About the Alpine IVA-D105
Start your mobile A/V system off right by putting Alpine's IVA-D105 DVD receiver in your ride. The motorized, flip out touchscreen makes viewing movies a pleasure and navigating menus simple and fast. A host of inputs and outputs give you the option of building the system that suits your lifestyle.
The IVA-D105 can play DVDS, DVD +/- R/RW, and DivX discs, and video is crystal clear on the 6.5" screen when you're parked. When you're on the go, connect a monitor to the A/V output and keep the kids entertained in the backseat while you enjoy music up front. You can also connect a game console or second video source to the receiver's A/V input.
The IVA-D105 will play your CDs loaded with MP3, WMA, or AAC files for hours of musical entertainment. Alpine's MediaXpander compensates for some of the sound quality lost in compressed digital music so you hear more life-like sound. Pick up the optional iPod adapter for total control over your iPod you'll be able to find music files in a flash with the percentage-search function.
Alpine designed the IVA-D105 with expansion in mind. Control an optional navigation system through the touchscreen for turn-by-turn directions and access to thousands of points of interest. The optional Bluetooth adapter allows you to make and receive calls or listen to streaming audio from your compatible phone through your stereo. You can add an HD Radio tuner to upgrade your AM/FM listening, or pick up a satellite radio to access sports, entertainment, and commercial-free music channels.
You'll find two sets of preamp outputs for connecting external amplifiers to power your front and rear speakers, plus 2 more outputs for adding a center channel speaker and a subwoofer.
Hook up an optional steering-wheel controls adapter, so you can run your Alpine receiver through the buttons on your steering wheel. Add an optional rear-view camera for safety or to keep an eye on your boat or trailer when towing.
- DVD/CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- motorized 7" LCD video screen with touchscreen controls
- plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DivX, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3/WMA/AAC discs
- wireless remote
- Bass Engine sound controls (2-band parametric equalizer)
- expand the audio controls with the optional PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor
- compatible with Alpine's Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, HD Radio tuner, and Full Speed iPod adapter
- compatible with Alpine in-car navigation system
- inputs: audio/video input and a rear-view camera input
- outputs: audio/video output, optical output, three sets of preamp outputs
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- steering-wheel remote ready
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # IVA-D105
What's in the box:
- Mobile Multimedia Station with 6.5" wide LCD monitor (in-dash unit)
- Front panel (installed)
- Trim ring
- Wireless remote control (RUE-4203)
- CR2025 lithium battery
- Wiring harness (with in-line 10A fuse on power wire)
- A/V input/output harness
- Vinyl case for the detachable front panel
- 2 Sleeve mounting brackets
- 8 Flat-head screws (M4 x 3mm)
- 4 Hex/Phillips-head screws each with flat washers (M4 x 6mm)
- Self-adhesive rubber strip
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine IVA-D105 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine IVA-D105
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Mobile Multimedia Solutions: Alpine's line of Ai-NET Mobile Multimedia Solutions allow you to connect and control a wide range of in-car audio and visual systems, such as DVD/CD/MP3 changers, rear seat monitors, and navigation systems, from an in-dash control center. In addition, you can add iPod audio/video and control, Bluetooth, satellite radio, and a USB connection.
Motorized, 6.5" Wide Touchscreen Monitor: The IVA-D105 has a motorized 6.5" wide, touchscreen monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
PulseTouch: The unit's touchscreen features "PulseTouch," which provides tactile feedback, along with audible and visual confirmation, to the user to confirm the input of commands. It uses different vibrations and pressures that simulate what it feels like when you tap a real button, hold a button down, move a slider or touch where no screen commands exist.
Automatic Monitor Opening/Closing: When the Automatic Opening/Closing mode is set to "Full," the monitor automatically opens when the ignition key is turned to the "Acc" or "On" position. When the mode is set to "Manual", the monitor must be opened and closed using the Open/Close button. When the mode is set to "Close", the monitor automatically closes when the ignition key is turned off.
Monitor Angle Adjustment: You can adjust the monitor's angle for better visibility. The screen angle can be adjusted between 40° and 105° (10 positions).
Flat Angle Setting: When you want to operate some vehicle controls (air conditioner, etc.) that are hidden behind the raised monitor, you can temporarily position the monitor at a flat angle by pressing the "Open/Flat" button on the front panel. After 10 seconds in the flat position, the monitor moves back to its original angle.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the IVA-D105 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the viewing of a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in.
Illumination Control: Backlighting is provided by a fluorescent light built into the liquid crystal panel. The illumination control adjusts the brightness of the backlighting based on the car's ambient lighting for easier viewing. You can set the minimum level of backlight in the menu from -15 to +15. The following dimmer settings are available:
- Auto: adjusts the brightness of the background illumination of the monitor depending on the ambient light in your vehicle
- On: keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark
- Off: keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright
Background Screen: You have a choice of 5 different background textures. These backgrounds are visible when a CD, MP3/WMA, or the tuner is selected. When "Auto Background" is activated, the background texture will change each time the ignition key is turned off and turned on again.
Display Modes: You can select one of the following display modes:
- Mode 1 (Wide): evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the wide screen monitor
- Mode 2 (Cinema): displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically. This mode is good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Mode 3 (Normal): displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side
Visual EQ Mode: allows you to select one of the following preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Night Mode: suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear
- Soft: suitable for CGs and animated films
- Sharp: suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown
- Contrast: suitable for recent movies
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): You can change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness values from any of the presets in up to two user memories
Data Download: You can download data from Alpine's website to a CD-R or CD-RW and download and store the data in the IVA-D105. You can download different visual backgrounds for the monitor.
DVD 5.1-channel Operation: When playing a DVD encoded in Dolby Digital or DTS, the IVA-D105 can decode and play the DVD in 5.1 channels. The unit has 4 speaker outputs and 5.1-channels of preamp outputs including a subwoofer and center channel output. During 5.1-channel playback, you can also set or adjust Time Correlation, Subwoofer low pass filter, Dolby Pro Logic II, Rear Fill, Speaker selection, Multi-channel setup, Speaker setup, Bass sound control, and User Presets.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3, WMA, and AAC files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats; constant and variable bit rates from 32 kbps to 320 kbps are supported for MP3 and WMA, and bit rates of 16-320 kbps for AAC. Discs recorded using Joliet, Romeo, or other ISO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names may not be displayed correctly. ID3 tag v1 and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The IVA-D105 has a steering remote control input on the back panel. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (item number 127SWIJACK), you can retain the use of your factory steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagens and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Disc Compatibility: The IVA-D105 is compatible with DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, Video CDs, Audio CDs, CD-R, and CD-RW. In addition, the unit can play CD-R, CD-RW, and CD-ROM discs with MP3, WMA, and AAC files.
DVD Menu Direct Touch Control: The unique PulseTouch touchscreen allows you to activate selections on the DVD main menu by directly touching the screen on the desired selection instead of navigating choices using cursors.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Step/Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD or Video CD is in the pause mode, you may move forward or backward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time, or in one of the following slow motion speeds: 1/2 or 1/8.
Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: While a DVD or Video CD is playing, you can view the program in double speed in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touchscreen for more than 1 second. If held for 5 or more seconds, playback at 8x speed in the selected direction will begin. If held for 10 or more seconds, playback is forwarded or reversed at 21x normal speed.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Multi-Audio Tracks: DVDs can have up to 8 different audio tracks. You can switch between each recorded audio tracks during playback.
Audio Adjustments: You can adjust the bass level (-7 to +7), bass center frequency (60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz), bass bandwidth or Q-factor (1.00, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0), treble level (-7 to +7), treble center frequency (10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, 17.5kHz), loudness (on/off), and subwoofer level (0 to 15).
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner (220CNP20UC) and the Alpine CNP-ALP1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMALP1).
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio:
- Universal SIRIUS Tuner: You can connect the optional SIRIUS SC-C1 SIRIUS Connect Universal Vehicle Tuner, along with the Alpine KCA-SC100 SIRIUS satellite Radio interface (package item number 700SIRALPC) directly to the head unit.
- SIRIUS Plug and Play: The KCA-SC100 (item number 500KCASC10) allows you to integrate many SIRIUS plug and play receivers. Compatible tuners include the Sportster, Starmate, Stratus, and Stiletto. You can control the satellite receiver from your head unit and use the Quick Search feature to browse all artists and songs currently playing on all channels. The SIRIUS text information also appears on the head unit display.
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite
radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input.
(If the head unit doesn't include an auxiliary input, you will need the
Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter.)
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready: The optional Alpine HD Radio Receiver (item # 500TUAT550) delivers FM radio with CD-like audio quality and AM with FM-like quality. Song, artist, and album titles are viewable on the display.
Navigation Ready: When connected to an optional Alpine Navigation unit (such as the NVE-N872A), the navigation screen and map data can be displayed on this unit. With the NAV.MIX feature, the voice guidance of the navigation system will be mixed with the radio or CD audio. The volume level of the voice guidance can be adjusted.
iPod Integration: An iPod can be connected to the IVA-D105 by using the proprietary Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed connection cable (item # 500KCE422i). When the iPod is connected to the unit, the controls of the iPod are non-functional, and the unit is fully controlled by the head unit. The unit can be used with Generation 3 and above iPod, iPod photo, iPod mini, or iPod nano only.
USB Adapter Ready: With the optional KCA-620M USB Adapter, you can play your USB thumb drive or USB-based portable MP3 player through the IVA-D105.
Bluetooth Ready: With the optional KCA-300BT Bluetooth adapter (item # 500KCE300B), you can make and receive calls hands-free on your Bluetooth-capable cellular phone, and communicate through an included microphone and your vehicle's speakers.
Changer Controls: This unit is compatible with 6 and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit. With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. You can also use the KCA-410C Versitile Link adapter to connect 2 changers and 2 auxiliary input sources. When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
External Audio Processor: When an optional Alpine external audio processor (such as the PXA-H700 or PXA-H701) is connected to this unit, you can operate it from the unit. Dozens of settings can be adjusted, including crossover adjustment, time correction, phase switching, EQ adjustments, surround sound adjustments, and speaker levels.
Main Unit: The following inputs and outputs are located on the back of the main (in-dash) unit:
- RGB Input: A 13-pin female connector for use with an optional Alpine navigation unit, such as the NVE-N872A (500NVEN872).
- AV Connector: A 20-pin
connector for use with the supplied A/V harness which includes the following
- Preamp Outputs: 6 channels of preamp outputs, including RCA jacks for Front left and right, Rear left and right, Center, and Subwoofer channels.
- Auxiliary A/V Input: Stereo RCA and composite RCA video input (marked "Aux Input") for connecting an optional VCR or game console.
- Auxiliary A/V Output: Stereo RCA and composite RCA video output (marked "Aux Output") for connecting an optional video monitor
- iPod Direct Connector: A D-shaped, 10-pin jack designed for exclusive use with the optional Alpine KCE-422i iPod Full Speed adapter (item # 500KCE422i).
- Rear Camera Input: A composite RCA video input, on a 6" pigtail hardwired to the rear panel, for connecting an optional rear-view camera
- Optical Digital Output: A standard Toslink optical digital output on the end of a 19" cable for connecting the unit to an optional multi-channel audio processor, such as the PXA-H701 (500PXAH701). Note: No optical cables are supplied with the PXA-H701.
- Ai-NET: One Ai-NET connector on a 15" cable is provided for connecting a CD changer, DVD changer, or other Ai-Net compatible component
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Interface: A 3.5mm minijack on a 6" pigtail for connecting to a steering wheel remote interface box, such as the PAC SWI-JACK (item # 127SWIJACK).
- Wiring Harness: 10-pin female Molex connector on chassis for power, speakers, reverse, parking brake and foot brake detection harness
- Remote Control Input/Output Leads: Two white/brown wires to output controlling signals from the remote control, and to connect the external Alpine product to the remote control lead.
- Reverse Lead: If a rear-view camera is connected to the A/V input, this reverse lead (orange/white wire) should be connected to the vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
- Monitor Control Lead: White/pink control lead for connecting to a touch panel-compatible rear monitor
- Antenna: Standard Motorola female antenna jack on 6" cable