About the Alpine INA-W900BT
All your maps and entertainment in your dash
All your maps and entertainment in your dash
Alpine's INA-W900 navigation receiver offers a distinct blend of style and function. You'll get a sleek, full-featured touchscreen navigation and entertainment center that sits right in your dash, impressing your friends and keeping all your passengers happy. Alpine also includes a Bluetooth® adapter, so you can make and receive hands-free calls in your vehicle.
The INA-W900 features built-in navigation with turn-by-turn directions, including spoken prompts ahead of each turn. A built-in accelerometer allows the navigation system to stay on track in tunnels or around tall buildings that can temporarily block the GPS signal.
With 6 million preloaded points of interest, you'll find local hotels, gas stations, or ATMs with ease. And you can even navigate while you listen to your tunes — Alpine's GuideView feature flashes an alert on the audio screen before your next turn comes up, so you don't have to sacrifice your entertainment for accurate directions. You can update your maps through the SD™-card slot behind the receiver's face.
Bluetooth® adapter included
Alpine's Bluetooth interface lets you conduct hands-free calls with a touch of a button, so you can concentrate on the road instead of fumbling around with your phone.
Alpine designed the INA-W900 for superb sound quality. A high-resolution 24-bit digital-to-analog converter delivers clean, crisp sound, imparting a sense of realism that makes your driver's seat the best seat in the house. The built-in amplifier punches out a healthy 18 watts RMS by four channels, or you can add Alpine's TP-445 Power Pack to upgrade your power to 45 watts RMS by 4 channels. Tweak your system to perfection with Alpine's optional PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor and the KTX-H100 tuning kit. The IMPRINT measures your car's acoustics and adjusts the stereo's settings automatically to create a perfect the perfect listening space.
Plug your iPod® or iPhone® into the USB slot, and you'll enjoy access to your favorite playlists and albums. Load up a thumb drive or recordable disc with music files the INA-W900 will play them both, so you can bring thousands more tunes on the road with you. You can also add an HD Radio tuner or satellite radio for more listening options.
Beautiful touchscreen display
The intuitive 7" touchscreen offers customizable styles and colors, so you can adjust the look to your taste. Large, easy-to-see graphics let you tap your way easily through various menus and options. You can view DVDs on the sharp screen up front while you're parked, or connect a back seat monitor so your passengers can enjoy movies while you're driving. An optional rear-view camera gives you a clear view of what's behind you, great for larger vehicles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Hands-on Research for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Bluetooth note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Alpine, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
- DVD/navigation receiver with 7" touchscreen and internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- included Bluetooth adapter
- optional remote control
- plays DVD Video (including two-layer), DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW
- plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files on CD and DVD
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit
- built-in iPod control via USB input
- compatible with Alpine HD Radio tuner, satellite radio, and CD changer
- inputs: USB input, A/V input, rear camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- 2-DIN Multimedia Navigation Receiver with 7.0" widescreen LCD monitor
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Power harness (has in-line 10A fuse and fuse holder)
- Pre-amp output harness
- A/V input/output harness
- Rearview camera input harness
- 78" USB extension cable (female USB Type-A port on one end and male USB Type-A plug on the other)
- USB extension lock case
- 78" A/V extension cable (male mini-plug on one end and female mini-jack on the other)
- 1' iPod dock to USB/mini-plug adapter cable
- Rear view camera input harness
- Bluetooth interface module (INA-W900BT BOX)
- Microphone with attached 13' cable terminated by a 2-pin connector
- 6.5' DIN cable with a proprietary 13-pin connector on each end
- 6.5' Power/Ground harness
- GPS Antenna with attached 16.5' cable
- Waterproof antenna pad
- 5 Self-adhesive cable clips
- Self-adhesive antenna mounting plate (2-3/4" square)
- 2 Removal keys
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Adhesive seals
- Owner's manual CD-ROM (Eng/ Fre/ Spa)
- Quick reference guide (Eng/ Fre/ Spa)
- Installation guide (Eng/ Fre/ Spa)
- Customer care registration card
- CD-ROM requirements/ instructions
Alpine INA-W900BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine INA-W900BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (r)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
Motorized 7.0" Wide Touch Screen Display: The INA-W900BT has a motorized 7.0" touch screen monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor and system information display. The unit's touch screen provides audible and visual confirmation of commands. For better visibility you can adjust the monitor's angle; choose flat or one of five settings angled upward.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the INA-W900BT features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in.
Display Modes: You can select one of the following display modes:
- Mode 1 (Wide): evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the widescreen monitor
- Mode 2 (Cinema): displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically; good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio
- Mode 3 (Normal): displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side
TV Screen Mode: This feature allows you to select the aspect ratio of any back seat monitor(s); choose from 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan and Scan, 16:9 Widescreen.
Visual EQ Mode: You can select one of the following preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Night Mode: suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear
- Soft: suitable for animated films
- Sharp: suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown
- Contrast: suitable for recent movies
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness settings in the two user memories
Illumination Control: You can select one of the following settings for the LCD's fluorescent backlight:
- Auto: adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle
- On: keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark (always dimmed, the degree to which the backlight is dimmed is adjustable)
- Off: keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright (no dimming)
Button Lighting Dimmer: You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
Background Screen: You can choose from four different background colors for the display; Blue, Red, Green, or Amber.
Flash Memory Navigation: Alpine has the Navteq map database loaded in its internal flash memory; the maps cover the entire United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The database provides approximately 6 million points-of-interest (POIs) in various categories throughout the coverage area. You can search for a POI near your current location, near your destination, along your current route, or near a specific city.
Positioning Technology: The INA-W900BT uses Alpine's OnPoint Advanced GPS Positioning, ensuring your vehicle stays accurately positioned on the map even in areas where it's difficult to receive GPS reception, such as in a tunnel or around tall buildings. OnPoint simultaneously uses three technologies - satellite-linked positioning data, gyro sensor technology (to determine the vehicle's direction) and accelerometer technology (to gauge the vehicle's speed) - resulting in continuous coverage of the location of your vehicle.
Voice Guidance/Text to Speech: In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the INA-W900BT provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions, capable of text-to-speech (TTS), announcing the street names along with the turn directions. Directions can be announced in English, French, or Spanish.
Map Orientation: The INA-W900BT provides three Map Orientations, choose from North Up, Heading Up, or 3D View:
- North Up: north is always at the top of the display; this makes it easy to determine your current heading with respect to the map
- Heading Up: the current direction is always pointing to the top of the display; this makes it easy to see the direction of the next turn on the map
- 3D View: offers you a more realistic perspective by tilting the map and displaying it with a horizon line; streets are displayed as you approach them instead of from a birds-eye view
Map Color: The INA-W900BT offers 12 color settings for the map screen.
Setting A Destination: The Alpine INA-W900BT offers several ways to select a destination:
- Home: save your home address so you can quickly navigate to your house from anywhere
- Address: enter a specific street address as your destination; Alpine's Smart Key Filtering program highlights only the possible next letters as you spell street names, city names, or POI names
- Places (POI): select from approximately 6 million Point-of-Interest (POI) locations stored on the flash drive; destinations are sorted by POI Name or by POI Category and are listed in order of distance from your current location; search near your current location, near your destination, along your current route, or near a specific city
- History: choose from recent destinations
- Address Book: save frequented locations in the unit's address book to quickly add as a destination
- Intersection: enter a street name (you can first enter a city) and choose from the intersecting streets
- Coordinates: enter Latitude and Longitude coordinates as your destination
Route Calculations: Navigation settings allow you to have the unit calculate routes based on quickest time or shortest route. You can also avoid highways, toll roads, and ferries.
Waypoints: You can set up to three waypoints between your current location and your destination. The final destination must be set before entering any waypoints.
GuideView Window: Alpine's GuideView Window gives you a picture-in-picture navigation window while the unit is in audio display mode. The GuideView Window displays the next maneuver as you head towards your destination. When you are not routing towards a specific destination, the GuideView Window displays a digital compass, the street you're on, and the city/state you're in, allowing you to view and control your music playback and still see your next turn.
Map Updates: Future mapping and Point of Interest information updates are likely to be available from Alpine and are input using the SD card slot above the DVD slot behind the touch screen (the SD card slot only used for navigation updates).
24-Bit DAC: The INA-W900BT utilizes the latest Burr-Brown 24-bit Digital to Analog Converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
Dolby Digital and DTS Compatibility: The INA-W900BT can perform 2-channel Dolby Digital and DTS decoding when playing back a DVD through its analog outputs (multi-channel soundtracks are down-mixed to 2-channel).
Bass and Treble Controls: Without an external processor, the head unit features independent Bass and Treble controls. Each can be adjusted as follows:
- Bass Center Frequency: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz
- Bass Band Width: four options from 1 (narrow) to 4 (wide)
- Bass Level: select from -7 to +7 (+/-14 dB in 2 dB steps)
- Treble Center Frequency: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz
- Treble Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14 dB in 2 dB steps)
Loudness: The Loudness feature introduces a special low and high frequency emphasis at low listening levels. This compensates for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at lower volumes.
Subwoofer Control: The INA-W900BT features a dedicated subwoofer preamp output with user level adjustment between 0 to 15.
High Pass Filter: The receiver features independent high-pass filters for the front and rear outputs, both speaker level and preamp; select from Off (full range), 80, 120, or 160Hz.
Rear Entertainment Function: The rear entertainment function independently routes different sources to the front and rear of the vehicle. For example, while listening to the radio or other audio source in the front, a DVD can be enjoyed in the rear with an optional rear monitor and headphones; the rear zone signals are passed by RCA composite video and stereo RCA preamp audio connections.
Interrupt Feature (NAV.MIX): The volume of the voice guidance commands from the navigation system is adjustable, relative to the main volume.
IMPRINT Sound Upgradeable: The INA-W900BT is IMPRINT ready. Simply add the Alpine IMPRINT PXA-H100 audio processor (500PXAH100, sold separately) and the Alpine KTX-H100 tuning kit (500KTXH100, sold separately) for automatic sound tuning or powerful manual tuning options. IMPRINT automatically measures the entire listening area, capturing time domain and frequency response information from each listening location to process and improve the sound at every seat in your vehicle. Precise control and corrections yield enhanced sound so you can enjoy an optimal listening experience. The IMPRINT audio processor allows you to customize your crossover adjustments so you can control where you send your high and low frequencies. It also provide detailed equalizer adjustments.
AM/FM Tuner: The unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with two FM bands and one AM band.
Preset Tuning: You can preset up to six stations for each band giving you a total of 12 FM presets and 6 AM presets. The unit's tuner can also automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional satellite radio receiver to this unit:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the Alpine CNP-ALP1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMALP2, sold separately).
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via the auxiliary input.
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready: The INA-W900BT can receive HD Radio signals when the TUA-T550HD HD Radio Tuner Module (item number 500TUAT550, sold separately) is connected via the Ai-NET connector. While receiving HD Radio, the unit can seek both analog and digital signals, or you can switch to seek only the digital signals. When used with the compatible HD Radio Tuner, the INA-W900BT supports Multicasting, which is the ability to broadcast multiple programs streams over a single FM frequency, thereby increasing the amount and diversity of content choices.
Compatible Discs: The unit's integrated disc drive will play back DVD Video (including two-layer), DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW discs.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: This unit can play CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs containing MP3, WMA, and AAC files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats; constant and variable bit rates from 32 kbps to 320 kbps are supported for MP3, 48 kbps to 192 kbps for WMA, and 16-320 kbps for AAC. Recordings made using Track At Once or packet writing cannot be correctly played back. ID tags are supported; track title, artist name, and album name up to 128 characters.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Step/Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time or in slow motion (1/8 or 1/2 speed), forward or backward. No audio is played during slow motion playback.
Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: You can view a DVD in double speed in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touch screen for more than 1 second. If held for 5 or more seconds, playback at 8x speed in the selected direction will begin. If held for 10 or more seconds, playback at 21x speed will begin.
Repeat Playback: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current title or the current chapter. When playing a CD, you can repeat the current track (the disc repeats automatically).
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 1-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Audio/Video Input: Stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack are provided for connecting an external video source such as a VCR, DVD player, or video game.
Audio/Video Output: Stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack are provided for feeding A/V signals to an optional video monitor. When the Rear Entertainment Function is used and these jacks are connected to a rear seat entertainment system (e.g. a rear seat monitor and wireless headphones), your rear seat passengers can view/listen to a different source than the one selected for the front passengers.
Rear Camera Input: A proprietary rearview camera input on the rear panel is designed for use with the Alpine HCE-C107D camera (item number 500HCE107D, sold separately). A composite video adapter is also included so the input can be used with most current rearview cameras. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the reverse lead to the vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
USB Memory: You can play MP3, WMA, or AAC files stored on a USB memory device. The USB connection will also allow you to control and playback MP3 and WMA files on some portable players. During playback, the display shows song, album, and artist title, and elapsed time. If no tag information exists, the display shows the track number and elapsed time. When connected, music files are automatically divided into Banks of 1,000 songs each; the maximum recognizable number of files is 10,000. You can repeat the current track, and play the tracks in the current category or all of the tracks in memory in random order.
iPod Interface: The INA-W900BT allows you to connect an iPod using the supplied adapter cable. With the USB connection you get the fastest speed available and a direct digital connection to the unit's 24-bit DAC when playing audio files. The controls on the iPod are not functional once connected. The INA-W900BT supports audio/video transfer from iPod video, iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch. You can quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod through Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, and Audio Book searches. You can view Artist, Album, and Song information, as well as the song number and elapsed time on the head unit's display. The unit also supports Repeat and Shuffle playback modes. The Alpine INA-W900BT is Made for iPod and Works with iPhone compatible and supports the following iPod model features (as of November 2011):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth Module: The included hide-away Bluetooth module (INA-W900BT BT BOX) enables Bluetooth hands-free communication from your compatible Bluetooth enabled cell phone. You get full on-screen control and full hands-free functionality from your Bluetooth compatible cell phone.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a wireless technology allowing communication between a mobile device over short distances. This enables a hands-free call or data transmission between Bluetooth compatible devices. Bluetooth transmission is available in the unlicensed 2.4GHz spectrum if the distance between devices is within 33 feet (10 meters).
Bluetooth Compatibility: The included Bluetooth module supports Bluetooth version 2.0 and the following Bluetooth Profiles.
- HFP: Hands Free Profile
- HSP: Head Set Profile
Phone Compatibility: The included Bluetooth module is powered by Parrot for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth enabled cell phones. The KCE-400BT supports select Apple, AU, BenQ-Siemens, Blackberry, and Casio Bluetooth enabled cell phones. New software can be downloaded and installed via Bluetooth connection to your laptop to support future cell phone models.
Note: Not all Bluetooth-capable phones will be compatible.
Pairing: The Bluetooth module can be paired to up to five Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time).
Bluetooth Phone Operation: The INA-W900BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and auto answer with compatible phones. The Alpine INA-W900BT offers the following hands-free communication answer and dialing features.
- Placing Calls: The INA-W900BT provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone.
- Direct Dial: direct 12-key dialing from the multimedia head unit's touchscreen
- Phonebook: up to 1,000 entries can be downloaded from your phone
- Redial: press the phone button within 5 seconds of ending a call
- Call History: the 10 previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory
- Voice Dialing: if you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact just by speaking the name of your contact
- Call Switch: while making a call, this function allows you to initiate a transfer of the audio between your mobile phone and the speakers in your car
- Receiving Calls: The INA-W900BT provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming
call are announced by the received call ring tone through your vehicle's
speakers and a displayed message (Caller name/Phone No.) across the Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on the Alpine head unit
- Automatic Answer: set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after about 5 seconds
Note: Display of Phonebook, Received Calls, Missed Calls and Dialed Calls varies from phone to phone and by your service provider.
Microphone: The supplied microphone allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free. The microphone comes with a visor clips for mounting purposes. The microphone measures 0.5625" in diameter and 1.375" long. The microphone has an attached 13' cable which plugs into the Bluetooth interface module. The microphone's volume can be adjusted from 0-15.
Echo Cancellation: The Active Echo Cancellation technology ensures the highest-quality, noise-free sound when you are on the phone.
Mute: When you make or receive a call, the audio from the stereo is muted. When using the Bluetooth interface, no other device can be used with the mute (interrupt) function.
Speaker Output: You can select which connected speakers in your vehicle to output the sound signal of your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front Left/Right. You can also adjust the volume level of a received call.
Bluetooth Streaming Audio (optional): Using the optional Alpine KCE-400BT Bluetooth Interface Module (500KCE400B, sold separately), you will be able to listen to songs stored on your phone through the Alpine INA-W900BT with Streaming Audio support (A2DP or AVRCP). You can even get on-screen song info, play/pause, and track up/down functions on AVRCP enabled phones.
- A2DP: Allows you to listen to the music from your cell phone and displays basic song information on-screen, such as title and artist.
- AVRCP: Allows you to listen to the music from your cell phone with basic control such as play/pause and track up/down of the music on your cell phone.
IR Remote: In addition to the unit's touch screen and hard-key controls, the INA-W900BT has an IR remote sensor, for use with an optional wireless remote control (item numbers 500RUE4190 and 500RUE4202, both sold separately).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIJACK, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.