About the Alpine Halo9 iLX-F409
A beautiful 9" display that works in most vehicles
A beautiful 9" display that works in most vehicles
Alpine's iLX-F409 Halo9 digital media receiver takes all the things you love about their Halo9 iLX-F259 stereo and adds a couple of upgrades to make it even more car-friendly (namely an HDMI input and iDatalink compatibility). It still boasts an impressive 9" touch display that can fit in most single-DIN (2" tall) dash openings — and it's adjustable so you can still get to your climate controls. It also features smartphone integration so you can roll with your favorite apps, plus compatibility wth the iDatalink Maestro module so you can keep your beloved factory features.
Designed to complement your dash
The iLX-F409 comes in two main pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 9" touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be an issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose from five available vertical mounting positions for the screen, giving you the flexibility to enjoy the radio without blocking essential dash climate controls. Your vents might be partially blocked, but Alpine designed the radio to function under typical in-vehicle temperatures.
Adjust for the best viewing angle
Once you've determined the best vertical position for the display, you also have the option of changing the screen viewing angle up to 45 degrees forward or 20 degrees backward. This allows you to accommodate for angled dashes or just to get a better look at your iLX-F409's display, depending on its position in your dash. After you've chosen the best positions, four screws hold the display safely in place as you interact with it.
Take your entertainment on the road
There's no disc player in the iLX-F409, but it does include several ways to enjoy your media. You can use the rear USB pigtail to attach your smartphone or a thumb drive with your favorite music or video files. The rear HDMI connection allows you to hook up to an optional CD/DVD or Blu-Ray player. Rear-view camera owners will appreciate the included camera input and distance guidance display. And if you'd like to add Alpine's optional HCE-C2100RD multi-view camera, you'll need this 2-camera switcher (not included) as well.
Works with both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
The iLX-F409's compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so you and your passengers can enjoy messaging, mapping, tune selection, and much more from your smartphone without touching any screens. Both platforms work with voice commands, which you can activate by speaking a keyword or pressing the dedicated "Voice" button on the stereo's bezel. You can get stuff done without being distracted by your phone. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Alpine's been on the Bluetooth train for a long time, and the iLX-F409's no different. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Make your home screen more relatable
Along the bottom of the iLX-F409's bezel you'll find some helpful buttons, including a dedicated microphone button to activate voice controls for CarPlay and Android Auto. You can also customize your home screen with up to 3 pages of functions that you want to access — choose among 22 different offerings, including a clock and your various audio sources. You can even upload a photo from a thumb drive to serve as your wallpaper on the bountiful 9" display.
Satellite radio compatibility and more
The iLX-F409 comes ready to play with a plethora of entertainment options, including an AM/FM tuner and USB input. An HDMI output lets you send video content to your car's rear-seat entertainment system. You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
Big-time audio, too
The iLX-F409's not only a pretty face, it also boasts plenty of ways to keep your ears happy. You can use its many fingertip-friendly controls to set the 5-band graphic EQ, time correction, and much more. And it works with lossless FLAC files to give you the full-resolution digital media experience you crave.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
This Alpine offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle data on the Alpine's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to your Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 9" capacitive touchscreen with adjustable vertical mounting positions and viewing angles
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
Smartphone Features :
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- plays AVI and MPEG4 video files
- plays lossless FLAC audio files up to 96kHz/24-bit
- 5-band graphic equalizer with time correction
- high- and low-pass filters
- MediaXpander HD
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- compatible with optional 2-camera switcher
- inputs: rear USB port; HDMI input; rear-view camera harness
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver (the parking brake must be connected and set, released, and set again)
- built-in internal amp (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/45 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ILX-F409
What's in the box:
- 9" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit
- Wiring harness (15A fuse)
- Preout/Aux harness
- iDatalink harness
- 5' USB extens cable
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable terminated by a right-angle stereo-3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- HDMI connector clamp
- 2 Rear covers
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Counter-sunk adjustment-screws
- 7 Couter-sunk adjustment-screws (M4x6mm)
- Quick Reference Guide
- Installation Manual
- "WARNING" note
- Online Registration Information
- Online Detailed Manual Card
Alpine Halo9 iLX-F409 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine Halo9 iLX-F409
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|iPhone||5S and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Touchscreen & Steering Wheel Controls
9" Capacitive Touchscreen: The 9" capacitive touchscreen boasts a 800 x 480 resolution (1.15 million pixels) with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The touchscreen monitor provides a balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so album art, map screens, and videos are seen with greater clarity. The capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays.
- Touch Operation: Touch a button or list item on the screen lightly for selection.
- 4-Way Swipe: Move your finger lightly with a swipe - up, down, left, or right.
- Drage & Drop: Touch and hold the desired item, then drag it to its new location by
moving your finger, then release your finger to place the item.
Note: Conveniently located Power/Menu, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Voice Recognition, Home Screen Previous/Next Track buttons are accessible along the bottom edge of the 9" capacitive touchscreen for quick access and simple control.
Single-DIN (2") Installation: The 9" capacitive touchscreen is attached to an adjustable mount connected to a Single-DIN (2") chassis. The screen hovers over or in front of the dash while its rear housing tapers off cleanly at the edges for a thin and modern silhouette. With five vertical adjustments, four angles, and two separate depths, you can position the floating display in the most optimal position, so you still have access to your dash controls and HVAC system. Once you’ve determined the best position, the iLX-F409 locks in for a study installation. At its default position, the screen's sliding mount is pushed out, sitting at a 90-degree angle and the bottom of the screen is centered with the Single-DIN (2") chassis. At this point, the screen can be angled at select positions to assist during installation, help with visibility, or move it away from other items on the dashboard.
- The screen can be positioned 2.9375" or 2.1875" from the dash, as well as lowered 0.625", 1.1875", 1.75", or 2.375" from the default position to adjust for dash controls and vents. The screen position must be adjusted prior to installation. It cannot be adjusted while installed in the dash.
- The screen can be manually tilted up or down for better visibility. There are four pre-set angle points (45°, 20°, 0°, -20°) to allow for better viewing of the screen. The mounting angle must be adjusted prior to installation. It cannot be adjusted while installed in the dash.
- Once the desired screen position is determined, the screen and mount get fixed to the chassis for a sturdy fit and finish. The 9" capacitive touchscreen is not detachable.
Note: The Alpine iLX-F409 mounts in a Single-DIN (2") opening using the your vehicle's factory brackets or the brackets included with your dash kit (sold separately). The iLX-F409 is not recommended for dash kits with "snap-on" brackets; make sure the dash kit uses "bolt-on" brackets. The iLX-F409 does not mount in a dash using a sleeve or cage.
Customizable Screen: You can customize the Alpine iLX-F409's touchscreen monitor exactly the way you want it.
- Home Screen & Widgets: Use the capacitive touchscreen to move an icon using drag-and-drop motions with your finger. With over 22 available widgets, you can prioritize your 3 home screens so you can quickly find the apps you want. While driving, choose from widgets like Clock, USB images, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Now Playing, Sources, Camera, and Bluetooth functions.
- Wallpaper & Backgrounds: You can change the wallpaper of the display screen from 4 different colored default images (Amber, Blue, Green, Red). You can even add a customizable wallpaper from your photos through a thumbdrive.
- Brightness Control: You can adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15 and the brightness of the button illumination from -2 to +2. You can then select one of the following modes for both the LCD's backlight and button illumination - Auto (adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle), On (keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark), or Off (keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright).
- Clock Display: The iLX-F409 lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock. The clock is displayed on each source screen and turns off when the head unit is powered down.
Video Lockout: For safety and legal reasons, the iLX-F409 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source (AUX, HDMI, & USB) while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position. CarPlay & Android Auto do not require the Parking Brake to be engaged.
Note: The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
Steering Wheel Control Input: The head unit features a steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone 5 or later (iOS 7.0+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the Alpine receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). Apple CarPlay is specially designed for driving scenarios. You can control CarPlay from the Alpine receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Alpine receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Alpine receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (not included) for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Android Auto: The Alpine iLX-F409 supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Alpine receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and your phone's USB cable, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Alpine receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Alpine receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Alpine receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- Android smartphones with a USB Type-C connector (including the Pixel) may not function without appropriate USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible. Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
USB & HDMI Integration
USB Mass Class Storage Devices: In addition to iPhone & Android connectivity, the head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. A 5' USB extension cable is included. The unit supports playback of a variety of audio and video files stored on a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|Media Type||USB (Mass Storage Class Device)|
|File System||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Video||MP4/AVI/WMV/MOV: optimum resolution of 96-720 (h) x 96-576 (v)|
|Max # of Files/Folders||10,000 files/512 folders|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC tags, & Album Art|
- For safety and legal reasons, the iLX-F409 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a USB video or photo file while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video or photo file, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position.
- The USB port does not support MTP or AOA playback for Android devices. The USB port cannot be connected to a USB hub or card-reader.
iPhone Audio Playback: The Alpine receiver also supports direct connection of your Apple iPhone with Lightning connector through its rear-panel USB port and the included USB extension cable. The iLX-F409 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your USB-connected Apple device with Lightning connector.
- Head Unit Control: The Alpine iLX-F409 lets you navigate your iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each category alphabetically. The head unit also offers playback functions such a Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat for stored music files. Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track are supported by many music apps too; not all apps will be compatible. Your USB-connected iPhone will remain unlocked, so you can use its touchscreen to access music apps.
- Song/Artist Information: The Alpine in-dash digital media receiver will display your iPhone's stored music file information; such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps.
- 1.5A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
HDMI Input/Output: The Alpine iLX-F409 is outfitted with a full-size, rear-panel HDMI input for an all digital audio and video connection to an optional DVD player or mobile device. The full-size, rear-panel HDMI output allows you to enjoy the unit's HDMI input audio/video signal on an optional rear view entertainment system (such as an overhead or headrest monitor). The HDMI input and output supports up 480p and 720p video.
- Optional DVD Player: The head unit's HDMI input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output, such as Alpine's DVE-5300 DVD player (500DVE5300; sold separately). The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (such as the DVE-5300 DVD player) or the remote that came with your HDMI-connected source device.
- Mobile Device Mirroring: The HDMI input can also be used to mirror select Apple iPhones with Lightning connect and select Android smartphones that are MHL compatible, so you can watch videos and photos, as well as listen to audio through the Alpine iLX-F409. There is no touchscreen control from the Alpine head unit; you will still continue to use your mobile device to select content, apps, and control playback. An Apple or Android/MHL adapter (both sold separately) will be required to make a HDMI connection.
- Not all source devices with an HDMI output or HDMI out capability will be supported by the Alpine iLX-F409.
- For safety and legal reasons, the iLX-F409 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a HDMI video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Alpine iLX-F409 is "Made for iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPhone model features (as of 3/10/2021):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Pandora||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Older 30-pin Apple iPod/iPhone devices are not supported.
- Apple iOS software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth 4.1: The Alpine iLX-F409 features built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with support for hands-free phone communication and wireless audio streaming. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine iLX-F409.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth enabled devices with the Alpine head unit, and keep two phones connected simultaneously. That way you can switch between devices a lot quicker without having to un-connect and re-connect devices.
- Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the iLX-F409 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP).
- Auto Pairing (for iPhone): You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Alpine head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Alpine iLX-F409 supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display. The iLX-F409 allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the included external mic and your car audio speakers. During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine iLX-F409 provides several
ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" icon on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Making Calls: The Alpine iLX-F409 provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The
Alpine iLX-F409 features full phone book access, call history, and redial
with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact or the telephone number.
- Phone Number Entry: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 31 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can then search the contacts of your phonebook alphabetically.
- Presets & Favorites: You can assign up to 4 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily. You can also make a phone call using the Short Cut function of numbers that you have registered as Favorites.
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (60 total) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone (including iPhone & Android), you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact or the telephone number.
Note: All Bluetooth phone functions are available with or without the parking brake engaged.
Audio Streaming: The Alpine iLX-F409 can stream stored music, music apps, and other content from your Bluetooth source device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). The iLX-F409 will be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. Advanced music browsing (such as song/artist/album search) will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title (no Album Art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Alpine iLX-F409 has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel/touchscreen controls and external microphone. Simply press the head unit's "microphone" button on the front-panel to engage Siri and use the external microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the iLX-F409 and its microphone. You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine iLX-F409; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Bluetooth Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. You can also select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device. You can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ & Android OS 6.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine iLX-F409 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (4S or newer) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, LTE (4G), EDGE, or WiFi. The iLX-F409 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Shuffle Play: Shuffle Play allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Music Radio: You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB-connected Apple iPhone w/ Lightning connector (5S and up) through the Alpine iLX-F409. With a WiFi or cellular connection, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations from almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations and find the music you want to listen to in the car.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine iLX-F409 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List + Song/Artist Info: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
- Category Search & Presets: The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category. Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved for easier access. You can also directly select a channel or station number by using the on-screen numeric keypad.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine iLX-F409 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and preset scan tuning. The built-in tuner provides 18 FM and 6 AM preset stations
Audio & DSP Section
CTA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CTA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CTA-2006 logo on their product.
- CTA-2006 Power Rating: 16 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 45 watts x 4 channels (180 watts total)
Note: Add the KTP-445A Head Unit Power Pack (500KTP445A, sold separately) to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preouts + Sub Control: The iLX-F409 has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted independently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Built-in EQ: The iLX-F409 digital media receiver is equipped with a variety of EQ presets for different types of music, plus a 5-Band Parametric EQ for fine-tuning the sound to your preference. It also offers simple tone, balance, and fade control.
- EQ Presets: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 5-Band EQ: The 5-Band EQ (250Hz/500Hz/1kHz/30kHz/10kHz) allows you to manually modify the response curve and create a sound that is more
appealing to your personal taste.
- Tone Control: In addition to the EQ Preset and 5-Band EQ, the receiver offers simple Bass & Treble control with balance and fader adjustment.
Audio Enhancements: The iLX-F409 provides Time Correction, Media Xpander Pro, and Source Volume Level to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener. You are able to save three time correction presets.
- Media Xpander HD: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander HD is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander HD makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. USB, iPhone, and SiriusXM will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Source Volume Level: The output level (0-11) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than Bluetooth, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Camera Input: The iLX-F409 features a composite video rearview camera input which allows you to connect an optional backup camera with a composite video connector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds.
- Guidelines: The rear-view camera function also provides on-screen color-coded guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle into a parking space.
- Visual Adjust: Visual Adjust lets you can change the picture quality (Brightness, Color, Contrast) for the connected camera.
- Backup Mute: When the Backup Mute features is activated, the receiver's sound will be muted automatically when your vehicle's gear lever is moved to the reverse position.
- Optional Dual Camera Interface: The Alpine KCX-C2600B Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC260, sold separately) allows as many as two cameras (including an Alpine front & rear camera - sold separately) to be connected to the iLX-F409.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
iDatalink Serial Port: The Alpine iLX-F409 is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Alpine receiver to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, plus select Honda/Acura, Toyota/Scion, Volkswagen & Subaru vehicles with factory digital amplifiers.
- Retained Features: The iDatalink Maestro RR/RR2 lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Alpine head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, USB interface, Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). *Retained features will vary by vehicle.
- Extra Features: In some installations, the iDatalink Maestro RR/RR2 lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist. *Extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR/RR2 is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR/RR2 interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR/RR2 module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Alpine receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Aux Input Input: The Alpine iLX-F409 is outfitted with a 3.5mm Aux input for connection of an external audio source device with a headphone or analog output.
The Alpine Halo9 iLX-F409 replaces these items
- 9" capacitive touchscreen
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible; built-in Bluetooth
4 questions already asked