About the Alpine INE-W987HD
No discs? No problem with this Alpine nav stereo
No discs? No problem with this Alpine nav stereo
When you're on the go, you don't have time to stop to switch out discs for your favorite tunes, or to let a lack of cell service keep you from finding your way around. Alpine's INE-W987HD navigation receiver keeps you connected with smartphone integration and audio delights galore, while its built-in navigation ensures you're always on the right path. Its improved interface lets you find the functions you want even quicker, and you can take in album artwork and maps in a flash on the stereo's 7" display. And, since it doesn't offer a disc player, it can fit into most vehicles with 4" tall dash openings.
Works with both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
The INE-W987's compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so you and your passengers can enjoy messaging, mapping, tune selection, and much more from your smartphone without touching any screens. Both platforms work with voice commands, which you can activate by speaking a keyword or pressing the dedicated "Voice" button on the stereo's bezel. You can get stuff done without being distracted by your phone. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Improved user interface
Alpine had a real winner on their hands with 2017's INE-W977HD navigation receiver, but they've found a way to make things even easier on drivers with this stereo. The response time to commands is much quicker, so you're never behind the action. And the user interface's upgraded to get you to your preferred display even faster, so you don't feel like you're wasting time.
Four-way swipe control lets you immediately pull up navigation, Bluetooth®, entertainment sources, or settings, while dedicated hard keys also help you find the right screen with ease. And the INE-W987's capacitive 7" touchscreen gives you pinch-to-zoom command of your maps and other screens, so you're able to get the best view.
Take a trip nearly anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, and you'll enjoy detailed road maps and over seven million included points of interest. You'll also have time-saving assistants like lane guidance, realistic views of complicated interchanges, and 3D representations of buildings, landmarks, and terrain to help keep you on the correct course. You'll even receive real-time traffic reports in most metropolitan areas for as long as you own the Alpine, at no additional cost.
Works with Alpine Go! from your smartphone
Say you're browsing your phone while at the office and you come across a great new restaurant you want to check out. You save the location on your phone's Google Maps app, but when it's time to get into your car, do you want to go through the trouble of searching for it again on your receiver? The free Alpine Go! app sends saved locations from your phone right to the INE-W987HD, so you can have all your favorite spots loaded and ready to go before you hit the road.
Pull up your favorites in one touch
The receiver's "Favorites" button gives you quick access to features you use frequently, like contacts, radio station frequencies, sound settings, and destination searches — anything you'll want to pull up rapidly, including beloved CarPlay and Android Auto functions. One touch adds your choice directly to the favorites menu. Your favorites are tied to your phone's Bluetooth profile, so the INE-W987HD recalls your favorites automatically when you get into your vehicle. When the stereo detects two users at the same time, it can offer split-screen access to both users' favorites, so either user can gain control of the action lickety-split.
HD Radio™, Pandora® Internet radio, and more
The INE-W987HD offers a wide variety of entertainment options, even without a disc player:
- HD Radio reception: You'll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
- Pandora Internet radio and iPhone and iPod® control: Easy on-screen control through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and you can also control Pandora through Bluetooth with your Android device if your device isn't connected.
- Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
Alpine accessories give you even more ways to play
The INE-W978HD does a lot right out of the box. But these Alpine accessories can add even more functionality to what's already an amazing receiver.
Add cameras: Cameras are fast becoming a must-have car accessory, and adding Alpine's KCX-C250MC selector to your INE-W987HD will let you take full advantage of its video capability by connecting up to three cameras (not included).
Add another HDMI input: The INE-W987HD has one HDMI input, which is impressive enough, but in today's world, you might need more. If you want to use both your smartphone and another video source through your receiver's display. Alpine's KCX-630HD HDMI Switcher gives you a pair of HDMI inputs, plus a USB port for providing power to your smartphone or tablet.
Add a disc player: If you still want to be able to play discs occasionally, check out Alpine's DVE-5300 DVD player. This compact, single-DIN player fits into discreet spots in your vehicle, like a glove box or under a seat. With an HDMI connection to a monitor and the option to channel audio through an optical output, you'll get the best possible picture and audio.
Customize your truck: If your truck or SUV is equipped with an aftermarket winch, light bar, air compressor, or other electrical accessories, you can control that gear through the INE-W987HD, too. Just add an optional Alpine KAC-001 external accessory controller to your order.
Tweak your audio with the TuneIt app
The INE-W987HD also works with Alpine's TuneIt smartphone app, which is a real time-saver for making audio fixes. For starters, it allows you to create a user profile with info about your vehicle and Alpine system, including speakers and subs. You can then follow simple instructions for adjusting sound settings for your specific vehicle (if available), or choose from pre-made settings within the app designed by Alpine for both the vehicle and your speakers.
You can use your phone's touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction with just a fingertip. You can then share your system and settings with other TuneIt app users, and see what they've done as well. You can link your TuneIt account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
Superior sound you'd expect from Alpine
The INE-W987HD boasts front and rear independent EQs, so you can fine-tune the audio for each listening position in your vehicle. The TuneIt app also offers Alpine's Bass Engine SQ tuning feature, which lets you determine which low-frequency characteristics you want to emphasize. It automatically adjusts EQ, sub level, and crossover settings to give you the kind of bass you desire without hassle.
And speaking of great sound, this Alpine lets you play FLAC audio files from your thumb drive, so you can enjoy your lossless tunes as you travel.
Video? But of course!
Adding a disc player or have a thumb drive with video files on it? You can use the receiver's HDMI connection to connect to send video to your vehicle's rear-seat entertainment system to keep your passengers happy. Independent dual-zone video control lets you watch movies up front and send different video content to the back while you're parked.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The INE-W987HD offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Alpine's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs or DVDs.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in GPS navigation
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res FLAC)
- 7" capacitive touchscreen
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free control with select iPhones
- HDMI/MHL cable required for viewing video content from compatible Android devices
- built-in navigation system with 3D representations of buildings, landmarks, and terrain
- maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, plus 7 million points of interest
- free lifetime HERE traffic service in metropolitan areas
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance and junction view
- pinch-to-zoom map interface
- Alpine Go! app sends destination from your phone to the INE-W987HD
- plays USB memory devices
- 9-band parametric EQ
- front/rear independent EQ settings
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt app for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with optional Accessory Control Module, Multi-Camera Selector Interface, DVD player, and HDMI switcher
- inputs: HDMI input; rear USB input; rear A/V input (occupied if used with optional iDatalink Maestro module); rear-view camera input
- outputs: HDMI output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INE-W987HD
More details on the Alpine INE-W987HD
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (96kHz)|