About the Alpine INE-Z928HD
Breaking the size barrier with an 8" display
Breaking the size barrier with an 8" display
Barriers are meant to be broken. And while you may not run a 4-minute mile or go faster than the speed of sound, you can break the size barrier in your dash with Alpine's INE-Z928HD navigation receiver. Conventional car stereos have topped out with 7" screens because of limitations in the size of the openings in car dashboards. But this Alpine receiver features an impressive 8" touchscreen that makes everything look bolder and brighter, especially your GPS maps. That's 30% more screen area than you get from a 7" screen, and an amazing 90% more area than with a 5.8" display.
How does it fit?
Alpine has developed a line of Perfect Fit packages, each designed to accommodate the INE-Z928HD in a specific vehicle. Each package contains a dash adapter which replaces a section of your dash, housing the Alpine receiver. Better yet, the package contains wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring, even if you have a premium sound system, and you won't have to wire up cumbersome adapters to keep steering wheel audio controls, OnStar, and other factory features. Once you've identified your vehicle, we'll show you if there's a Perfect Fit package available.
The Alpine receiver looks great with its Perfect Fit package in the F-150's dash.
A powerful navigation tool
The powerful nav system looks awesome on the 8" screen. You can split the screen to keep your maps running on one side, while album art and song info from a music source shows on the other. On the highway, the INE-Z928HD lets you know what lane you should be in for the upcoming exit ramp or highway split. And it can flash upcoming services like gas stations and restaurants on the split-screen display too.
3D views that look great on the big screen
The INE-Z928HD also puts its big screen to good use with a realistic 3D map feature that depicts buildings and terrain. In unfamiliar surroundings, you'll see landmarks on your screen to reassure you that you're on the correct path. That's great for your peace of mind when you're struggling with heavy traffic.
Bluetooth® that does more than just answer the phone
The INE-Z928's built-in Bluetooth enables hands-free calling and audio streaming, as you'd expect. But Alpine goes a step further with their "Favorites" button. It's your place to stash the features you like to access on a regular basis. For example, you could put in your two favorite radio stations, a search for the closest gas station, your subwoofer controls...anything you want instant access to. And here's the best thing: your particular favorites are tied to your Bluetooth profile, so when you get in the car with your phone, the INE-Z928HD brings up your favorites. It can also remember the favorites of one additional Bluetooth user, which is great for cars that get shared often.
HD Radio™, Pandora® Internet radio, and more
Alpine packs this receiver with a full suite of entertainment options.
- HD Radio reception: You'll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
- iPhone® and iPod® control: Browsing for your favorite songs is quick and easy, thanks to an intuitive touchscreen interface and the huge display. You can check out song title, artist info, and album art with a quick glance at the big screen.
- Pandora® Internet radio: Pandora lovers will love touchscreen control over their stations, including thumbs up and down, bookmarks, and station lists. Just plug your iPhone® into the USB port or use Bluetooth audio with your Android™ or Blackberry device. Alpine's audio engineers have loaded special Sound Parameters Settings into this receiver for all the vehicles covered by Perfect Fit packages. You pick the one that matches your vehicle to get sound that's custom-EQ'd and time-corrected for your vehicle's acoustics. Tailored sound, no tweaking required.
Alpine sound quality
Alpine's audio engineers have loaded special Sound Parameters Settings into this receiver for all the vehicles covered by Perfect Fit packages. You pick the one that matches your vehicle to get sound that's custom-EQ'd and time-corrected for your vehicle's acoustics. Tailored sound, no tweaking required.
Siri® Eyes Free for non-distracting operation
Got an iPhone with Siri? This receiver supports Siri Eyes Free, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through your Alpine receiver, without any visual distractions from your Apple® device. You may need to download a firmware update from Alpine's website to enable Siri Eyes Free through your receiver.
What if there's no Perfect Fit package for my vehicle?
If there isn't a Perfect Fit package available for your vehicle, Alpine offers their KTX-UTB8 universal dash bezel for custom installations. In most vehicles not covered by Perfect Fit, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo too.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility.
- DVD/navigation receiver with 8" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging
- iPhone: Pandora control through USB
- Android and BlackBerry: Pandora control through Bluetooth
- iPhone basic app mode
- supports Siri Eyes Free mode (firmware update may be required)
- Alpine Perfect Fit package or KTX-UTB8 universal trim bezel required for installation
- 9-band parametric equalizer
- time correction
- plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files on disc
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN multimedia navigation receiver with 8.0" widescreen LCD monitor
- Wiring harness (has in-line 15A fuse and fuse holder)
- Pre-amp/AV harness
- Camera/SWC harness
- Bluetooth microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- 5' USB extension cable (female USB type-A port on one end and male USB type-A plug on the other)
- 11" iPod A/V cable (with a Apple dock connector on one end and a USB type-A/3.5mm connector on other end)
- 5' A/V minijack extension cable (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and a female 3.5mm connector on other end)
- GPS Antenna (with attached 16.5' cable)
- 3 Self-adhesive cable clips
- Self-adhesive antenna mounting plate
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- Foam gasket
- Owner's manual CD-ROM (En/ Fr/ Sp)
- A/V Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Navigation Quick Reference Guide (En/ Fr/ Sp)
- Online Product Registration note
- NAVTEQ Maps Registration Card
- CD-ROM requirements/ instructions
- Correction note
Alpine INE-Z928HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine INE-Z928HD
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
Motorized 8" Touchscreen Display: The INE-Z928HD has a 8" WVGA (1.15 million-pixel) touchscreen LCD monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor, information display, and system controller. The INE-Z928HD's touchscreen monitor provides a more balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so movies are seen with greater clarity. All of the graphics are crisp and clean for your viewing pleasure. For better visibility you can adjust the monitor's angle; choose flat or one of five settings angled upward. The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc.
Start Up Time: The Alpine INE-Z928HD has a start up time of approximately 12.4 seconds from Off to the "Attention" screen. Once the "Attention" screen appears, you can tap the "Accept" button on the head unit's touchscreen to go instantly to the Navigation screen or press the "Power/Source" hard-key to access the Source menu.
Perfect F.I.T. Design: Because of its large 8" touchscreen LCD monitor, the INE-Z928HD will not fit a standard Single-DIN or Double-DIN dash opening. To accommodate this large screen in your vehicle's dash, Alpine offers a line of Perfect Factory Integration Technology (F.I.T.) packages specifically for the INE-Z928HD. Alpine's Perfect F.I.T. installation packages allow the INE-Z928HD to fit seamlessly into select vehicle dashes. Perfect F.I.T. is designed to cosmetically match the shape, color and texture of the vehicle's interior. The Perfect F.I.T. installation package come with all necessary accessories for the installation of the INE-Z928HD, including an Alpine/vehicle-specific harness, antenna adapter, Alpine-specific steering wheel interface, and BUS adapter (if necessary). A variety of new kits, representing popular U.S. vehicles, are available (all sold separately).
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the INE-Z928HD features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in. This also pertains to the receiver's System, Audio, & Navigation Setup Menus.
Dual Screen: The Alpine INE-Z928HD lets you display the Navigation and Audio/Visual screens simultaneously, side-by-side. You can switch the right and left screens using simple drag & drop touchscreen commands.
My Favorite Shortcut Screen: Frequently used functions can be customized to one screen for your convenience. Up to 8 shortcut icons can be registered to the "My Favorites" screen. Your settings are kept as a personal profile linked to your phone via Bluetooth. The INE-Z928HD loads your system preferences when your phone is connected, so you can quickly access the things you use the most by simply pressing the "Star" button. You can choose from the following My Favorite shortcut icons.
- Current Position: Registers your current position in My Favorites.
- Current Source: Registers the audio source currently play in My Favorites.
- Navigation: Registers the destination search category or nearby place search category in My Favorites.
- Phone: Lets you register phone numbers stored in your phonebook in My Favorites for shortcut dialing.
- Audio/Visual: Lets you switch sources directly from HD Radio, SiriusXM (optional), Disc, USB/iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth, or AUX In.
Display Settings: The Alpine INE-Z928HD offers the following settings to customize the head unit's LCD touchscreen monitor.
- Display Modes: You can select
one of the following display modes:
- Wide: Evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the widescreen monitor.
- Cinema: Displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically; good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Normal: Displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side.
- Visual EQ Mode: You can select
one of the following preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Off (Flat): Initial setting.
- Night Mode: Suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear.
- Soft: Suitable for animated films.
- Sharp: Suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown.
- Contrast: Suitable for recent movies.
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): Change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness settings in the two user memories.
- Display Colors: You can choose from five different background colors for the display; Black, Blue, Red, Green, or Amber.
- Backlight/Illumination Control: You adjust the brightness of
the LCD backlight from -15 to +15. You can then select one of the following
modes for the LCD's fluorescent backlight.
- Auto: Adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle.
- On: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark (always dimmed, the degree to which the backlight is dimmed is adjustable).
- Off: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright (no dimming).
Note: You can also turn the touchscreen completely off at night, if the display is too bright when simply listening to audio and have no need for a monitor display.
Auto Time Synchronization: Once you have launched and accepted navigation mode, the unit's clock syncs up with the internal navigation system, so it automatically adjusts to your time based on your location. Whether you are in Hawaii or New York, the INE-Z928HD will adjust and display the appropriate time.
Front Panel Controls: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom-edge of the screen. You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
NAVTEQ Map Data: The INE-Z928HD offers reliable navigation with preloaded NAVTEQ map data of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The map database provides approximately 6 million points-of-interest (POIs) in various categories throughout the coverage area. The unit's map data is stored on the head unit's built-in flash memory.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Future Updates: Future Map and Software updates will be available from Alpine and are input using the unit's hidden SD-card slot and additional SD-card (sold separately). The SD-card slot is located behind the electronic slide-down touchscreen. The SD-card slot is only used for navigation updates.
Note: Visit www.naviextras.com for latest map & navigation software updates.
OnPoint Plus GPS: The INE-Z928HD uses Alpine's OnPoint Plus Advanced GPS Positioning. This ensures that your vehicle stays accurately positioned on the map even in areas where it's difficult to receive GPS reception, such as in a tunnel or around tall buildings. OnPoint Plus simultaneously uses three technologies - satellite linked positioning data, gyro sensor technology (to determine the vehicle's direction), and accelerometer technology (to gauge the vehicle's speed) - resulting in continuous coverage of the location of your vehicle. For greater accuracy, an optional connection for speed pulse connectivity to the vehicle is available.
GPS Antenna: The INE-Z928HD comes supplied with a GPS antenna that features a magnetic base and an attached 16' cable terminated by a proprietary plug which connects to GPS-ANT input on the back of the head unit. The unit also comes supplied with a self-adhesive magnetic base if you are having trouble finding a flat metal surface to mount the antenna. The GPS antenna only measures 1.0625" (w) x 0.5" (h) x 1.1875" (d).
On-Screen Map: As you travel, the INE-Z928HD guides you to your destination via its on-screen map. The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets in a way that is similar to how the paper road maps show them. Their width and colors correspond to their importance; you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. Road segments affected by traffic events are displayed with an alternate color on the map, and small symbols above the road show the nature of the event. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about the next route event (maneuver) and the next street or the next city/town. Both the type of the event (turn, traffic circle, exiting freeway, etc.) and its distance from the current position are displayed. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. Two data fields on the left of the screen shows the distance you need to travel on the route before reaching your final destination and the time needed to reach your final destination of the route based on information available for the remaining segments of the route. You can adjust the following map settings.
- Map Views (2D/3D): The INE-Z928HD provides three Map Views, choose from North Up (North is always at the top of the display; this makes it easy to determine your current heading with respect to the map), Heading Up (current direction is always pointing to the top of the display; this makes it easy to see the direction of the next turn on the map), or 3D View (more realistic perspective by tilting the map and displaying it with a horizon line; streets are displayed as you approach them instead of from a birds-eye view).
- Map Color: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The night color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
3D Object Types: The INE-Z928HD's navigation software supports the following 3D object types.
- 3D Terrain: 3D terrain map data shows changes in terrain, elevations or depressions in the land when you view the map in 2D, and use it to plot the route map in 3D when you navigate. Hills and mountains are shown in the background of the 3D map.
- Elevated Roads: Complex intersections and vertically isolated roads (such as overpasses or bridges) are displayed in 3D.
- 3D Landmarks: Landmarks are 3D artistic or block representations of prominent or well-known objects.
- 3D Buildings: 3D block representation of full city building data containing actual building size and position on the map.
Lane Information & Signposts: The INE-Z928HD's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance, along with junction & tunnel views.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Voice Guidance/Text to Speech: In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the INE-Z928HD provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions, capable of text-to-speech (TTS), announcing the street names along with the turn directions. With turn-by-turn instructions delivered by Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology, street names, freeway numbers and freeway exit names are announced clearly through your vehicle's audio system. Directions are available in English, Spanish, or French.
NAVTEQ Traffic: NAVTEQ Traffic receives traffic information that is broadcast over the FM Radio Data System. The free FM TMC subscription activates automatically after the navigation system acquires satellite signals while receiving traffic signals from the service provider. NAVTEQ Traffic provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including the United States and Canada. If traffic is congested up ahead or there is a road closure, the navigation system will automatically re-navigate the route to show you how to get to your destination, quickly and easily. To fine-tune this recalculation, you can set the minimum delay that can trigger a route recalculation, or you can instruct the software to have you confirm the new recommended route before it takes effect. Road segments affected by traffic events are displayed with an alternate color on the map, and small symbols above the road show the nature of the event.
Note: NAVTEQ includes a lifetime service subscription. Because NAVTEQ traffic is subsidized by unobtrusive pop-up advertising, no subscription is necessary.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Setting A Destination: The Alpine INE-Z928HD offers several ways to select a destination:
|Browse Map||Tap a point on the map as your destination.|
|Home||Save your home address so you can quickly navigate to your house from anywhere.|
|Address||You can find an address by entering the exact address (including house number), the center of a city/town, an intersection, the midpoint of a street, or zip code.|
|Places (POI)||Select from approximately 6 million Point-of-Interests (POIs); search POIs by name, preset, or category around your current location, destination, route, or specific city.|
|Address Book||Save frequented locations in the unit's address book to quickly add as a destination.|
|History||Destinations you have set previously appear in the History search.|
|Free-Form Search|| |
A quick way to search for an address, a Place, an Address Book entry, or a History item is to use the free-form search. Simply enter a street address (just the street name or both the street and the house number), the name of a Place, a previous destination or an Address Book entry from this one search screen.
|Coordinates||Enter Latitude and Longitude coordinates as your destination.|
|Geotaggs||You can also set the location stored in a picture (on a microSD card) as your destination.|
Vehicle Profile: You can create a vehicle profile for your car, truck, or SUV. Enter the following parameters for your vehicle - Fuel Consumption (avg. fuel consumption of your vehicle in city and rural areas), Engine Type (engine and fuel type), Fuel Price (avg. fuel price for travel cost calculation), Max Speed (max speed you travel).
Route Calculation: The unit's navigation software calculates your route based on the following selections.
- Vehicle Types: You can select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Methods: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, or Easy) the navigation unit should use when
calculating your route.
- Fast: Gives a quick route if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best selection for fast and normal cars.
- Short: Gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles.
- Green: Gives a quick and fuel efficient route based on the fuel consumption data given in Route settings. Travel cost and CO2 emission calculations are estimations only. They cannot take elevations, curves and traffic conditions into account.
- Easy: Results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers. With this option, you can make your software to take, for example, the freeway instead of a series of smaller roads or streets.
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Modifying Your Route: When navigation is already started, there are several ways to modify the active route. Options include:
- Add Waypoint: If you already have a recommended route and you select a new destination, the unit will ask you whether to start a new route, add a new waypoint (intermediate destination) to the route or append the newly selected destination at the end of the current route.
- New Starting Position: For normal navigation, all routes are planned from the current position. In order to check future routes, simulate them or see their length in time and distance, you can turn off the GPS receiver. Then you can set the starting point of the route to a different location than the current GPS position.
- Edit Destination: You can edit the route by modifying the list of destinations. You can add or remove destinations, modify the start position or reorder the list.
- Cancel Route: You can cancel the active route and delete its destination and all its waypoints.
- Route Alternatives: To recalculate the active route with a different route planning method, you can modify the unit's Route settings.
Route Review: The INE-Z928HD lets you review your route's instructions and simulate the drive.
- Itinerary: The Itinerary page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns.
- Route Simulation: You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Warnings & Alerts: The INE-Z928HD's navigation software provides the following warnings & alerts.
- Alert Points: You can save any map location as an alert point (for example a speed camera or a railroad crossing).
- Speed Limit Warnings: Maps may contain information about the speed limits of the road segments. The navigation head unit is able to warn you if you exceed the current limit. This information may not be available in all areas, or may not be fully correct for all roads in the map. Speed warning can be fine-tuned in Sound and Warning settings.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Off-Road Navigation: The difference between the on-road and off-road modes is the navigation itself. When you are on the Map screen with an off-road route, your position and heading is not aligned with the nearest road and there is no turn by turn navigation; just a recommended direction. You see a straight line drawn between your current position and the next destination to reach. The Turn Preview field in the top left corner shows an arrow with your bearing and the distance of the next destination.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the touchscreen monitor of the Alpine INE-Z928HD.
- RDS: The RDS (Radio Data System) is a radio information system. The RDS allows you to receive a variety of information such as traffic information, station names, and song information from standard analog FM radio stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. iTunes 7.4 or later is required to purchase "tagged" songs.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search.
- Digital MC: The Digital MC setting uses a Hybrid method of auto-switching analog and digital on the main channel, and uses all-digital for sub-channels. Alpine's solution keeps you on the channel you desire, resulting in a better overall HD Radio experience.
- Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Pandora Internet Radio App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps/Google Play/BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine INE-Z928HD using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the INE-Z928HD via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU461V or 500KCU445I, sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The INE-Z928HD provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine INE-Z928HD comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Text Display: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on the in-dash navigation receiver.
- Search Function: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Category or by Channel.
- SiriusXM Presets: Feature 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18).
- Jump Recall: You can save your absolute favorite radio station and access it with the press of a single button for easy recall.
- Instant Replay: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite programming over again.
- Game Alert: GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- Song/Artist Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs (up to 50) you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Compatible Discs: The Alpine INE-Z928HD will play back DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW discs (12cm only). It will also support two-layer DVD discs. The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. A 5' USB extension cable is included. The USB port enables audio/video playback & control of MP3/WMA/AAC music files and DivX video files stored on your portable USB MSC/MTP device through the Alpine INE-Z928HD. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. The USB port is also used to update the head unit's software, via downloadable software & map updates from the Alpine website.
Media File Playback: The Alpine INE-Z928HD supports the following types of MP3/WMA/AAC music files and DivX video files recorded onto disc or loaded onto a USB device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||ISO 9660 Level 1/2 or Joliet||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 64-256kbps; sampling rate of 32-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 32-384kbps; sampling rate of 16-96kHz
|MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-384kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 48-238kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Video||DivX (versions 3/4/5/6): optimum resolution of 96-720 (h) x 96-576 (v)|
|Max # of Files/Folders||2,000 files/200 folders||1,000 files/folders|
|Tags||ID3 tags (v1, v2), WMA tags, AAC tags|
Playback Modes: The Alpine INE-Z928HD offers various playback modes for disc and USB playback.
- Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
- Repeat: Select between three modes; File (repeats playback of current track/file/chapter), Group (repeats only files in current folder), All (repeats all tracks/files).
- Random (MIX): Select between two modes: All (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Group (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
- Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time or in slow motion (1/16 or 1/2 speed), forward or backward. No audio is played during slow motion playback.
Search Modes: The Alpine INE-Z928HD offers various search modes for disc and USB playback.
- Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you are playing a disc with CD Text, ID3, AAC, or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the touchscreen to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs without CD Text, ID3, AAC, or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
- Direct Search: Use this function to move directly to the beginning of the a chapter or track on a disc.
- Skip (Next/Previous): During playback you can skip to the next or previous track, title, or chapter.
- Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: You can view a DVD in various speeds in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touch screen. You can select from 2x, 4x, or 8x, speeds.
- Frame-by-Frame: You can advance the motion picture by one frame at a time. No sound is output
Auto Reload: When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 1-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Angle Mounting: For proper disc playback, Alpine recommends mounting the INE-Z928HD no more that 30° above horizontal.
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Alpine INE-Z928HD features built-in Bluetooth technology (v2.1+EDR), powered by Parrot. Parrot is the global leader in wireless devices for mobile phones, for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth wireless technology enabled cell phones. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine INE-Z928HD. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with the INE-Z928HD before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to 10 Bluetooth enabled devices with the Alpine head unit. You can keep 2 phones connected at all times (only one can be used during a call).
Note: Since the INE-Z928HD can register up to two Bluetooth users at one time, each user can configure their own preferred settings. Once their respective Bluetooth devices have been registered to the unit and their initial settings have been saved, each user can be indentified automatically by the head unit simply be their Bluetooth enabled mobile phone.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The Alpine INE-Z928HD supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display. The INE-Z928HD allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine INE-Z928HD provides several
ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Making Calls: The Alpine INE-Z928HD also provides a
variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile
phone. The INE-Z928HD features full phone book access, call history, and
shortcut dialing with compatible phones.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Shortcut Dialing: You can assign up to 4 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily.
- Call History: The 60 previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: The included external microphone comes with a sun-visor clip to mount it in your vehicle. (with visor-clip). The mic is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.0" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Text Message Alert: The INE-Z928HD can give you a notification on the display with a blinking mail icon indicator for 30 seconds while receiving a text message on your Bluetooth-enabled phone. The mail icon indicator will remain on if there is an unread message on a connected mobile phone. You must still read or create a text message from your mobile smartphone.
Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Alpine INE-Z928HD can stream music from you Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. Basic playback functions include; Play, Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next, & Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The INE-Z928HD also supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Bluetooth Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. You can also select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device. You can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
iPod AV Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine navigation head unit supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input. The INE-Z928HD supports audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple devices. The Alpine INE-Z928HD's USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 100dB.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: Using Alpine's proprietary KCU-461iV iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps on your iPod/iPhone through the Alpine INE-Z928HD. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park with the parking brake engaged. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Alpine's dock connector-to-USB cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the INE-Z928HD.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Alpine INE-Z928HD for audio playback only. Video playback is not supported.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. The Alpine INE-Z928HD lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook; and your video library by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rented Movie. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song). In addition, you can control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, FF/RW, Previous/Next Track) of select movie and video apps. Not all apps will be compatible. Older iPod/iPhone device's will be locked during connection, but Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked.
Music Information: The Alpine in-dash navigation receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps.
1A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Alpine INE-Z928HD is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/24/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora App||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
- A firmware upgrade is required for connection of the Apple iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPod touch (5th gen), and iPod nano (7th gen).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
24-Bit DAC: The Alpine INE-Z928HD utilizes a Burr-Brown 24-bit Digital to Analog Converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preouts with Subwoofer Output Control: The INE-Z928HD has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted differently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
i-Personalize Setup: Tailor your vehicle's sound setting parameters through the INE-Z928HD's built-in i-Personalize feature. Choose your vehicle type, upholstery type, number of speakers, and speaker locations; and the INE-Z928HD will calculate and apply the optimal sound settings for your vehicle.
- Vehicle Type: Sedan, Couple, Hatchback, Mini Van, Small SUV, Large SUV, 2DR Truck, 4DR Truck.
- Listening Position: Driver seat or All seats
- Front Speaker Size: Small (3-4"), Medium (5-6.5"), Large (6x9")
- Tweeter: Yes or No
- Rear Speaker Position: Rear Deck or Rear Door panel
- Subwoofer: Yes or No
- Car Seat Material: Leather, Fabric, Half Leather (seats are both made of leather and fabric).
Note: An online version of i-Personalize is available for even more detailed time-correction and sound tuning. Once your adjustments are made online, you can download the parameters to a USB drive and transfer the settings to the INE-Z928HD.
Built-in Equalizer: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a Preset EQ and 9-Band Parametric EQ.
- Equalizer Presets (Bass Max EQ): 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can adjust the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
Audio Enhancements: The INE-Z928HD provides Time Correction, Media Xpander Pro, and Source Volume Level to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
- Media Xpander Pro: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander Pro is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander Pro makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, CD, USB memory, iPhone/iPod, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than CD, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
IMPRINT Sound Upgradeable: The INE-Z928HD is IMPRINT ready. Simply add the Alpine IMPRINT PXA-H800 audio processor (sold separately) and the Alpine RUX-C800 controller (sold separately) for automatic sound tuning or powerful manual tuning options. IMPRINT automatically measures the entire listening area, capturing time domain and frequency response information from each listening location to process and improve the sound at every seat in your vehicle. Precise control and corrections yield enhanced sound so you can enjoy an optimal listening experience. The IMPRINT audio processor allows you to customize your crossover adjustments so you can control where you send your high and low frequencies. It also provide detailed equalizer adjustments.
Note: The INE-Z928HD is not compatible with the IMPRINT PXA-H100 processor.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Audio/Video Input: The INE-Z928HD is fitted with one rear-panel audio/video input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks to connect an external AV source.
Audio/Video Output: Rear-panel stereo RCA jacks and a composite video jack are provided for feeding an A/V signal to an optional video monitor for rear seat entertainment. The rear zone signals are passed by RCA composite video and stereo RCA preamp audio connections. The same audio/video signal will be displayed on the unit's integrated monitor and the optional video monitor. You can select the aspect ratio of any back seat monitor(s); choose from 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan and Scan, 16:9 Widescreen.
Rear Camera Input: A proprietary rearview camera input on the rear panel is designed for use with the Alpine HCE-C117D camera (500HCC117D, sold separately). A composite video input is also available so the input can be used with almost any rearview camera (such as the 500HCEC115, sold separately). Or, you can use both camera inputs to connect front- and rear-view cameras (front-view cameras include the 500HCEC212F, sold separately). The INE-Z928HD is also compatible with Alpine's multi-view cameras (such as the 500HCEC210, sold separately). With a multi-view camera connected, you can select between a Rear, Panorama, Corner, or Ground view when backing up. The rear-view camera function also provides three on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.7 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine INE-Z928HD is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4190 IR remote (500RUE4190, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's basic tuner & disc functions. The remote does not offer navigation control.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
11 questions already asked