About the Alpine IVA-C801 Mobile Multimedia Station
Start your mobile audio/video system right with Alpine's IVA-C801 Mobile Multimedia Station. Its built-in CD player handles your home mixes on CD-R as well as prerecorded CDs. Its fully-motorized 6.5" monitor has an extra-wide viewing angle, so the picture is always crisp and clear. And the wide-screen format is perfect for DVD videos.
The IVA-C801 includes plenty of sound shaping features to let you get the sound the way you want it, including bass center frequency control, and subwoofer phase and level control. You can increase bass output by 15dB for a thumpin' good time.
System expansion is a snap, with 2 sets of audio/video inputs, an audio/video output for a backseat monitor, and a dedicated navigation input for an Alpine navigation system. Your component amps and subs will get a clean, hot signal from the 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs.
The "Digital Art" display and user interface employs multifunction softkeys to change functions and adjust features. And it can scroll CD Text from encoded discs in an optional CD changer. A wireless remote is included.
- fully-motorized 6.5" wide screen monitor
- MaxTune SQ tuner
- "Digital Art" user interface
- 6 background textures and 6 display colors
- multipurpose softkeys
- plays CDs and CD-Rs
- bass center frequency control (60, 70, 80, or 100 Hz selectable)
- subwoofer phase and level controls
- CD/MP3/DVD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- two auxiliary A/V inputs
- audio/video output
- navigation input
- MOSFET45 internal amp
- 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- CD Text (with compatible changer)
- wireless remote
- 19.5 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 95 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- Mobile Multimedia Station
- Plastic face cover
- Trim ring
- FM/AM tuner unit
- RUE-4187 Wireless remote
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Mobile Multimedia Station mounting brackets
- 2 FM/AM tuner unit mounting brackets
- 19" Mobile Multimedia Station wiring harness with in-line noise filter and fuse/fuse holder
- 11.5" Foot brake/remote out wiring harness
- 9.5' FM/AM tuner unit wiring harness with in-line noise filter and fuse/fuse holder
- 16' Foot brake lead
- 3" Parking brake lead
- 9.5' I/F cord (has a 20-pin male connector on each end)
- 10' Antenna extension cable
- 1 Self-adhesive Velcro fastener
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws
- 2 Metal spacers
- 2 Red pinch connectors
- 1 Cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
- Manual correction note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine IVA-C801 Mobile Multimedia Station
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||19.5 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Mobile Multimedia Station: Alpine's line of Ai-NET Mobile Multimedia Stations allow you to connect and control a wide range of in-car audio and visual systems, such as DVD/CD/MP3 changers, rear seat monitors, and navigation systems, from a single in-dash control center.
Motorized, 6.5" Wide Screen Monitor: The IVA-C801 has a motorized 6.5" wide screen monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
Automatic Monitor Opening/Closing: When the Automatic Opening/Closing mode is set to "ON," the monitor automatically opens when the ignition key is turned to the "ACC" or "ON" position. The monitor automatically closes when the ignition key is turned OFF.
Monitor Angle Adjustment: You can adjust the monitor's angle for better visibility. The screen angle can be adjusted between 80 and 104 degrees.
Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the brightness, color, and tint of the picture. Color and tint adjustments can only be made in the navigation, DVD, AUX1 and AUX2 modes. Note: Color and tint adjustments cannot be made if a Navigation system with the RGB feature is connected.
Display Dimming: This unit is equipped with an illumination dimmer lead. When the unit's dimmer mode has been set to "AUTO" and the illumination lead has been connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit, the display's illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, the "ON" dimmer mode setting may be selected, so the display is dim at all times.
Background Screen: You have a choice of 12 different background textures/colors. You can select a background texture of Marble, Sky, Wood, Gradient, Metal, or Abyss. You can select a background color of coral, light blue, aqua, pink, green, or dark blue.
"Digital Art" Spectrum Analyzer: You may select from 3 spectrum analyzer modes, or you may turn the spectrum analyzer off. One mode is suitable for all types of music, one mode is specially suited for music with vocals, and another mode emphasizes bass rhythm by providing images created using the low frequencies in audio signals.
Switching Display Modes: In AUX or NAV mode, you can select one of the following display modes:
- Mode 1 (Wide): evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the wide screen monitor
- Mode 2 (Zoom): unevenly stretches a 4:3 picture to fit the wide screen monitor. The center portion of the picture is stretched out only slightly in order to make the important center portion of the picture look natural.
- Mode 3 (Cinema): displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically. This mode is good for displaying a cinema type picture with the proportion of 16 to 9.
- Mode 4 (Normal): displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black belt at each side
Soft Key Operation: As you navigate the head unit's menu system, the "soft key" functions change as indicated on the display. These multipurpose "soft keys" help to eliminate faceplate clutter.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, or 100Hz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers. In addition, you can select a subwoofer phase mode of Normal or Reverse.
Controls for Add-on Components: The IVA-C801 can control the following optional add-on components: audio processor, CD player, CD changer, MD player, cassette player, DVD/video CD/CD player, DVD Changer, and Navigation System.
Interrupt Feature (MIX LEVEL) With an Alpine navigation system connected to the IVA-C801, the voice guidance of the navigation system will be mixed with the radio or CD/MD audio. You can also adjust the volume level of the voice guidance. If you use this unit connected to an external audio processor, use the built in amplifier. You cannot use this function with an external amplifier.
Simultaneous Operation: You can watch the video portion of one source while listening to another source.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6 and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs
Front Panel of FM/AM Tuner Unit:
- Power Supply: 16-pin male jack for use with supplied FM/AM tuner unit wiring harness
- Remote Out: 4-pin male jack for use with supplied Foot brake/remote out wiring harness
Back Panel of FM/AM Tuner Unit:
- FM Antenna: female Motorola jack
- Aux 1 Input: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Aux 2 Input: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Navigation Input: 13-pin female RGB jack that connects to an optional Alpine navigation system
- Aux Output: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Display Output: 20-pin female jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied I/F cord
- Ai-NET: Ai-NET jack
- Front Audio Out: stereo RCA jacks
- Rear Audio Out: stereo RCA jacks
- Subwoofer Audio Out: stereo RCA jacks
- FM/AM Tuner Unit: W=10.255", H=1.461", D=8.244"