About the Alpine ICS-X7HD
Stay connected on the go
Stay connected on the go
We've long recommended Alpine receivers to anyone looking for great sound and solid performance. Now, with their ICS-X7HD digital media receiver, they've given you smartphone junkies and digital-media aficionados a receiver that speaks your language. Not only will it connect to your iPhone® or Android™ phone to take advantage of apps you've loaded, it also comes with built-in Bluetooth® that lets you make hands-free calls and stream music wirelessly. If your phone is equipped with Siri® Eyes Free technology, anything you can do with Siri can be done with the ICS-X7HD. To top it off, its built-in HD Radio™ tuner allows you to enjoy vastly-improved sound quality from participating local AM and FM stations.
The Favorites menu (on the left) lets you access your preferred contacts, sources, and stations quickly.
All of your favorites at your fingertips
Alpine's "Favorites" button on the ICS-X7HD saves your personal preferences, giving you quick access to the features you use the most. For example, you could enter a local FM station, the receiver's 9-band equalizer, a Pandora Internet radio station, your home phone number, and a SiriusXM channel for your Favorites. This feature ties into your Bluetooth profile so the receiver will pull up your settings when you're driving, then switch to the Favorites of other family members when they're at the wheel.
MirrorLink™ connectivity for Android phones
Alpine offers something for Android users too. With the help of an app, MirrorLink shows a simplified image of your smartphone's display on the Alpine, so you can control music stored on your phone, your navigation app, phone calls, and much more. The apps show up big as life on the receiver's 7" screen, so you can concentrate on the driving instead of squinting at your phone. This Alpine works with the Samsung® Galaxy S3.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the ICS-X7HD, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (no built-in CD player)
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" touchscreen display
- MirrorLink™ for in-dash control of select smartphones
- Siri® Eyes Free for voice control of compatible iPhones®
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging
- iPhone® Pandora control through USB
- Android™ Pandora control through Bluetooth®
- iPhone app direct mode
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- 9-band parametric equalizer with 10 preset EQ curves
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN multimedia receiver (w/ integrated 7" touchscreen monitor)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness (has in-line 15A fuse and fuse holder)
- Pre-amp/AV harness
- Reverse/Remote Out harness
- 5' Proprietary USB cable (proprietary connector on one end and female USB type-A port on other end)
- Microphone (attached 13' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- System Requirements (for CD-ROM)
- Online Product Registration card
- "Using Sir/Voice Dial Function" note
Alpine ICS-X7HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine ICS-X7HD
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
7" Touchscreen Display: The ICS-X7HD has a 7" WVGA (1.15 million-pixel) touchscreen LCD monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor, information display, and system controller. The ICS-X7HD has a smartphone-like user interface. Familiar operations such as "drag-&-drop" to move icons on the screen, swipe & slide control of on-screen functions, and animated transitions between functions makes operation simple and intuitive.
- Home Screen + Favorites: You can easily switch to the application or source of your choice from the head unit's Home Screen or Favorites drop-down box. The Home Screen is made up of two pages which displays available sources, applications, and setup menu. Favorites is a shortcut function that displays on the left side of the home screen. You can choose up to 4 Favorite source, application, or setup menu icons for your convenience. You can rearrange the layout of the icons on the Home Screen and Favorites box.
- Media Screen Display: The Media Screen Display provides song/artist information, Album Art, and playback control for your current audio source. The Media Screen Display has two options to select from; Simple or Info Mode. Simple Mode displays larger Album Art with less song/artist information and on-screen operation buttons; while the Info Mod displays smaller Album Art, more song/artist info, and additional on-screen operation buttons.
Display Settings: The Alpine ICS-X7HD offers the following settings to customize the head unit's LCD touchscreen monitor.
- Display Modes: You can select one of the following
- Wide: Evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the widescreen monitor.
- Cinema: Displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically; good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Normal: Displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side.
- Visual EQ Mode: You can select one of the following
preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Off (Flat): Initial setting.
- Night Mode: Suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear.
- Soft: Suitable for animated films.
- Sharp: Suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown.
- Contrast: Suitable for recent movies.
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): Change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness settings in the two user memories.
- Backlight/Illumination Control: You adjust the
brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15. You can then select one of
the following modes for the LCD's fluorescent backlight.
- Auto: Adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle
- On: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark (always dimmed, the degree to which the backlight is dimmed is adjustable)
- Off: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright (no dimming)
- Display Colors: You can choose from four different background colors for the display; Blue, Red, Green, or Amber.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the ICS-X7HD features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in. This also pertains to the receiver's System & Audio Setup Menus.
Front-Panel Controls: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom-edge of the screen. You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
2-DIN Chassis: The Alpine ICS-X7HD has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine ICS-X7HD features built-in Bluetooth technology (v2.1+EDR). The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP 1.0 (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine ICS-X7HD. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Alpine ICS-X7HD without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Alpine receiver (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Microphone: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. You can even transfer calls between your mobile phone and the ICS-X7HD.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine ICS-X7HD provides a couple
ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming
calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music
will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine ICS-X7HD provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
ICS-X7HD features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Direct Entry: Allows you to directly dial a phone number (up to 31 digits) from the head unit's on-screen numeric keypad.
- Phonebook (w/ Percentage Search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. The Percent Search function can be used to search your phonebook contacts more efficiently.
- Shortcut Dialing: You can assign up to 3 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily.
- Call History: The 60 previously dialed, received, missed, or unanswered numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine ICS-X7HD can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the ICS-X7HD provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The ICS-X7HD even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with limited control and song/artist information. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music navigation.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Voice Control for Siri: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Alpine ICS-X7HD has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone. Simply press the on-screen microphone icon or front-panel mic button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the ICS-X7HD and its microphone. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and music streaming information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine receiver; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Bluetooth Settings: The Alpine offers the following Bluetooth settings.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference.
- Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker (All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front Left/Right) outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
USB Mass Storage Class Devices: You can connect a USB mass storage class device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive, via the included 5' Proprietary USB cable. Your connected USB memory device may contain MP3, WMA, or AAC music files; as well as DivX video files formatted in FAT. This unit will display artist name, song title, and album label. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|File System||File Type||File Codec||Bit Rates||Sampling Frequencies||Tags||Max Files/Folders|
Fat 12 |
|Audio||MP3||8-320 kbps||8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz||ID-3 tags||10,000 files/folders|
|WMA||48-320 kbps||8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz||WMA-tags|
|AAC||16-320 kbps||8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz||AAC-tags|
|Video||File Type||Optimum Resolution||Audio Codec||Image Bit Rate|
|DivX||96-750 pixels (h) x 96-576 pixels (v)||MP2, MP3, Dolby Digital||4 Mbps (average) |
8 Mbps (Peak)
USB Playback Controls: The Alpine ICS-X7HD offers various playback and search function for your USB device.
- File/Folder/Tag Search: The unit will display a list of all the audio/video files on your connected USB device; you can then search for a file or folder by its title. You can also search for music files by Category (Playlist, Album, Artist, Song, Genre, Composer).
- Repeat/Random Modes: Repeat (repeats playback of current audio/video files or all files in current folder), Random (random playback of all audio/video files or only files in current folder).
- Skip/FF/RW: Skip (you can skip to the next or previous audio/video file), Fast Forward/Rewind (fast-forward or fast-reverse through a current audio/video file)
- Direct Search: Use this function to move directly to the beginning of an audio/video file.
Note: This USB connection is also used to update the head unit's software, via downloadable software updates from the Alpine website.
MirrorLink (for Android/Nokia): MirrorLink technology offers seamless connectivity between your compatible smartphone and the Alpine ICS-X7HD receiver through its USB and Bluetooth connection. Compatible phones include the Samsung Galaxy S III (w/ Android iOS) and select Nokia Symbian mobile phones. MirrorLink takes the content from your compatible smartphone and "mirrors" this information onto the ICS-X7HD's 7" touchscreen. At this point, the phone's functions are transferred to the ICS-X7HD, for easy control from the dash and allowing the phone to be safely stored away. Phone functions that can be used via MirrorLink include navigation, music streaming and hands-free phone calls. The following apps (Drive Link and Car Mode) must be downloaded to your compatible smartphone before using MirrorLink.
- Drive Link for Samsung Galaxy S III (Android): To use
MirrorLink with your Samsung Galaxy S III, the free
"Drive Link" application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps and
installed on your compatible Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. Once
downloaded, individual apps are grouped into three categories (Music,
Location, Phone) for easy access. Selecting a category lets you quickly
access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as
hands-free telephone communication.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs.
- Location: You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone: The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
- Nokia Car Mode w/ MirrorLink: To use MirrorLink with your Nokia smartphone, the "Nokia Car Mode with Mirrorlink" application ($29.99) must be downloaded from the Nokia Store and installed on your compatible Nokia smartphone. Once downloaded, individual apps are grouped into three categories (Call, Drive, Music) for easy access. Selecting a category lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication.
Note: When using MirrorLink, it is recommended that you connect your mobile phone via both USB and Bluetooth. MirrorLink is an automotive standard developed by the Car Connectivity Consortium.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity (w/ DAC Bypass): The Alpine ICS-X7HD supports connection to either Dock-connector or Lightning-connector Apple iPods and iPhones. Your iPod/iPhone's music will be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality is then maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 100dB.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector iPod/iPhone: The Alpine iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately) allows you to connect your iPod or iPhone to the ICS-X7HD through the head unit's rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input. This type of connection supports playback of audio/video content stored on your Apple device, as well as music and movies streamed to your iPhone from select apps. If you only require iPod/iPhone audio playback, you can simply connect your iPod/iPhone to the ICS-X7HD via Alpine KCU-445i iPod cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the USB/Dock connector cable that came with your iPod/iPhone.
- Lightning-Connector iPod/iPhone: If you have a newer iPod, iPhone, iPad device with a Lightning connector; use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback from music stored on the device or select music apps streamed to the iPhone. These devices do not support video output.
Head Unit/Passenger Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from select apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Head Unit Mode: The Alpine ICS-X7HD lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook; and your video library by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rented Movie. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z) or by Percentage (10-100%). You can even search your music library by Album Art, using the head unit's Cover Flow screen. The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song). You can also access music apps from your iPhone's touchscreen with limited control (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) and metadata display from the head unit - not all apps will be compatible.
- App Direct Mode: App Direct mode requires the use of the Alpine iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately). In App Direct mode, you can watch video on the Alpine receiver's touchscreen from streaming video apps; such as Netflix & YouTube downloaded on your iPhone (3G/3GS/4/4S). The receiver provides limited control (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip); you will continue to use your Apple device for advance operation. Not all apps will be compatible.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod Display: The Alpine ICS-X7HD will display your music file information from your iPod/iPhone's stored music or music apps in Head Unit Control Mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art (when applicable). The unit will not display music information in App Direct Mode.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Alpine ICS-X7HD is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/2/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||App Direct||Pandora/Aha||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- *Requires Apple Lightning-to-USB cable for audio playback only. These devices do not support video output.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text w/ Album Art: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The ICS-X7HD also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations.
- RDS: The RDS (Radio Data System) is a radio information system. The RDS allows you to receive a variety of information such as traffic information, station names, and song information from standard analog FM radio stations.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. iTunes 7.4 or later is required to purchase "tagged" songs.
- Digital MC: The Digital MC setting uses a Hybrid method of auto-switching analog and digital on the main channel, and uses all-digital for sub-channels. Alpine's solution keeps you on the channel you desire, resulting in a better overall HD Radio experience.
- Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Note: More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area. and Aha Radio
Internet Radio: The Alpine ICS-X7HD allows you to access the Pandora online music service through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. You can also access Aha Radio through your USB-connected iPhone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the ICS-X7HD via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I/500KCU461V) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps/Google Play/BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine ICS-X7HD using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS5+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. The ICS-X7HD provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection. New stations can be created based on the current songs/artists playing or a keyword search. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up/thumbs down, and bookmark currently playing songs and artists to your Pandora account.
- Aha Radio App: The Alpine receiver offers compatibility with the free Aha Radio app for your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 4.3+); available from iTunes Apps Store. Aha Radio provides you with up to the minute content made available from the convenience of the Alpine receiver's touchscreen. Listen to the latest Facebook updates or Tweets from your friends. Listen to thousands of stations that include internet radio, podcasts, and audiobooks. Receive traffic information, restaurants and coffee locations personalized to you instantly, safely, and easily. An active Aha Radio account is required.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine ICS-X7HD comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the " SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Text Display: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on the in-dash multimedia receiver.
- Search Functions: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Category or by Channel. You can also directly select the channel number from on-screen numeric keypad.
- 18 Presets: Feature 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18).
- Jump Recall: You can save your absolute favorite radio station and access it with the press of a single button for easy recall.
- Instant Replay: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite programming over again.
- Song/Artist/Game Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs (up to 50) you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24-Bit DAC: The Alpine ICS-X7HD utilizes a Burr-Brown 24-bit Digital to Analog Converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine multimedia receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/2V Preouts w/ Subwoofer Control: The ICS-X7HD has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted differently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Built-in Equalizer: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a Preset EQ and 9-Band Parametric EQ.
- Equalizer Presets (Bass Max EQ): 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can adjust the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
Note: Using a USB memory device, the sound settings downloaded from the Alpine website can be used to configure Time Correction, X-Over, and Parametric EQ settings.
Advanced Audio Options: The Alpine ICS-X7HD provides advanced audio settings to help you get the most out of your music.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander Pro makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. HD radio, USB devices, iPod/iPhones, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
Audio Extras: The ICS-X7HD offers additional audio adjustments.
- Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted.
- Audio Mute: Activating the Audio Mute function will instantly lower the volume level by 20dB.
- Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed.
3.5mm AV Input: The Alpine ICS-X7HD's 3.5mm AV Input (labeled iPod video) can be used as an AV input to connect an external portable audio/video player. Otherwise, this input is designed to connect your iPod/iPhone via Alpine's iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately) and the included proprietary USB cable.
Aux/Camera Input: The Alpine ICS-X7HD is fitted with a rear-panel a composite video jack and a set of stereo RCA jacks to connect an external AV source or rear-view camera. The Aux/Camera Input's composite video jack lets you connect almost any rearview camera (such as the 500HCEC115, sold separately). The rear-view camera function also provides on-screen guidelines (width/distance markers) to assist you when backing up your vehicle. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed. You cannot connect an AV source and rear-view camera at the same time to this one input.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine ICS-X7HD is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4190 IR remote (500RUE4190, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's basic tuner & disc functions.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
11 questions already asked