About the Alpine INE-W970HD
GPS, better sound, and phone integration from Alpine
GPS, better sound, and phone integration from Alpine
When it comes to choosing touchscreen radios, it makes sense to consider cost versus features. Alpine's INE-W970HD navigation receiver makes a solid case for itself with both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® compatibility, plus built-in GPS directions for those times when your phone reception isn't up to par. And if those features plus legendary Alpine sonic upgrades weren't enough for you, it adds CD/DVD playback and plenty of media connections. For the radio fans, it offers a built-in HD Radio™ tuner and compatibility with SiriusXM satellite radio.
Works with both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
The INE-W970HD's compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so you and your passengers can enjoy messaging, mapping, tune selection, and much more from your smartphone without touching any screens. Both platforms work with voice commands, which you can activate by speaking a keyword or pressing the dedicated "Voice" button on the stereo's bezel. You can get stuff done without being distracted by your phone. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Stay on course with GPS directions
Alpine's navigation features start with detailed maps for the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You'll hear spoken directions with actual street names announced at turns. As you approach your next maneuver, the map automatically zooms to give you a better view. You can even change the display to show 3D terrain views or to incorporate 3D representations of buildings and landmarks. Lane guidance and junction view provide additional assurance for complicated interchanges.
A sharp screen and smart connections
The INE-W970HD boasts a beautiful 6.5" touchscreen, providing an easy-to-use home for your entertainment and information needs. You can see album artwork and song titles in a jiffy, or glean directions from the map without having to squint. Two USB inputs let you hook up a phone to one and a thumb drive with music or movies to the other at the same time. The HDMI input allows for smartphone mirroring with select Android devices, or you can add an external media source, like a Blu-ray player or game system. Two camera inputs let you see even more around your vehicle in tight situations.
Old-school disc owner? Play 'em to your heart's delight
Streaming might be the future for some, but many folks still enjoy the smartphone-free convenience of playing store-bought CDs or burned discs full of files. The INE-W970 lets you travel with all kinds of file formats, and you can enjoy CD-quality sound (or better) from the driver's seat. If you and your passengers want to catch a movie while parked, you can send the video signal from the stereo to your vehicle's rear-seat entertainment system.
HD Radio™, Pandora® Internet radio, and more
The INE-W970HD offers a wide variety of entertainment options in addition to the disc player:
- HD Radio reception: You'll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
- Pandora Internet radio and iPhone and iPod® control: Easy on-screen control through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and you can also control Pandora through Bluetooth with your Android device if your device isn't connected.
- Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
Trademark Alpine sound improvements
The receiver's 24-bit digital-to-analog converter provides excellent sonic reproduction for all your CDs and digital media sources, while the Time Correction feature lets you focus the stereo image for the driver's seat. Alpine's MediaXpander Pro technology makes your compressed audio sources sound as good as possible. Plus, you can customize the sound for your vehicle, including upholstery type, number of speakers, and speaker locations, for the optimum tuning settings. Alpine includes a Bass Boost direct key to let you pump the low end when the tune is calling for it.
Tweak your audio with the TuneIt app
The INE-W970HD also works with Alpine's TuneIt smartphone app, which is a real time-saver for making audio fixes. For starters, it allows you to create a user profile with info about your vehicle and Alpine system, including speakers and subs. You can then follow simple instructions for adjusting sound settings for your specific vehicle (if available), or choose from pre-made settings within the app designed by Alpine for both the vehicle and your speakers.
You can use your phone's touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction with just a fingertip. You can then share your system and settings with other TuneIt app users, and see what they've done as well. You can link your TuneIt account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.5" resistive touchscreen
- built-in GPS navigation
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- smartphone mirroring with select Android devices
- HDMI/MHL cable required for viewing video content from compatible Android devices
- built-in navigation system with 3D representations of buildings, landmarks, and terrain
- maps of United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, plus 7 million points of interest
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance and junction view
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- 9-band parametric equalizer
- Time Correction feature for a stronger stereo image
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- MediaXpander Pro compensates for compressed music sources
- compatible with Alpine PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor and RUX-C800 controller
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt app for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear HDMI input; 2 rear USB inputs; rear A/V input; two camera inputs
- outputs: auxiliary output (rear); 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/45 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INE-W970HD
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine INE-W970HD
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple,Google,Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google,Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|