pick up so I was so happy to get rid of her. Carplay is super simple to use and the best feature, and you can even still use your phone when it is plugged in, to type or search music even quicker. So you are not limited to just the radio functionality. For audiophiles you can use FLAC audio files through a USB device. I have an iPhone so I cannot speak to Android auto functions. I also got the Alpine spare tire camera, which was also simple to install. You can find a video on youtube from Alpine to simplify the install.
Pros: Audio features, install simplicity/video, no dash cutting, and Functionality!!!
Cons: Price, but cheaper than the I209-WRA
4 of 4 found this helpful
I got mine and installed it yesterday, so this is a preliminary rating so far. The instructions from Alpine were a bit vague at times, and even left out steps like the rear mounting plate. Easy enough to figure out, though it'd be nice if they did some finish on that sharp plate, I can feel every little cut today as I type this. I thought it was going to interface with UConnect, but instead bypasses it, and Maestro says the function is not available on this unit when you flash it. All of the functions are replaced anyway with better ones, so no worries. I did realize the subwoofer wasn't even turned on the first time I started it. It seems that when my iPhone 6s is connected via lightning cable, the only way to access the fader/EQ/any audio controls is through their Alpine TuneIt app. This is cool, but takes away the usefulness of being able to change it on the actual screen of the head unit, and now you can only change it on a phone app, then upload it. I'm really not a fan of this, the app could add to it, but instead is more crippling. It's a system that was designed to be more intuitive, with what I've seen of CarPlay on it so far, that part works, and is way better than UConnect ever was. I miss the volume knob of my 430n for quick volume changes, but the buttons work well for the unit and the ones on my steering wheel. Having a button for Siri on the wheel is a huge improvement too. Overall, enjoying it so far, and it's quickly becoming a huge improvement.
Pros: CarPlay is a huge improvement over UConnect. The screen looks much cleaner and clearer than my 430n did. The sound improvement is night and day in clarity and performance. This is how I wanted my Jeep (JKU) to sound, and the sloppy features of the old UConnect are all cleaned up and redone very nicely, with no long spoken menus, and quick response. I really enjoy the customizing options for Maestro. Overall a much friendlier, more responsive, better sounding, and great system for the Wrangler.
Cons: Install instructions were a little unclear. The wiring harness is great, but also a pain to work with in the dash at times. The rear mounting plate is razor sharp on all edges (not uncommon, just unnecessary). No volume knob for quick changes. No UConnect integration, since it'd be nice to at least use the HDD from my UConnect. The price; I like the unit, but think it should be $300-400 less than it is. Audio controls only through the phone app is; face-palm style stupid, seriously.
7 of 7 found this helpful
More details on the Alpine Restyle i207-WRA
Vehicle Compatibility: The Alpine i207-WRA in-dash digital media receiver is designed specifically to be installed in the following Jeep Wrangler vehicles (as of 9/20/2017).
Note: You will will need to unbolt the factory radio's rear-support bracket. Two side-mount brackets and a new rear-support bracket are included to install the Alpine receiver.
iDataLink Maestro Interface: The Alpine i207-WRA in-dash digital media receiver includes the iDataLink Maestro (ALP-MRR) radio replacement interface with radio and vehicle harness. The iDataLink Maestro interface retains your Wrangler's factory premium amplifier and steering wheel controls, as well as provides on-screen vehicle information like tire pressure & battery voltage display and user customizable gauges when replacing your Jeep Wrangler's factory radio with the Alpine aftermarket in-dash receiver.
Flashing the Module: The iDataLink Maestro module must be connected to your Windows PC and flashed with a specific firmware from the iDatalink website. The supplied USB cable plugs into your PC and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply visit iDatalink's Weblink site, and follow the instructions. System Requirements for Weblink 6.0 include:
- Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Administrative rights on your PC
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64-bit version)
- Available USB port
Note: iDatalink Maestro RR is not compatible with a Mac.
Pre-Wired Harness: The radio, vehicle, and interface harnesses comes pre-wired, so all you need to do is plug the appropriate connector in the back of the Alpine i207-WRA, iDatalink Maestro (ALP-MRR), and the vehicle's factory radio plugs. Even the Parking Brake & Reverse Gear connections are pre-wired to make installation much simpler and less time consuming.
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running latest iOS version) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Alpine i207-WRA. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Alpine i207-WRA in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the i207-WRA receiver's 7" capacitive touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze (coming soon), you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the i207-WRA's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Alpine receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Alpine i207-WRA. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the i207-WRA's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The i207-WRA's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Alpine receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio - including Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Alpine receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Other Functions: Within the CarPlay's touchscreen menu is a circular icon which acts like the back button on your iPhone. In addition there is an "Main Menu" icon which exists CarPlay and takes you back to the Alpine receiver's Home Menu.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running the latest iOS version.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Android Auto: The Alpine i207-WRA also supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Alpine receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and your phone's USB cable, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into simple on-screen "card-style" pop-ups that appear just when they're needed. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include:
- Google Assistant: The Alpine receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and the Google Assistant. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Alpine receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and the Google Assistant to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Alpine receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and the Google Assistant. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo.
- Android smartphones with a USB Type-C connector (including the Pixel) may not function without appropriate USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The i207-WRA features a built-in GPS receiver, comes with an external GPS antenna, and is outfitted with a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) wire to optimize CarPlay's Apple Maps and Android Auto's Google Maps. The GPS antenna should be mounted on top of the dashboard near the front windshield.
HDMI Input & Output: The Alpine i207-WRA is outfitted with an HDMI input and output. The HDMI input provides connection for iPhone, Android, and other HDMI enabled equipment. The HDMI output can be used for RSE (rear seat entertainment).
- HDMI Input: In addition iPhone and Android connectivity, the head unit's HDMI input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output, such as Alpine's DVE-5300 DVD player(500DVE5300; sold separately). The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device, unless you are connecting the DVE-5300 DVD player which does allow control from the i207-WRA's touchscreen. The HDMI input supports video resolutions up to 720p. If you need more than one HDMI input, you can purchase Alpine's HDMI switcher (500KCX630H, sold separately), which provides a total of two HDMI inputs and one HDMI output.
- HDMI Output (w/ Dual Zone): The i207-WRA is equipped with an HDMI monitor output for rear seat entertainment (RSE). The rear seat entertainment function independently routes a different source to the front and rear of the vehicle. For example, while listening to the head unit's built-in HD radio or other audio source in the front, HDMI can be enjoyed in the rear with optional rear monitors (featuring an HDMI input) and headphones. The unit's HDMI input is the only source that can be displayed in in the rear through the head unit's HDMI output. The HDMI output supports video resolution up to 480p. The parking brake does not need to be engaged to enjoy HDMI playback in the rear of the vehicle.
Smartphone Mirroring via HDMI: The Alpine's i207-WRA's rear-panel HDMI input can be used to connect select Android or Apple iOS devices with video output to the digital media receiver. With the vehicle's parking brake engaged you can mirror the smartphone device's image and watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) on the digital media receiver's touchscreen monitor. Stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your iPod/iPhone device can be heard through your speaker system without the parking brake engaged; however, there is no song/artist information display unless the parking brake is engaged. There is no touchscreen control from the Alpine head unit; you will still continue to use your Apple iOS or Android device to select content, apps, and control playback.
- iPhone Connectivity: If you have an iPhone 5 or newer with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable (like Alpine's KCU-471i cable), and a HDMI cable (like Alpine's KCU-610HD HDMI cable kit) -all sold separately. The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your iPhone device. Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Android Connectivity: Use Alpine's KCU-610MH HDMI cable kit (sold separately) to connect your MHL-compatible Android smartphone. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones. The Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 and Note II/III/IV requires an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges the battery of your Android smartphone
iPhone Lightning-to-USB Direct Connect: The Alpine receiver supports direct connection of your Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector or iPhone 4S with 30-pin connector through its rear-panel USB port and the included USB extension cable (use Alpine's KCU-471i/KCU-445i cable or the cable that came with your Apple device). The i207-WRA supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your USB-connected Apple device with Lightning connector.
- Head Unit Control: The Alpine i207-WRA lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each category alphabetically. The head unit also offers playback functions such a Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat for stored music files. Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track are supported by many music apps too; not all apps will be compatible. Your USB-connected iPhone will remain unlocked, so you can use its touchscreen to access music apps.
- Song/Artist Information: The Alpine in-dash digital media receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps.
- 1A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Alpine i207-WRA is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/13/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video/Mirror||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Pandora||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
USB Mass Class Storage Devices: In addition to iPhone & Android connectivity, the head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. A 5' USB extension cable is included. The unit supports playback of a variety of audio and video files stored on a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|Media Type||USB (Mass Storage Class Device)|
|File System||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz|
FLAC: bit depth of 16-/24-bit; sampling rate of 8-96kHz
|Video||AVI/MKV/MP4: optimum resolution of 96-720 (h) x 96-576 (v)|
|Max # of Files/Folders||10,000 files/folders|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC tags, & Album Art|
Note: The USB port does not support MTP or AOA playback for Android devices. The USB port cannot be connected to a USB hub or card-reader.
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine i207-WRA features built-in Bluetooth technology (version 2.1+EDR). The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine i207-WRA.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (for iPhone): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the i207-WRA without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP). You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Alpine head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. You can register up to 5 Bluetooth enabled devices with the Alpine head unit, and keep two devices connected simultaneously. That way you can switch between devices a lot quicker without having to un-connect and re-connect devices.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Alpine i207-WRA supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display. The i207-WRA allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the included external mic and your car audio speakers. During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine i207-WRA provides several
ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" icon on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Making Calls: The Alpine i207-WRA provides a variety
of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The
Alpine i207-WRA features full phone book access, call history, and redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact or the telephone number.
- Phone Number Entry: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 31 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can then search the contacts of your phonebook alphabetically.
- Presets & Favorites: You can assign up to 4 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily. You can also make a phone call using the Short Cut function of numbers that you have registered as Favorites.
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (60 total) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: All Bluetooth phone functions are available with or without the parking brake engaged.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine i207-WRA can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the i207-WRA provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title (no Album Art). The i207-WRA even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with song/artist information and limited control (continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music app navigation).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Alpine i207-WRA has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel/touchscreen controls and external microphone. Simply press the head unit's "VOICE CTRL" button to engage Siri and use the external microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the i207-WRA and its microphone. You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine i207-WRA; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Bluetooth Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. You can also select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device. You can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
Pandora Internet Radio App (for iPhone & Android): The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ & Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine i207-WRA using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (4S or newer) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the i207-WRA via the Alpine KCU-471i/KCU-445i cable or the cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, LTE (4G), EDGE, or WiFi. The i207-WRA provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Shuffle Play: Shuffle Play allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine i207-WRA is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, and Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- SmartFavorite Presets + Jump: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. All presets are recognized a SmartFavorites with advanced features like TuneStart, & TuneScan. The Jump feature lets you store your absolute favorite channel so you can jump to it with the press of a dedicated button and then jump back to the previous channel.
- TuneStart & TuneScan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite preset channel on the current band. TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Smart Favorite Preset music channels on the currently tuned band.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay content from the currently tuned SiriusXM channel. The SiriusXM tuner will continually buffer up to 60 minutes of audio from the currently tuned channel.
- Song/Artist/Game Alerts: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text w/ Album Art: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles, plus Album Art. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the touchscreen monitor of the Alpine i207-WRA. The RDS (Radio Data System) is a radio information system for analog FM. The RDS allows you to receive a variety of information such as traffic information, station names, and song information from standard analog FM radio stations.
- Preset & Direct Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search. You can also input a station number directly from the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Quality Setting: This unit can be set to three different FM tuner quality settings - Normal (standard), HiFi (high-quality), or Stable (controls noise).
- Ballgame Mode: In a live broadcast, such as a sportscast, a time lag occurs between digital sound and analog sound. Therefore, when live broadcasts are received, time lag between the real broadcast may occur and this unit can change to analog broadcasting automatically.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CTA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CTA-2006 logo on their product.
- CTA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Preouts + Sub Control: The i207-WRA has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted independently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Built-in EQ: The i207-WRA digital media receiver is equipped with a variety of EQ presets for different types of music, plus a 9-Band Parametric EQ for fine-tuning the sound to your preference, and Alpine's very own Bass Engine SQ.
- EQ Presets: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band EQ: You can create three Custom EQ presets by adjusting the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
- Bass Engine SQ: Alpine's Bass Engine SQ optimizes the sound for all speakers in the vehicle according to the music genre and mood for well-balanced and effective bass sound. Select from six Bass Engine SQ Types - Standard (Natural low-pitched sound), Punch (boosted bass sound), Rich (rich low-pitch sound), Mid Bass (emphasizes presence of upper bass), Low Bass (emphasizes presences lower bass), and Off (bypasses Bass Engine SQ).
Audio Enhancements: The i207-WRA provides Time Correction, Media Xpander Pro, and Source Volume Level to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener. You are able to save three time correction presets.
- Media Xpander HD: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander HD is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander HD makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, USB memory, HDMI, iPhone/iPod, Pandora, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than Bluetooth, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Alpine TuneIt app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android OS 4.0+) is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app from the Apple App Store or Google Play onto your compatible Apple iPhone or Android device and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the Alpine receiver via the appropriate Alpine connector cable (500KCU471I / 500KCU445I; sold separately) or the cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE 4G, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt app turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the Alpine receiver. Follow the simple graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Bass Engine SQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt app must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to the Alpine TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Optional Alpine Restyle Speaker System: The i207-WRA is compatible with Alpines PSS-21WRA add-on sound system for 2015-2017 Jeep Wranglers Unlimited. The PSS-21WRA (500PSS21WR, sold separately) is a dedicated 320 watt 9-speaker sound system with front and sound bar speakers, a subwoofer and amplifier for the 2015-2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, providing excellent sound performance with the top on or off.
Camera Input: The i207-WRA features a proprietary camera input for connecting one of Alpine's proprietary backup cameras (sold separately). There is also a composite video rearview camera adapter which allows you to connect almost any camera with a composite video connector, like Alpine's Alpine HCE-C125 camera (500HCEC125, sold separately). You can only use one or the other; you cannot use both types of camera inputs.
- Multi-View: The i207-WRA's camera input can be set as a Rear camera, Front camera, or Side camera.
- Guidelines: The rear-view camera function also provides on-screen color-coded guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle into a parking space. There is also a Hitch Guide feature which marks the position of the junction between your vehicle and your trailer on the head unit's monitor, when backing up.
- Auto Rearview Switching: If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Optional Spare Tire Camera & Light System: The i207-WRA also supports Alpine's HCE-TCAM1-WRA spare tire camera & light system (500HCETCAM, sold separately); which consists of a rear view camera, LED third brake light, and LED reverse light in a 7" round housing that installs onto your Jeep Wrangler's spare tire mount.
- Backup Camera: The backup camera features a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor (300,000 pixels) and a wide-angle lens (132° horizontal / 105° vertical). Its illumination range is approximately 1.0 to 100,000 lux. The backup camera is optimally angled within the spare tire mount to provide visibility for both near and far objects behind your Jeep Wrangler. The camera's backup image will be displayed on the i207-WRA's video touchscreen.
- Third Brake Light & Reverse Light: The third brake light is 6.25" (w) x 2" (h) and stretches across the middle of the unit to provide extra safety. The reverse light is not only helpful when backing up, but also illuminates the camera's viewing angle in low light situations.
- Rugged Housing: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA spare tire camera & light system is waterproof and dust proof with an IP66 rating (universal standards set for International Protection Marking of products), so it's ready for off-road challenges like heavy dust and water crossings. The housing has a matte black finish with gun metal gray powder coat accents. It has a 7.125" diameter footprint.
- Spare Tire Mount: The Alpine HCE-TCAM1-WRA backup camera system conveniently installs onto the spare tire mount for an integrated look and is easily removed. The HCE-TCAM1-WRA attaches to your Jeep Wrangler's spare tire mount and is fixed using the factory lug nut or an optional aftermarket wheel lock. It is compatible with most factory and aftermarket wheels and comes with three mounting posts of varying lengths, allowing your to choose a post that fits the depth of the spare wheel. A removable rubber cap with a debossed Alpine logo covers the wheel lock in the center of the unit.
Optional Multi-Camera Selector: You can connect up to three cameras (Front, Rear, & Side) using Alpine's KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector (500KCXC250, sold separately). The KCX-C250MC only works with the Alpine's proprietary cameras (sold separately). The KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector allows up to three cameras to be easily controlled right from the receiver's touchscreen. The names of the connected camera systems appear on the main screen, so you can simply select the camera system you want to use. You can then choose the viewing option from that camera to be displayed on the screen.
Audio/Video Input: The Alpine i207-WRA is fitted with one rear-panel AV minijack (3.5mm) input to connect an external AV source.
7" Capacitive Touchscreen: The 7" capacitive touchscreen boasts a 800 x 480 resolution (1.15 million pixels) with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The touchscreen monitor provides a balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so album art, map screens, and videos are seen with greater clarity. The capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays. The i207-WRA's intuitive touchscreen interface allows for 4-way swipe action control - Left, Right, Down, & Up.
- Swipe to the Right to access the Audio and Video commands. Within the Audio and Video screen, you can swipe across to access all your entertainment sources (such as HD Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM (optional), Bluetooth audio streaming, etc.).
- Swipe to the Left to access Preset buttons or the Quick Search mode screen.
- Swipe Down to access the adjustment settings to the Audio system or Rear Seat Entertainment system (sold separately).
- Swipe Up to access Bluetooth and Source Selection.
Note: Conveniently located Power/Menu, Source, Maps, Volume Up/Down, Previous/Next Track, Favorite, and Voice buttons are accessible along the bottom edge of the 7" touchscreen monitor for quick access and simple control.
My Favorites: This unit enables you to recall functions easily be registering frequently used items, such as specific sources, to the Favorite screen. You can create up to 6 favorite screens with up 54 selections (9 each).
Variable Color Illumination: You can adjust the receiver's LCD screen color from Blue, Green, Red, or White. You can also adjust the color illumination of the head unit's hard-key buttons from Blue, Light Blue, Aqua, Red, Green, Yellow, or Amber.
Brightness Control: You can adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15 and the brightness of the button illumination from -2 to +2. You can then select one of the following modes for both the LCD's backlight and button illumination - Auto (adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle), On (keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark), or Off (keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright).
Clock Display: The i207-WRA lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock. The clock is displayed on each source screen and turns off when the head unit is powered down.
Video Lockout: For safety and legal reasons, the i207-WRA features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source (AV, HDMI, & USB) while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position. This also includes advanced setup menus. CarPlay & Android Auto do not require the Parking Brake to be engaged.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine i207-WRA is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RU4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's basic tuner & playback functions.
Accessory Control Ready: The optional KAC-001 External Accessory Controller (500KAC001, sold separately) lets you control your Jeep Wrangler's external accessories - like a winch, light bar, and tire air compressor - from the i207-WRA's touchscreen. The KAC-001 works with up to eight relay-connected accessories. Each accessory can be configured for a pulsed, latched or momentary output. A graphical icon and name can be assigned to each accessory for quick identification on the touchscreen.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
14 questions already asked