About the Alpine Halo9 iLX-F309
Alpine's amazing new way to go BIG in your dash
Alpine's amazing new way to go BIG in your dash
Alpine's known for being on the cutting edge of stereo design, but for their iLX-F309 digital multimedia receiver, they actually borrowed an idea from some newer vehicles — an interface which "floats" on top of other dash controls. Only they went way bigger than anything else out there. The Alpine Halo9 boasts a monster 9" floating capacitive touchscreen to give you plenty of information at a glance. And it's adjustable so you can keep climate controls accessible. Single-DIN (2" tall) dash owners rejoice — this stereo's designed to go into most dash openings, even for many older cars. Add Alpine's trademark sonic capabilities and smartphone integration, and you've got a real humdinger on your hands.
The Alpine iLX-F309 in a 2004 Nissan Sentra.
Works in most dashes
The Alpine Halo9 comes in two main pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 9" touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be a major issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose from five available vertical mounting positions for the screen, giving you the flexibility to enjoy the radio without blocking essential dash climate controls. Your vents might be partially blocked, but Alpine designed the radio to function under typical in-vehicle temperatures.
The Alpine Halo9's 9" display (left) and chassis work together in most single-DIN dash openings — you can adjust both the height and viewing angle of the display to suit your needs.
Get the best view
Once you've determined the best vertical position for the display, you also have the option of changing the screen viewing angle up to 45 degrees forward or 20 degrees backward. This allows you to accommodate for angled dashes or just to get a better look at your iLX-F309's display, depending on its position in your dash. After you've chosen the best positions, four screws hold the display safely in place as you interact with it.
Just about everything you need
There's no disc player in the Alpine Halo9, but it does include several ways to enjoy your media. You can use the rear USB pigtail to attach your smartphone or a thumb drive with your favorite music or video files, or just get to your phone's audio quickly with the auxiliary input. If you've got an optional CD/DVD or Blu-Ray Disc™ player, there's a rear HDMi connection. Rear-view camera owners will appreciate the incuded camera input and distance guidance display. A GPS antenna enhances your phone's navigation functionality.
Alpine's been on the Bluetooth train for a long time, and the iLX-F309's no different. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The Alpine Halo9 supports CarPlay — it integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience with a seamless interface, putting iPhone content at the driver's fingertips with minimal distraction. You'll enjoy easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay. As an added bonus, you can access Siri Eyes Free functionality with a touch of the receiver's mic button, using your voice to place calls, select music, hear notification, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages.
If you're an Android fan, you'll love how Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Save your favorites
Along the bottom of the iLX-F309's bezel you'll find some helpful buttons, including a dedicated microphone button to activate voice controls for CarPlay and Android Auto. You also get a "favorites" button with a star on it, which allows you to save your preferred audio sources, places, contacts, stations, and more so you can pull them up on the screen in a hurry without scrolling through several menus.
HD Radio™, Pandora® Internet radio, and more
The Alpine Halo9 comes ready to play with a plethora of entertainment options:
- HD Radio reception: You'll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
- Pandora® Internet radio: Pandora lovers will love touchscreen control over their stations, including thumbs up and down, bookmarks, and station lists. Just plug your iPhone® into the USB port or use Bluetooth audio with your Android device.
- iPhone and iPod® control: Browsing for your favorite songs is simple and concise, thanks to an intuitive touchscreen interface and the huge display. You can check out song title, artist info, and album art with a quick glance at the big screen.
- Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
The iLX-F309's not only a pretty face, it also boasts plenty of ways to keep your ears happy. You can use its many fingertip-friendly controls to set the 9-band parametric EQ, time correction, Bass Engine SQ, and much more. And it works with lossless FLAC files to give you the full-resolution digital media experience you crave. Pair your smartphone with Alpine's TuneIt app installed with this stereo to get even deeper with the tweaks, save your favorite settings, and share them with other Alpine users online.
More options from Alpine
If you've tricked out your vehicle with add-ons, the optional Truck Accessory Controller enables simple system expansion, allowing touchscreen command of up to eight electrical devices like winches, LED lights, interior lights, suspension kits, and powered bed covers. You can customize the onscreen icons and button labels, so you'll be able to access your devices with ease. And if you'd like to add Alpine's optional HCE-C2100RD multi-view camera, you'll need this 2-camera switcher (not included) as well.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
This Alpine offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle data on the Alpine's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to your Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 9" capacitive touchscreen with adjustable vertical mounting positions and viewing angles
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- HD Radio tuner built-in
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays AVI and MPEG4 video files
- 9-band parametric equalizer with time correction
- high- and low-pass filters
- Bass Engine SQ
- MediaXpander HD
- compatible with Alpine's TuneIt smartphone app
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- compatible with optional Truck Accessory Controller and Multi-camera Switcher
- inputs: rear USB port, HDMI input, auxiliary input, rear-view camera harness
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver (the parking brake must be connected and set, released, and set again)
- built-in internal amp (18 watts RMS CTA-2006 x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- MFR # ILX-F309
What's in the box:
- 9" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit
- Wiring harness
- iDatalink/Camera/Aux harness
- SWC/Mic harness
- Pre-out harness
- 5' USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 8' cable terminated by proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable terminated by a right-angle mono-3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- HDMI connector clamp
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Counter-sunk adjustment-screws
- 7 Couter-sunk adjustment-screws (M4x6mm)
- 2 Pan-head plate-screws (M3x4mm)
- 2 Rear covers
- Quick Reference Guide
- Installation Manual
- Online Registration Information
- "WARNING" note
Alpine Halo9 iLX-F309 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine Halo9 iLX-F309
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 2.0|
|Touch||5Gen and up|
|iPhone||4S and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
|High-res Playback||FlAC (96kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Touchscreen & Steering Wheel Controls
9" Capacitive Touchscreen: The 9" capacitive touchscreen boasts a 800 x 480 resolution (1.15 million pixels) with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The touchscreen monitor provides a balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so album art, map screens, and videos are seen with greater clarity. The capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays. The iLX-F309's intuitive touchscreen interface allows for 4-way swipe action control - Left, Right, Down, & Up.
- Swipe Up to access Source Selection options (such as HD Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Swipe Down to access Audio Settings or your Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE).
- Swipe Left to access Presets or the Quick Search mode screen.
- Swipe Right to access the Main Menu screen.
Note: Conveniently located Power/Menu, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Voice Recognition, Favorite, Previous/Next Track buttons are accessible along the bottom edge of the 9" capacitive touchscreen for quick access and simple control.
Single-DIN (2") Installation: The 9" capacitive touchscreen is attached to an adjustable mount connected to a Single-DIN (2") chassis. The screen hovers over or in front of the dash while its rear housing tapers off cleanly at the edges for a thin and modern silhouette. Various mounting positions allow for the screen to be positioned to avoid features on the dash such as air vents and buttons around the radio. At its default position, the screen's sliding mount is pushed out, sitting at a 90-degree angle and the bottom of the screen is centered with the Single-DIN (2") chassis. At this point, the screen can be angled at select positions to assist during installation, help with visibility, or move it away from other items on the dashboard.
- The screen can be positioned 0.75" (20mm) deep from the default position to be closer to the dash, and higher or lower up to 1.1875" (30mm) from the default position to adjust for height in the dash. The screen position must be adjusted prior to installation. It cannot be adjusted while installed in the dash.
- The screen can be manually tilted up or down, depending on the position of the up/down location. There are four pre-set angle points (45°, 20°, 0°, -20°) to allow for better viewing of the screen. The mounting angle must be adjusted prior to installation. It cannot be adjusted while installed in the dash.
- Once the desired screen position is determined, the screen and mount get fixed to the chassis for a sturdy fit and finish. The 9" capacitive touchscreen is not detachable.
Note: The Alpine iLX-F309 mounts in a Single-DIN (2") opening using the your vehicle's factory brackets or the brackets included with your dash kit (sold separately). The iLXF-309 is not recommended for dash kits with "snap-on" brackets; make sure the dash kit uses "bolt-on" brackets. The iLXF-309 does not mount in a dash using a sleeve or cage.
My Favorites: This unit enables you to recall functions easily by registering frequently used items, such as specific audio sources and most-dialed contacts, to the Favorite screen. A shortcut soft-key on the touchscreen within all audio and phone sources makes it easy to select your Favorite sources or contacts. Easily add, delete, and re-arrange your shortcut icons by dragging the icon(s) to a new location on the screen. Your settings are kept as a personal profile linked to your smartphone via Bluetooth. You can create up to 6 favorite screens with up 54 selections (9 each).
Variable Color Illumination: You can adjust the receiver's LCD screen color from Blue, Light Blue, Aqua, Red, Green, Light Green, Amber, or White. The unit's button illumination will always remain white.
Brightness Control: You can adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15 and the brightness of the button illumination from -2 to +2. You can then select one of the following modes for both the LCD's backlight and button illumination - Auto (adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle), On (keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark), or Off (keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright).
Clock Display: The iLX-F309 lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock. The clock is displayed on each source screen and turns off when the head unit is powered down.
Video Lockout: For safety and legal reasons, the iLX-F309 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source (AUX, HDMI, & USB) while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position. CarPlay & Android Auto do not require the Parking Brake to be engaged.
Note: The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
Steering Wheel Control Input: The head unit features a steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Accessory Control Ready: You can also use the iLX-F309 to control external accessories like a light bar, motorized tonneau cover, or winch when used with the optional KAC-001 External Accessory Controller (500KAC001, sold separately). The KAC-001 works with up to eight relay-connected accessories which can be controlled from the iLX-F309's touchscreen. A graphical icon and name can be assigned to each accessory for quick identification on the touchscreen.
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running latest iOS version) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Alpine iLX-F309. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Alpine iLX-F309 in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the iLX-F309 receiver's 9" capacitive touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the iLX-F309's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Alpine receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Alpine iLX-F309. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the iLX-F309's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The iLX-F309's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Alpine receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Music & Radio: Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, NBA, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, & more.
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
- Other Apps: Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Alpine receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (not included) for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Android Auto: The Alpine iLX-F309 also supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Alpine receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and your phone's USB cable, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include (click here for a list of all compatible apps) -
- Google Assistant: The Alpine receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and the Google Assistant. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Alpine receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and the Google Assistant to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Alpine receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and the Google Assistant. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music,Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo.
- Android smartphones with a USB Type-C connector (including the Pixel) may not function without appropriate USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible. Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The iLX-F309 features a built-in GPS receiver, comes with an external GPS antenna, and is outfitted with a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) wire to optimize CarPlay's Apple Maps and Android Auto's Google Maps. The GPS antenna should be mounted on top of the dashboard near the front windshield, while the VSS wire connects to your vehicle's speed pulse wire to accurately gauge the direction, location, and speed of your vehicle.
HDMI & USB Integration
HDMI Input: In addition iPhone and Android connectivity, the head unit's HDMI input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output, such as Alpine's DVE-5300 DVD player (500DVE5300; sold separately). The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (such as the DVE-5300 DVD player) or the remote that came with your HDMI-connected source device. The HDMI input supports video resolutions up to 720p.
Smartphone Mirroring via HDMI: The Alpine's iLX-F309's rear-panel HDMI input can also be used to connect select Android or Apple iOS devices with video output to the digital media receiver. With the vehicle's parking brake engaged you can mirror the smartphone device's image and watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) on the digital media receiver's touchscreen monitor. Stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your iPod/iPhone device can be heard through your speaker system without the parking brake engaged; however, there is no song/artist information display unless the parking brake is engaged. There is no touchscreen control from the Alpine head unit; you will still continue to use your Apple iOS or Android device to select content, apps, and control playback.
- iPhone Connectivity: If you have an iPhone 5 or newer with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable (like Alpine's KCU-471i cable), and a HDMI cable - all sold separately. The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your iPhone device through a 3rd party 2A USB power adapter (sold separately). Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Android Connectivity: For Android users most newer Android smartphones do not have HDMI adapters. The easiest way to connect is with a Miracast adapter (for example a Roku Stick or Amazon Firestick - sold separately). You can use Alpine's KCU-610MH HDMI cable kit (sold separately) to connect older MHL-compatible Android smartphones (check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones). The Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 and Note II/III/IV requires an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). Newer Samsung Galaxy and Note smartphones do not support MHL. Some Android smartphone will require a MHL conversion adapter (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges the battery of your Android smartphone through a 3rd party 2A USB power adapter (sold separately).
Note: The smartphone mirroring feature requires that you plug your Apple iOS or Android device into a 3rd party 2A USB power adapter (sold separately); do not plug your device into the 1.5A USB port on the back of the iLX-F309.
iPod/iPhone Audio Playback: The Alpine receiver also supports direct connection of your Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector or iPhone 4S with 30-pin connector through its rear-panel USB port and the included USB extension cable (use Alpine's KCU-471i cable or the cable that came with your Apple device). The iLX-F309 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your USB-connected Apple device with Lightning connector.
- Head Unit Control: The Alpine iLX-F309 lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each category alphabetically. The head unit also offers playback functions such a Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat for stored music files. Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track are supported by many music apps too; not all apps will be compatible. Your USB-connected iPhone will remain unlocked, so you can use its touchscreen to access music apps.
- Song/Artist Information: The Alpine in-dash digital media receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps.
- 1.5A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Alpine iLX-F309 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/22/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video/Mirror||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Pandora||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
USB Mass Class Storage Devices: In addition to iPhone & Android connectivity, the head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. A 5' USB extension cable is included. The unit supports playback of a variety of audio and video files stored on a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|Media Type||USB (Mass Storage Class Device)|
|File System||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz|
FLAC: bit depth of 16-/24-bit; sampling rate of 8-96kHz
|Video||AVI/MKV/MP4: optimum resolution of 96-720 (h) x 96-576 (v)|
|Max # of Files/Folders||10,000 files/folders|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC tags, & Album Art|
Note: The USB port does not support MTP or AOA playback for Android devices. The USB port cannot be connected to a USB hub or card-reader.
Bluetooth 3.0: The Alpine iLX-F309 features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for hands-free phone communication and wireless audio streaming. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine iLX-F309.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth enabled devices with the Alpine head unit, and keep two phones connected simultaneously. That way you can switch between devices a lot quicker without having to un-connect and re-connect devices.
- Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the iLX-F309 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP).
- Auto Pairing (for iPhone): You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Alpine head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Alpine iLX-F309 supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display. The iLX-F309 allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the included external mic and your car audio speakers. During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine iLX-F309 provides several ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" icon on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Making Calls: The Alpine iLX-F309 provides a variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine iLX-F309 features full phone book access, call history, and redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact or the telephone number.
- Phone Number Entry: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 31 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can then search the contacts of your phonebook alphabetically.
- Presets & Favorites: You can assign up to 4 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily. You can also make a phone call using the Short Cut function of numbers that you have registered as Favorites.
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (60 total) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: All Bluetooth phone functions are available with or without the parking brake engaged.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine iLX-F309 can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the iLX-F309 provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title (no Album Art). The iLX-F309 even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with song/artist information and limited control (continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music app navigation).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Alpine iLX-F309 has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel/touchscreen controls and external microphone. Simply press the head unit's "microphone" button on the front-panel to engage Siri and use the external microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the iLX-F309 and its microphone. You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine iLX-F309; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Bluetooth Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. You can also select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device. You can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ & Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine iLX-F309 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (4S or newer) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the iLX-F309 via the Alpine KCU-471i cable (sold separately) or the cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, LTE (4G), EDGE, or WiFi. The iLX-F309 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Shuffle Play: Shuffle Play allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Music Radio: You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iOS device through the Alpine iLX-F309. With a WiFi or cellular connection, you can listen to Beats 1, The Mixtape, and other live radio stations. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for every genre and stations they have personally created. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. Apple Music Radio playback is compatible with the following Apple iOS devices -
- iPhone: XS-Max/XS/XR/X, 8+/8, 7+/7, 6S+/6S/6+/6, 5S/5C/5, SE, & 4S - running iOS 9.3.5 or newer
- iPod: touch (6th, 5th generation) - running at iOS 9.3.5 or newer
Note: Your Apple iOS device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine iLX-F309 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, and Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Jump: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. All presets are recognized a SmartFavorites with advanced features like TuneStart, & TuneScan. The Jump feature lets you store your absolute favorite channel so you can jump to it with the press of a dedicated button and then jump back to the previous channel.
- TuneStart & TuneScan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite preset channel on the current band. TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Smart Favorite Preset music channels on the currently tuned band.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay content from the currently tuned SiriusXM channel. The SiriusXM tuner will continually buffer up to 60 minutes of audio from the currently tuned channel.
- Song/Artist/Game Alerts: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text w/ Album Art: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles, plus Album Art. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the touchscreen monitor of the Alpine iLX-F309. The RDS (Radio Data System) is a radio information system for analog FM. The RDS allows you to receive a variety of information such as traffic information, station names, and song information from standard analog FM radio stations.
- Preset & Direct Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search. You can also input a station number directly from the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Quality Setting: This unit can be set to three different FM tuner quality settings - Normal (standard), HiFi (high-quality), or Stable (controls noise).
- Ballgame Mode: In a live broadcast, such as a sportscast, a time lag occurs between digital sound and analog sound. Therefore, when live broadcasts are received, time lag between the real broadcast may occur and this unit can change to analog broadcasting automatically.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Audio & DSP Section
CTA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CTA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CTA-2006 logo on their product.
- CTA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A Head Unit Power Pack (500KTP445A, sold separately) to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preouts + Sub Control: The iLX-F309 has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted independently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Built-in EQ: The iLX-F309 digital media receiver is equipped with a variety of EQ presets for different types of music, plus a 9-Band Parametric EQ for fine-tuning the sound to your preference, and Alpine's very own Bass Engine SQ.
- EQ Presets: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band EQ: You can create three Custom EQ presets by adjusting the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
- Bass Engine SQ: Alpine's Bass Engine SQ optimizes the sound for all speakers in the vehicle according to the music genre and mood for well-balanced and effective bass sound. Select from six Bass Engine SQ Types - Standard (Natural low-pitched sound), Punch (boosted bass sound), Rich (rich low-pitch sound), Mid Bass (emphasizes presence of upper bass), Low Bass (emphasizes presences lower bass), and Off (bypasses Bass Engine SQ).
Audio Enhancements: The iLX-F309 provides Time Correction, Media Xpander Pro, and Source Volume Level to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener. You are able to save three time correction presets.
- Media Xpander HD: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander HD is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander HD makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, USB memory, HDMI, iPhone/iPod, Pandora, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than Bluetooth, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Alpine TuneIt app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android OS 4.0+) is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app from the Apple App Store or Google Play onto your compatible Apple iPhone or Android device and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the Alpine receiver via the appropriate Alpine connector cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt app turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the Alpine receiver. Follow the simple graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Bass Engine SQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt app must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to the Alpine TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Camera Input: The iLX-F309 features a composite video rearview camera input which allows you to connect an optional backup camera with a composite video connector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- Guidelines: The rear-view camera function also provides on-screen color-coded guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle into a parking space. There is also a Hitch Guide feature which marks the position of the junction between your vehicle and your trailer on the head unit's monitor, when backing up.
- Auto Rearview Switching: If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds.
- Optional Dual Camera Interface: The Alpine KCX-C2600B Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC260, sold separately) allows as many as two cameras (including an Alpine front & rear camera - sold separately) to be connected to the iLX-F309.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
iDatalink Serial Port: The Alpine iLX-F309 is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Alpine receiver to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, plus select Honda/Acura, Toyota/Scion, Volkswagen & Subaru vehicles with factory digital amplifiers.
- Retained Features: The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Alpine head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, USB interface, Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). *Retained features will vary by vehicle.
- Extra Features: In some installations, the iDatalink Maestro RR lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist. *Extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Alpine receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Audio/Video Input: The Alpine iLX-F309 is fitted with one rear-panel AV minijack (3.5mm) input to connect an external AV source.
64 questions already asked