About the Alpine ILX-107
Apple CarPlay™ the wireless way
Apple CarPlay™ the wireless way
And now for something new and different — wireless CarPlay. No more cords, no more connecting before every trip. Alpine's iLX-107 digital multimedia receiver features a built-in Wi-Fi connection, so all you have to do is get in and go. The receiver and your iPhone® link right up and you're ready to roll with all the hands-free wonderfulness that CarPlay brings to driving.
Access your iPhone® apps
Looking for a safe, smart way to make use of your iPhone while you drive? Alpine designed the iLX-107 to work specifically with Apple CarPlay, so you can access the apps you need without getting distracted from the matter at hand — driving your car. Your iPhone is already compatible with Apple CarPlay, so there's no need to download any apps.
If you have an iPhone 5 or newer, you can use the sleek, easy-to-use interface to access the all apps you need. The iLX-107 gives you fingertip or voice control over Apple apps like Maps, Music, Phone, Messages, and more. The 7" capacitive touchscreen works just like your tablet, so you'll feel right at home.
Talk to Siri and activate your favorite apps.
Drive smarter with Siri®
The beauty of Apple CarPlay is that it's designed for drivers. It puts important native iPhone functions on the screen, with familiar app icons that are large enough to be seen and tapped on the screen when you need them. Other info appears on the screen in big, easy-to-read text on a clean, clutter-free background.
You can also activate apps with Siri Hands Free voice commands, using the external microphone that's included with the receiver. Siri lets you make calls, compose texts, select tunes, and start navigation without taking your hands off the wheel. And, in turn, Siri can read your incoming messages aloud to you.
Music and maps
This digital media receiver doesn't have a CD player, but with CarPlay, an AM/FM radio, and rear AUX and USB inputs, you'll never miss it. Browse your iPhone's music for playlists, songs, artists, and albums, or enjoy music apps, like iHeartRadio, Pandora, and Spotify®. You'll also see album art on the big screen.
If you need directions, launch the Maps app to find out how to reach the latest hot spot in town. Want to find the nearest donut shop? Just tell Siri. The big capacitive touchscreen allows you to pinch-to-zoom the map display, so you'll be able to pinpoint exactly where you need to be and, if need be, find a place to park.
Easy accessory control options
If your truck or SUV is equipped with an aftermarket winch, light bar, air compressor, or other electrical accessories, you can control that gear through the iLX-107, too. Just add an optional Alpine KAC-001 external accessory controller to your order.
Sleek design, simple set-up
Since there's no CD player to take up space in the chassis, the iLX-107 is only about half as deep as most touchscreen receivers. That means it will fit into more dashboards with less work. It also means that custom installers can get seriously creative when they're designing your system.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars and trucks, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras — and add some upgrades
The iLX-107 offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). The module lets you keep factory features in your Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, Fiat, or VW vehicle that you'll otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out expanded functionality on the Alpine's screen, including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure and temperature monitors. With select rear-view cameras, you'll even get parking guidelines that curve with the motion of your steering wheel.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPhone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" capacitive touchscreen
- designed specifically to work wirelessly with Apple CarPlay
- built-in 5Ghz Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity to your iPhone
- works with iPhone 5 or newer
- enjoy music apps like Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- USB port accommodates Apple devices with CarPlay
- 9-band parametric equalizer
- high- and low-pass filters
- digital time correction
- adjust sound settings using the Alpine TuneIt™ app
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- inputs: rear USB port, rear auxiliary input, rear camera input
Other Features and Specs:
- external microphone included
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro module
- retain factory settings for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Fiat, and VW
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- works with Alpine KAC-001 accessory controller
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ILX-107
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ integrated 7" touchscreeen
- Wiring harness
- Pre-out harness
- Camera/Aux/iDatalink harness
- Mic/SWC harness
- 5' USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 8' cable terminated by proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- 4 Pan-head screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk screws (M5x8mm)
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Quick Reference Guide
- Online Product Registration Card
- "To Customers" note
Alpine ILX-107 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine ILX-107
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||N/A|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||N/A|
Wireless Apple CarPlay: The Alpine iLX-107 is first aftermarket wireless Apple CarPlay in-dash receiver for the vehicle. The award-winning iLX-107 allows you to seamlessly access your iPhone 5 or newer device on the receiver's touchscreen without having to stop and connect a cable every time you get in the vehicle. The iLX-107 can wirelessly pair with up to ten iPhone 5 or newer devices (running the latest iOS version) via built-in 5GHz WiFi and 2.4GHz Bluetooth. However, only one can be connected and used at a time. Once you have initially paired your iPhone 5 or newer devices, the the iLX-107 will automatically connect to the device each time the vehicle is started and without having to stop to take your phone out of your purse or pocket.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running the latest iOS version.
- Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to initially wirelessly pair your iPhone device and the iLX-107.
- In addition to wireless connectivity, you can connect your iPhone 5 or newer running the latest iOS version to the iLX-107 via USB.
iPhone Compatibility: The Alpine iLX-107 and Apple CarPlay is compatible with the iPhone 5 and newer running the latest iOS version. Your compatible iPhone can be connected to the iLX-107 wirelessly via built-in 5GHz WiFi and 2.4GHz Bluetooth, or via USB through the receiver's rear-panel USB port, the included USB extension cable, and your iPhone's Lightning-to-USB cable.
- Wireless Connection: A wireless connection between your compatible iPhone device and the Alpine iLX-107 is made via 5GHz WiFi and 2.4GHz Bluetooth. Make sure your iPhone's Bluetooth & WiFi settings are turned On; plus make sure the receiver's WLAN menu setting is turned On. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to initially pair the iLX-107 with your compatible iPhone device. You will not be able to pair your iPhone when the vehicle is motion or without the parking brake engaged.
- Wired Connection: A wired connection can be made via USB, using the receiver's rear-panel USB port, the included USB extension cable, and the Lightning cable that came with your compatible iPhone device. If you choose to use a wired connection, only use the included USB extension cable for Apple CarPlay. Do not use a 3rd party USB extension cable (proper Apple CarPlay functionality cannot be guaranteed through a 3rd party USB extension cable). Also, make sure to use the Lightning cable that came with your iPhone or an "Apple Certified" Lightning cable (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your iPhone or newer device in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Alpine iLX-107. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Alpine iLX-107 in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the iLX-107 receiver's 7" capacitive touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
Note: In order to use CarPlay your compatible iPhone device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or LTE (4G).
Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
Note: The iLX-107 features a built-in GPS receiver, comes with an external GPS antenna, and is outfitted with a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) wire to optimize CarPlay's Apple Maps. The GPS antenna should be mounted on top of the dashboard near the front windshield, while the VSS wire connects to your vehicle's speed pulse wire to accurately gauge the direction, location, and speed of your vehicle.
Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the iLX-107's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
Note: You can increase or decrease the volume level of the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Alpine receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you.
Note: Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Alpine iLX-107. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the iLX-107's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The iLX-107's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
Now Playing: Tap the Now Playing icon on the Alpine receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Alpine receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen. Current supported apps include (fees may apply):
- Music & Radio: Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, & Vox
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, NBA, CBS Radio News, NPR One, & OverCast
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
Note: Apple continues to add more apps to CarPlay.
Other Functions: Within the CarPlay's touchscreen menu is a circular icon which acts like the back button on your iPhone. In addition there is an "Main Menu" icon which exits CarPlay and takes you back to the Alpine receiver's Home Menu.
7" Capacitive Touchscreen: Through its 7" capacitive touchscreen the Alpine iLX-107 is designed for use in the car with your iPhone 5 or later device (running latest iOS version) and Apple CarPlay. The 7" capacitive touchscreen boasts a 800 x 480 resolution (1.15 million pixels) with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays.
- Picture Settings: You can adjust the touchscreen monitor's color, contrast, sharpness, and brightness; plus save two presets.
- Backlight Control: You adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15. You can then select one of the following modes for the LCD's fluorescent backlight - Auto (adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle), On (keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark), or Off (keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright).
- Custom Background Image: You can set the image file for the opening screen by copying your desired BMP image file (800x480) from a USB memory device.
- Clock Display: The iLX-107 lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock.
Note: For safety and legal reasons, the iLX-107 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position. This also includes advanced setup menus. CarPlay does not require Parking Brake.
Hard-Key Controls: Conveniently located volume, track, home, and Siri hard keys are accessible along the bottom edge of the 7" touchscreen monitor for quick access and simple control. You can adjust the brightness of the button illumination at night with the monitor's Auto dimmer function or manual from -2 to +2.
Siri "Eyes Free" Voice Control: The Alpine iLX-107 provides Siri "Eyes Free" Voice Control via Apple CarPlay and the included mic for a safer driving experience. By pressing the dedicated "Siri" button on the front-panel and using the included external microphone, you can tell Siri what you would like to listen to, where you want to go, and who you want to call or text. The external microphone features a 12.5' cable which plugs into the back of the receiver and comes with a mounting bracket which can be clipped to the sun-visor or taped to the dash.
Note: Siri "Eyes Free" Voice Control only works with functions of your connected iPhone 5 or newer device. The iLX-107 does not offer voice control over head unit functions like audio and menu settings or input selection through Siri.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an 3.5mm steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Accessory Control Ready: You can also use the iLX-107 to control external accessories like a light bar, motorized tonneau cover, or winch when used with the optional KAC-001 External Accessory Controller (500KAC001, sold separately). The KAC-001 works with up to eight relay-connected accessories which can be controlled from the iLX-107's touchscreen. A graphical icon and name can be assigned to each accessory for quick identification on the touchscreen.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CTA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CTA-2006 logo on their product.
- CTA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/2V Preouts with Subwoofer Output Control: The iLX-107 has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted independently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
Equalizer: The Alpine iLX-107 digital media receiver is equipped with Tone controls, a Preset EQ, and Alpine's very owner Bass Engine SQ.
- Tone Control: You can independently adjust Bass & Treble from -7 to +7 in order to tailor the system's sound to your preference.
- EQ Preset: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- Bass Engine SQ: Alpine's Bass Engine SQ optimizes the sound for all speakers in the vehicle according to the music genre and mood for well-balanced and effective bass sound. Select from six Bass Engine SQ Types - Standard (Natural low-pitched sound), Punch (boosted bass sound), Rich (rich low-pitch sound), Mid Bass (emphasizes presence of upper bass), Low Bass (emphasizes presences lower bass), and Off (bypasses Bass Engine SQ).
Audio Enhancements: The iLX-107 provides Media Xpander and Application Volume Level to enhance your listening experience no matter what source content you are listening to.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. Apple CarPlay, FM Radio, and AV input sources will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Application Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than CarPlay or Aux, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Alpine TuneIt app is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app from the Apple Apps Store onto your Apple iPhone with Lightning connector (iOS 9.0+ ) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your compatible iPhone must be connected to the iLX-107's rear-panel USB port and 12.5' USB extension cable via Alpine's KCU-471 Lightning-to-USB cable (500KCU471I), sold separately), the cable that came with your iPhone, or other Apple certified Lightning-cable (sold separately). Your iPhone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt App turns
your iPhone into a sound tuning interface for the iLX-107. Follow
the simple graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound
settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings
in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Time Correction,
Crossover Network, and 9-Band EQ. As you change settings on your
smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the
sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100
different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you
want various settings to use for specific types of music. After
tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server
to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other
user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher
your profile status progresses within the app.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener. You are able to save three time correction presets.
- High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows). High and low pass frequencies can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high or low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can create three Custom EQ presets by adjusting the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt App also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt App must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to the Alpine TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine iLX-107 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
OEM Integration: The Alpine iLX-107 is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR ( 794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Alpine receiver to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, select Volkswagens with factory digital amplifier, and select Toyota/Scion vehicles.
- Retained Features: The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Alpine head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, USB interface, Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). *Retained features will vary by vehicle.
- Extra Features: In some installations, the iDatalink Maestro RR lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist. *Extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Alpine receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Backup Camera Input: Alpine makes it easy to add a driver assistance backup camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) through the iLX-107's rear-view composite video input. The rear-view camera function assists you (the driver) in checking behind your vehicle by sending images to the Alpine receiver's in-dash monitor, showing conditions behind the car.
- Guide Lines: In addition to the rear-view image, the backup camera function also provides multiple on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle.
- Camera Location: You can indicate within the receiver's menu, whether you are using a backup, side, or front camera.
- Auto Rear-View Switching: If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds.
Note: The rear-view camera function is meant as a backup aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera function when backing up. In addition to using the backup camera function, the driver should always look behind to make sure everything is clear when backing up vehicle.
AV Input: The Alpine iLX-107 is fitted with one rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video input for connection of an external AV device like a Blu-ray/DVD player or TV tuner (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
78 questions already asked