About the Alpine iDA-X305SBT Package
Listen to Pandora Internet radio in your car
Listen to Pandora Internet radio in your car
Pandora lovers rejoice — now you can dial in your favorite Pandora stations right on your car stereo. Alpine's iDA-X305S digital media receiver works with your iPhone® to deliver everything Pandora has to offer, letting you control the action just like any other radio station. And the iDA-X305SBT package includes an Alpine Bluetooth adapter for making hands-free calls.
Setting up the iDA-X305S for Pandora is straightforward — simply connect your iPhone to the receiver's USB input and turn the stereo on. Follow the prompts to download Alpine's free PandoraLink app, and you're good to go. Album art and song info show up on the big 2.2" display. The USB connection gives you sound quality that's superior to an auxiliary input, plus your iPhone stays charged as you drive.
The stereo's controls work like a Pandora command center — push and rotate the main knob to the right to give a song a "thumbs up," or rotate to the left for "thumbs down." You can also pause the current song, or tag it for later purchasing in iTunes®. Tap the middle of the large jog dial to activate a QuickSearch of your Pandora stations, and you can even skip up to six songs an hour per station.
Note: Pandora is currently only available in the United States.
Simple iPod® navigation and control
This Alpine makes it easy to use an iPod in your car. The big jog dial in the middle works just like an iPod's click wheel. Turn it a little to access Search mode, then scroll line-by-line. Turn and hold the knob to move to Alphabet Search mode now you can scroll through the alphabet to blaze through your lists of artists, albums, or songs. The current song keeps playing, so you won't interrupt the music while you're searching. The convenient "Back" button lets you backtrack through the menus, instead of starting over from the top.
Play your other digital files, too
Put your favorite MP3, WMA, and AAC files on a thumb drive, and you've got an easy way to stock up on tunes for your next road trip. Or play another USB-equipped music player through the USB slot. A premium Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter delivers your music files with the highest fidelity possible.
Bluetooth® adapter included
Alpine's Bluetooth interface lets you conduct hands-free calls with a touch of a button, so you can concentrate on the road instead of fumbling around with your phone.
Flexible system-building options
This versatile stereo works with all of Alpine's peripheral gear, including satellite radio, auxiliary input adapter, add-on USB input, or CD changer. Add an HD Radio tuner, and you can "tag" songs you hear on an HD Radio broadcast for purchasing later in iTunes®.
Three sets of preamp outputs simplify setting up a system with external amplifiers and subs, and you'll appreciate the ability to control the subwoofer's output level from the stereo. For the best possible sound quality, add Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT sound processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit the IMPRINT measures your car's acoustics and adjusts the stereo's settings automatically to create a perfect audio environment.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Alpine, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Information provided by Alpine
- digital media receiver (no built-in CD player)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays MP3, WMA, and AAC music files from external sources
- 2.2" full-color TFT display
- detachable face
- included Bluetooth adapter
- iTunes tagging with Alpine's optional TUA-T550 HD Radio tuner
- optional remote control
- works with Alpine's free PandoraLink iPhone app
- controls for thumbs up/down, skip, pause, QuickSearch, plus tagging for purchasing in iTunes
- skip up to 6 songs per hour per station
- shows album art and song info on the screen
- direct USB connection for better sound than an auxiliary input
- 2-band parametric equalizer
- Burr-Brown 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit
- iPod control: direct connection to USB input for newer iPods (older iPods will need Alpine's KCE-422i interface cable)
- compatible with Alpine's HD Radio tuner, CD changer, satellite radio
- inputs: rear USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer) subwoofer output has bass level control
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Digital Media receiver
- Control panel (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness (10-amp fuse)
- 7.5" iPod dock to USB cable
- 58" USB extension cable (with male USB Type A connector on one end and a female USB Type A connector on the other)
- KCE-305SBT Bluetooth interface module with self-adhesive Velcro backing
- Microphone with attached 9.5' cable terminated by a 2-pin connector (flat screw mount attached to microphone)
- Small mounting clip for mic
- Large mounting clip for mic
- Small section of Velcro
- Self-tapping screw for mounting mic (Length=3/8")
- 3.25' DIN cable with a proprietary 10-pin connector on each end
- 9.5" Power Harness for Bluetooth Module with a 4-pin Molex plug on one end and male 4 bullet-connectors on other end
- 6.5' Red wire with a female bullet-connector on one end and bare wire on other end
- 6.5' Yellow wire with a female bullet-connector on one end and bare wire on other end
- 6.5' Black wire with a female bullet-connector on one end and bare wire on other end
- 6.5' Pink/black wire with a male bullet-connector on one end and a female bullet-connector on other end
- Soft carrying pouch
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Receiver owner's manual on CD-ROM (English/ Spanish/ French)
- CD-ROM Owner's Manual system requirements sheet
- Customer Care registration card
- "To customers" iPhone Disclaimer note
- "To Customers purchasing KCE-400BT/KCE-250BT" note
- iDA-X305S Quick Reference Guide
- KCE-305SBT Quick Reference sheet
Alpine iDA-X305SBT Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine iDA-X305SBT Package
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Android Control||USB MSC/MTP + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Color LCD|
|Key Button Color||Blue or Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
USB Memory Mode: The Alpine iDA-X305SBT features a rear-panel USB port and comes supplied with a 58" USB extension cable. The iDA-X305SBT can play MP3, WMA, and AAC files stored on a USB Memory device (also known as a "thumb drive") formatted in FAT 12/16/32. MP3 files can be recorded with bit rates of 16-320 kbps, WMA files can have 16-320 kbps bit rates, and AAC files can have 16-320 kbps. This unit can recognize up to 1,000 folders and up to 10,000 files. The unit's display shows song, album, and artist title, and elapsed time. If no tag information exists, the display shows the track number and elapsed time. During MP3/WMA/AAC playback from a USB memory device, you can activate the search mode to locate a specific folder or file by name. You can repeat the current track or current folder, and play the tracks in the current folder or all of the tracks in the current memory bank in random order. Additionally you can connect and control MP3 players like the iRiver Clix, Creative Zen, or Toshiba Gigabeat, using the MTP protocol.
iPod/iPhone Compatible: The iDA-X305SBT uses a rear-panel USB connection (58" USB extension cable included) and comes supplied with a 7.5" iPod dock connector cable to connect select iPods and provide ultra-fast digital data transfer so songs are loaded instantly through the receiver. The iDA-X305SBT allows connection, audio playback, control, and charging of your iPod using a USB connection. With the USB connection you get the fastest speed available and a direct digital connection to the unit's 24-bit DAC. Sound quality is maximized by using USB along with the 24-Bit D/A converter, allowing for an incredible Signal to Noise ratio of 105dB. The Alpine iDA-X305SBT is "made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of April 2011):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: You must use the supplied cable for iPod/iPhone operation (the USB/iPod dock cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone will not function). The controls on the iPod are not functional when connected. This unit does support the iPod Full Speed connection. Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
Display Modes: You can view Artist, Album, Song Information and Song Number right on the head unit's display. You can choose between three display modes (Track Number/Elapsed Time, Song Name/Artist Name, or Song Name/Album Name).
Search Functions: You can quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod through Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcasts, Audiobooks, or Composer searches. For especially large music libraries, Alpine created Page Skip to skip your music content list page by page. The unit also offers a Percentage Search function to quickly jump to specific parts of your iPod's music list. You can skip through your music in 10% increments. You can even use Alphabet Search to jump through your lengthy list of music by skipping through the letters of the alphabet. Once you have the letter you want, simply scroll to the exact song. Instead of starting all over from the search menu, you can simply press the Back button on the receiver to go back one step (works just like your iPod).
Playback Functions: During iPod playback, you can activate any of the following playback modes: Shuffle Album (an album in the iPod is selected at random, and is played back in the album song order), Shuffle Song (all songs in the currently selected mode are played back in random order), or Repeat Play (a single song is repeatedly played back). When you are playing a song if you press the back button it will take you back to the place in the menu where you selected the song.
iTunes Tagging: When you add Alpine's HD Radio module (500TUAT550, sold separately), and you hear a song you like, simply press and hold the iTunes Tagging button on the iDA-X305SBT. This iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations and stores the info on your connected iPod. The next time you connect your iPod to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them from directly from iTunes.
Pandora Link: The iDA-X305SBT's PandoraLink feature enables you to interact with your Pandora internet radio account, by connecting an iPhone that has the Pandora compatible Application for iPhone installed. PandoraLink allows you to play Pandora internet radio from your connected iPhone through the Alpine iDA-X305SBT. Pandora is a free, personalized online radio service that allows users to create their own stations with music they like from a single artist or song. To get started you will need a Pandora online account, the Pandora App from the Apple iTunes App Store, and the PandoraLink for Alpine App from iTunes App store (all free). Once you have downloaded these applications and connected your iPhone to the iDA-X305SBT via its USB connection, you will be able to access Pandora music content, playback audio, and display music information with album art from the Alpine digital media receiver. The Alpine iDA-X305SBT also offers unique Pandora functions such as Song Rating, Bookmarking, and QuickMix.
- Song Rating: If you like a song, push in the outer ring of the unit's Double Action encoder knob and twist the knob to the right to give the song a "thumbs-up". If you don't like the song, likewise push in and rotate the knob to the left, to give the song a "thumbs-down" and the song will skip. This provides feedback to Pandora so that you get better music selections catered to you no matter where you are; whether it's in the car, on your iPhone, or over the web on your computer at home.
- Song Bookmarking: The current song or artist playing can be bookmarked to your Pandora account. Your bookmarks can be viewed on your profile page at Pandora.com or directly via the Pandora app for iPhone, where you can choose to purchase the music from your computer later.
- QuickMix: Use QuickMix to create a playlist based on two or more of your Pandora stations. Edit your QuickMix station selections on the Pandora compatible application for iPhone when it is not connected to the iDA-X305SBT.
Note: Pandora is not available in Canada and only available for use in the United States.
Optional Auxiliary Input: With the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable (500KCA121B, sold separately) you can input audio from an auxiliary source unit, such as a TV, VCR or portable unit through the head unit's AI-Net port.
Note: When using this auxiliary adapter, you cannot connect a CD-changer to the head unit.
Bluetooth Interface: With the included KCE-305BT Bluetooth adapter you can make and receive calls hands-free on your Bluetooth-capable cellular phone, and communicate through a microphone (included with the Bluetooth interface) and your vehicle's speakers. In addition to the wireless connection and hands-free operation, you also get caller ID, phone book access, and on-screen call information.
Bluetooth Profiles: The KCE-305BT supports Bluetooth version 2.0 and the following Bluetooth Profiles.
- HFP: Hands Free Profile
- HSP: Head Set Profile
Phone Compatibility: The Alpine KCE-305BT is powered by Parrot for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth enabled cell phones. The KCE-305BT supports select Apple, AU, BenQ-Siemens, Blackberry, and Casio Bluetooth enabled cell phones. New software can be downloaded and installed via Bluetooth connection to your laptop to support future cell phone models.
Note: Not all Bluetooth-capable phones will be compatible. Please visit Alpine's website for the latest product compatibility listing.
Pairing: The KCE-305BT can be paired to up to five Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time).
Bluetooth Phone Operation: The KCE-305BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing and auto answer with compatible phones. You can make a phone call from a contact listed in your phone book using any Alpine head unit's user interface.
- Placing Calls: The KCE-305BT provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone.
- Redial: press the phone button within 5 seconds of ending a call
- Call History: the 10 previously dialed, received or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory
- Phonebook: up to 1,000 entries can be downloaded from your phone
- Voice Dialing: if you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact just by speaking the name of your contact
- Receiving Calls: The KCE-305BT provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming
calls are announced by the received call ring tone through your vehicle's
speakers and a displayed message (Caller name/Phone No.) across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit
- Automatic Answer: set your Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after about 5 seconds
Note: Display of Phonebook, Received Calls, Missed Calls, and Dialed Calls varies from phone to phone and by your service provider.
Microphone: The supplied microphone allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free. The microphone comes with a visor clips for mounting purposes. The microphone measures 0.5625" in diameter and 1.375" long. The microphone has an attached 9.5' cable which plugs into the Bluetooth interface module. The microphone's volume can be adjusted from 0-15.
Echo Cancellation: The KCE-305BT's Active Echo Cancellation technology ensures the highest-quality, noise-free sound when you are on the phone.
Mute: When you make or receive a call, the audio from the stereo is muted. When using the Bluetooth interface, no other device can be used with the mute (interrupt) function.
Speaker Output: You can select which connected speakers in your vehicle to output the sound signal of your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front Left/Right. You can also adjust the volume level of a received call.
Pass-through Port: The KCE-305BT features a pass-through port which allows you to connect an external AI-NET device such as the optional Ai-NET/RCA auxiliary input cable (KCA-121B, sold separately).
Note: The pass-through port is not compatible with an external Satellite Radio or HD Radio tuner.
Dimensions: The Alpine KCE-305BT Bluetooth module measures 3.785" (w) x 1.015" (h) x 4.085" (d).
Built-in AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine iDA-X305SBT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. A total of 18 station s can be stored in the unit's preset memory (6 stations for each Band; FM1, FM2, and AM).
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the Alpine CNP-ALP1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMALP2, sold separately).
- Sirius Satellite Radio: A portable Sirius Satellite
Radio receiver can be connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input
sold separately). You cannot connect this auxiliary input and a CD-changer
at the same time.
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready: The iDA-X305SBT can receive HD Radio signals, including multicast broadcasts, when the TUA-T550HD HD Radio Tuner Module (500TUAT550, sold separately) is connected via the Ai-NET connector. HD Radio is digital FM and AM broadcasting, allowing you to enjoy your same favorite FM and AM stations with digital sound quality. The FM stations have CD-quality sound and AM stations sound as good as today's analog FM stations. HD Radio offers multicasting, meaning current FM stations can provide more than one program stream on their existing frequency. The digital seek function allows you to search for only HD Radio stations if you prefer.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com).
Sound Quality: The iDA-X305SBT uses clean digital connections and a 24-bit Burr Brown DAC (digital-to-analog converter).
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association. All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4-channel (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4-channel (200 watts total)
Head Unit Power Pack (optional): Add the KTP-445 (500KTP445, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445 is compact enough to install behind the iDA-X305SBT. It plugs in-line with the iDA-X305SBT's wiring harness so you don't even need additional wires.
Bass and Treble Controls: The head unit features independent Bass and Treble controls that allow you to adjust each setting +/-14 dB in 2 dB steps. The center frequencies are adjustable (60, 80, 100, and 200 Hz for bass and 10, 12.5, 15, and 17.5 kHz for treble) and the bass bandwidth is adjustable (from narrow to wide in four steps).
Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low and high frequency emphasis at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at low volume.
HPF: The high pass filter (HPF) removes the lower bass from the front and rear speaker and line level outputs. HPF options are 80 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, and off.
Subwoofer Pre-out: In addition to the front and rear 2-volt preamp outputs, there is a dedicated 2-volt subwoofer preamp output with variable level adjustment of 0 to 15. You can select either System1 or System2 for the desired subwoofer effect.
- Subwoofer System 1: Subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting.
- Subwoofer System 2: Subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting; even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
Power IC Off: When an external amplifier is powering all the speakers in the system, you can turn the internal amp off, which will improve the sound quality.
Interrupt Feature: When a device having the interrupt feature (such as a cellular telephone) is connected to the receiver, the audio signal will be automatically muted whenever the interrupt signal is received from the device. The supplied wiring harness contains a pink/black Interrupt lead that needs to be connected to the device's interrupt signal connection.
Imprint: With the addition of the optional PXA-H100 Imprint box (500PXAH100, sold separately) and KTX-H100 tuning kit (500KTXH100, sold separately) a car's inherent acoustic shortcomings can be overcome with the MultEQ feature. Imprint also gives you much more sound adjustment flexibility as detailed below.
MultEQ: MultEQ, developed by Audyssey Labs, automatically optimizes the audio for the listening environment inside your vehicle. The Imprint kit includes the hardware, software, and microphone necessary to measure multiple positions in the car and capture frequency and time domain information from the vehicle's actual acoustical environment. Once the car's speaker location delays are measured, along with the frequency peaks and dips caused by the absorptive and reflective materials in the interior, MultEQ creates a set of equalization filters to correct the frequency response and time domain problems for each speaker in the vehicle. It also removes sound distortion caused by the specific acoustical problems in the vehicle. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision than can be achieved using typical graphic or parametric equalization. The result is a more accurate soundstage and smoother, more natural sound optimized to match your vehicle.
Equalizer: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset for a variety of musical source material. Select from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz & Blues, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop & Rap, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical. You can also save six custom EQ curves you create by adjusting the parametric or graphic EQ:
- 5- Band Parametric EQ: The Parametric EQ allows you to
adjust the following 5 frequency bands in 1/3 octave steps from -6 to +6 dB
at a bandwidth Q factor of 1, 1.5, or 3
- Band 1: 20 Hz to 80 Hz
- Band 2: 50 Hz to 200 Hz
- Band 3: 125 Hz to 3.2 kHz
- Band 4: 315 Hz to 8 kHz
- Band 5: 800 Hz to 20 kHz
- 7-Band Graphic EQ:
The built-in Graphic EQ allows you to adjust the
following 7 frequencies from -6 to +6 dB
- Band 1: 63 Hz
- Band 2: 150 Hz
- Band 3: 400 Hz
- Band 4: 1 kHz
- Band 5: 2.5 kHz
- Band 6: 6.3 kHz
- Band 7: 17.5 kHz
Crossover: The active crossover can be used as a 2.2 channel (3-way; low-pass subwoofer, band-pass midrange, high-pass tweeter) or a 4.2 channel (2-way; high-pass front and rear, low-pass subwoofer). A crossover limits the frequencies delivered to a given speaker, so you send only the frequencies for which the speaker is well suited. The crossover adjusts the high pass filter or low pass filter of each band along with the slope and output level. You can adjust the following crossover settings:
- 4.2 Channel:
- High Pass Filter: the front and rear outputs are individually adjustable; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter: the subwoofer output can be stereo or mono; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- 2.2 Channel:
- Tweeter/High Pass Filter: crossover from 1 kHz to 20 kHz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Midrange/Band Pass Filter: a band pass has both high pass and low pass filters; HPF 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct; LPF from 20 Hz to 20 kHz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Subwoofer/Low Pass Filter: the subwoofer output can be stereo or mono; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
Time Correction: The time correction feature delays the audio signal to the speakers closer to the listener. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance from all speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance of each speaker and subwoofer (6-channel) to the listener from 0 to 132.7 inches.
Media Xpander: The MX (Media Xpander) function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three settings and each source can have its own setting.
2.2" Color LCD Display: You can easily view your iPod Album Art on a High-Resolution 2.2-inch color TFT display and select from three different screen view options on the iDA-X305SBT with great visibility even in direct sunlight.
- Song and track information
- Album Art image and song information
- Clock/Calendar display
Wallpaper: You can select the background color of the display between two types (Blue or Red). Wallpapers can be downloaded only when in USB memory mode. Wallpaper data is available at a website designed for Alpine product Owners. Download the wallpaper to your USB flash memory. Upload the Wallpaper from the flash memory to this unit.
Dual Illumination: You can decide between blue or red illumination buttons on the control panel.
Calendar/Clock Display: Using the View button, you can select the calendar/clock display on the front panel LCD. The clock can be set to 12 or 24 hour display, and the calendar can be displayed as M/D/Y (month/day/year), D/M/Y, or Y/M/D. When the calendar/clock display is given display priority, the time and date are displayed even after the unit is turned off. The calendar/clock display can be turned on or off with the View button when the unit is powered off.
Display Dimmer: The LCD screen and the button illumination will dim when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. You can also turn the dimmer off in the menu if you prefer. The orange illumination wire in the supplied wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit in order for the dimming feature to work. You can also set the illumination of the head unit manually.
Double-Action Rotary Encoder Knob: The iDA-X305SBT comes with a large Double-Action Rotary Encoder Knob for maximum control over all music search functions like QuickSearch for finding your songs or adjusting your volume. This knob can be detached from the face-plate for anti-theft purposes, the display however remains on the front panel. The unit comes with a soft fabric carrying pouch with a drawstring to protect the control panel when detached.
Angle Mounting: Alpine recommends mounting the iDA-X305SBT no more that 35° above horizontal.
Optional Wireless Remotes: The iDA-X305SBT does not include a remote control. It is compatible with two optional wireless remotes; RUE-4190 (500RUE4190, sold separately) and RUE-4202 (500RUE4202, sold separately).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIJACK, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The Alpine iDA-X305SBT Package replaces these items
- MP3, WMA, AAC playback via external device (no CD player)
- works with Alpine's free iPhone app to play Pandora Internet Radio in the car
- Burr-Brown 24-bit digital-to-analog converter, plus USB input for iPod®