About the Alpine IVA-D310
For excellence in touchscreen controls, you won't find a better DVD receiver than the IVA-D310. Alpine's latest PulseTouch Display technology gives you unique touch-screen control over your system. Your fingers press the 7" flat-screen monitor, but it feels like they're actually touching real buttons and sliders. In fact, there are eight different sensations generated by the PulseTouch system you'll be able to make adjustments safely on the fly without having to take your eyes off the road.
The IVA-D310 also offers another handy feature direct-touch DVD menu control. Since no two DVD main menus are alike, most touch-screen systems make you operate a cursor with a remote control to access DVD menus. The IVA-D310 lets you press the menu item you want directly, so getting to your favorite scene, setting up language selection, and accessing special features are easier than ever. (Note: you can only watch DVDs on the in-dash screen when parked.)
You'll never lack for entertainment options with the IVA-D310. Not only does it offer you playback of your DVDs and CDs, it'll play the discs you've loaded with hours' worth of MP3s and WMAs, too. It's also ready to work with Alpine's iPod interface adapter you'll get convenient PulseTouch control over your iPod's functions, choosing your tracks directly from the screen. Meanwhile, the adapter will recharge your iPod's battery, so it'll be ready to go when you get out of the car.
Satellite radio is also an option with the IVA-D310. Simply connect a compatible XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuner and antenna (subscription also required), and you'll open up a coast-to-coast world of over 120 channels of music (all commercial-free), sports, news, entertainment and much, much more.
Alpine's Bass Engine® Plus gives you tight control over the sound contour, and can be controlled by PulseTouch's Advanced Processor Controls. MediaXpander broadens the tone, filling in the sonic gaps often found in compressed music files. Your MP3s and WMAs will sound better and fuller than ever. And for that personal touch, iPersonalize with Data Download lets create your own Bass Engine settings at Alpine's website, burn them to disc, then upload them into the IVA-D310.
Planning a backseat system? The receiver's audio/video output will connect to an external monitor and wireless headphones. Activate dual-zone mode and you can listen to one source, like satellite radio or your iPod, while the backseat passengers watch a movie in privacy. An audio/video input lets you connect another entertainment source, such as a game console. The internal amp delivers plenty of power. But if you want more, you can connect external amplifiers to the three sets of preamp outputs.
- DVD/CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels; CEA-2006 compliant)
- motorized, retractable 7" LCD monitor with PulseTouch controls
- detachable control panel
- white LED secondary display for use when monitor is retracted
- plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3/WMA discs
- direct-touch DVD menu control
- Bass Engine Plus
- 4-channel time correction
- 3-position high-/low-pass crossover
- bass and treble center frequency control
- subwoofer level and phase control
- iPersonalize lets you create and download custom Bass Engine settings at Alpine's website, then upload them into the system
- controls XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
- CD changer/TV tuner controls
- audio/video input
- rear-view camera input
- navigation input
- compatible with Alpine iPod interface adapter
- audio/video output
- dual-zone mode
- front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- digital output for optional surround-sound processor
- MaxTune SQ AM/FM tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- wireless remote
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- DVD/CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
- DVD/CD signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # IVA-D310
What's in the box:
- Mobile Multimedia Station with 7" wide LCD monitor (in-dash unit)
- Front panel (installed)
- Trim ring
- FM/AM Tuner Unit (hideaway unit)
- DC/DC converter
- RUE-4203 wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery
- 1 Vinyl case for the detachable front panel
- 10' Antenna extension cable (has a male Motorola connector on one end and a female Motorola connector on the other end)
- 9.75' Monitor extension cable (has a 26-pin male connector on one end and a 26-pin female connector on the other end)
- 19" Mobile Multimedia Station power supply wiring harness with in-line 10A fuse/fuse holder and noise filter
- 11" Remote in/out harness
- 9.75' FM/AM Tuner Unit power supply wiring harness with in-line 10A fuse/fuse holder and noise filter
- 3" Parking brake lead with attached red pinch connector
- 2 Red pinch connectors
- One 2-piece Velcro strip (2" x 1/2")
- 1 Self-adhesive rubber strip
- 2 FM/AM Tuner Unit mounting brackets
- 2 Mobile Multimedia Station mounting brackets
- 6 Phillips/flange-head self-tapping screws (M4 x 14mm)
- 4 Phillips/pan-head screws (M4 x 8mm)
- 4 Hex/Phillips-head screws each with flat washers (M4 x 6mm)
- 8 Countersunk Phillips-head screws (M4 x 3mm)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Correction sheet
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine IVA-D310 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine IVA-D310
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Mobile Multimedia Station: Alpine's line of Ai-NET Mobile Multimedia Stations allow you to connect and control a wide range of in-car audio and visual systems, such as DVD/CD/MP3 changers, rear seat monitors, and navigation systems, from an in-dash control center and hideaway tuner unit.
Motorized, 7" Wide Touchscreen Monitor: The IVA-D310 has a motorized 7" wide, touchscreen monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
PulseTouch: The unit's touchscreen features "PulseTouch," which provides tactile feedback, along with audible and visual confirmation, to the user to confirm the input of commands. It uses different vibrations and pressures that simulate what it feels like when you tap a real button, hold a button down, move a slider or touch where no screen commands exist.
Automatic Monitor Opening/Closing: When the Automatic Opening/Closing mode is set to "Full," the monitor automatically opens when the ignition key is turned to the "Acc" or "On" position. When the mode is set to "Manual", the monitor must be opened and closed using the Open/Close button. When the mode is set to "Close", the monitor automatically closes when the ignition key is turned off.
Monitor Angle/Slide Adjustment: You can adjust the monitor's angle and slide position for better visibility. The screen angle can be adjusted between 40 and 105 degrees. The monitor's position can set to the normal position or slid forward approximately 1/2" ("front position") to clear possible dash obstructions.
Flat Angle Setting: When you want to operate some vehicle controls (air conditioner, etc.) that are hidden behind the raised monitor, you can temporarily position the monitor at a flat angle by pressing the "Open/Flat" button on the front panel. After 10 seconds in the flat position, the monitor moves back to its original angle.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the IVA-D310 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the viewing of a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in.
Dual Screen Display: When an Alpine AMP Link-compatible external amplifier is connected to this unit, you can display the operating parameters of the amplifier, such as temperature, voltage, and current draw.
Illumination Control: You can select one of the following dimmer settings:
- Auto: adjusts the brightness of the background illumination of the monitor depending on the ambient light in your vehicle
- On: keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark
- Off: keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright
Background Screen: You have a choice of 2 different background textures. These backgrounds are visible when a CD, MP3/WMA, or the tuner is selected. When "Auto Background" is activated, the background texture will change each time the ignition key is turned off and turned on again.
Display Modes: You can select one of the following display modes:
- Mode 1 (Wide): evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the wide screen monitor
- Mode 2 (Cinema): displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically. This mode is good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Mode 3 (Normal): displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Rear Entertainment Function: The rear entertainment function independently routes different sources to the front and rear monitors in a vehicle. For example, while listening to the radio or other audio source in the front, a DVD can be enjoyed in the rear with an optional rear monitor and headphones; the rear zone signals are passed by RCA composite video and stereo RCA preamp audio connections.
Simultaneous Function: This function allows you to watch the video portion of one source, while listening to the audio portion of another source.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3 and WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats; constant and variable bit rates from 32 kbps to 320 kbps are supported for MP3 and 32 kbps to 320 kbps for WMA. Discs recorded using Joliet, Romeo, or other ISO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names may not be displayed correctly. CD-ROM XA, Mixed Mode CD, Enhanced CD (CD-Extra) and multi-session recordings are supported, but recordings made using Track At Once or packet writing cannot be correctly played back. Discs containing both standard CD audio and MP3 data can be played; the unit may be set to play only the CD audio tracks or both types of tracks. ID3 tag v1 and WMA tag are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Max Tune SQ Tuner: The IVA-D310 incorporates the Max Tune SQ tuner for the highest quality tuner audio. You can choose between three settings to suit your own sound preferences and usage: Normal, Hi-Fi (sound quality priority), Stable (noiseless priority setting).
Interrupt Feature (NAV.MIX) With an Alpine navigation system connected to the IVA-D310, the voice guidance of the navigation system will be mixed with the radio or CD audio. You can adjust the volume level of the voice guidance. If you use this unit connected to an external audio processor, use the built in amplifier. You cannot use this function with an external amplifier.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The IVA-310 has a steering remote control input. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (item number 127SWIJACK), you can retain the use of your factory steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagens and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Overview: The Alpine IVA-D310 features i-Personalize, which provides the user an extraordinary degree of system personalization. You can select from a wide variety of audio, video and display modes to suit your personal tastes.
MX (MediaXpander): The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission. This function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each of the following internal sources: CD, FM, Compressed Media (MP3/WMA) and XM Radio. There are three expansion modes for DVD (Movie 1 & 2 and Music) and three expansion mode for auxiliary sources (MP3, Movie, and Music).
Bass Engine Plus: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine Plus includes the following functions:
- Bass Max EQ Mode: You can select from 10 EQ presets: Flat, Rock, Pops, Jazz, Electric, Hip Hop, Easy, Country, Classic, News, and Custom (custom can be adjusted in the parametric EQ).
- Parametric EQ: You can
adjust the following items:
- Center Frequency:
- High: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz
- Mid-High: 500Hz, 700Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 6kHz
- Mid-Low: 100Hz, 150Hz, 200Hz
- Low: 40Hz, 60Hz, 90Hz
- Level: -12dB to +12dB
- Bandwidth (Q):
- High: 1.0
- Mid-High: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- Mid-Low: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0
- Low: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- Center Frequency:
- 4-Channel Digital Time Correction: The time correction feature allows you to create virtual speaker positions by delaying the signals being sent to the speakers closest to you. When the correct delay times have been entered for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left speakers, all sounds reach your ears at the same time, providing optimized imaging and frequency response. Using the Bass Focus adjustment, the time difference between the front-rear/left-right speakers can be adjusted at the same time. Time correction settings can be saved in one of 6 preset memories.
- 3-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover: An 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz low-pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and an 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz high-pass filter is available for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left preamp outputs. Either, or both, filters may be turned off.
- Subwoofer Switch/Phase Selector: The phase of the subwoofer outputs may be set to normal (0 degrees), reverse (180 degrees) or off; this function allows you to minimize phase cancellation of bass frequencies, for stronger bass response.
Visual EQ Mode: You can select one of the following preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Night Mode: suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear
- Soft: suitable for CGs and animated films
- Sharp: suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown
- Contrast: suitable for recent movies
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): You can change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness values from any of the presets in up to two user memories
Data Download: You can download data from Alpine's website to a CD-R or CD-RW, then upload and store the data in the IVA-D310. Parametric EQ, Time Correction, Crossover, and Subwoofer data are memorized in a preset for each mode.
DVD Menu Direct Touch Control: The unique PulseTouch touchscreen allows you to activate selections on the DVD main menu by directly touching the screen on the desired selection instead of navigating choices using cursors.
DVD Control Menu: During DVD playback, the control menu is accessible by touching the screen. The 2-page menu appears at the bottom of the screen allowing you to skip tracks forward or backward, stop or pause playback, access the DVD menu, change the audio language, subtitle language, camera angles, and change the display modes. You can also access a "10-key" numeric keyboard for direct chapter access. If desired, you can access a more traditional cursor-type menu for DVD control.
Dolby Digital and DTS Compatibility: When the optical digital output (standard Toslink) on the rear of the head unit is connected to an optional Alpine digital audio processor, you can enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS surround.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Step/Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD or Video CD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time, or in one of the following slow motion speeds: 1/2 or 1/8. When playing a DVD, you can use slow motion playback in the reverse direction.
Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: While a DVD or Video CD is playing, you can view the program in double speed in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touchscreen for more than 1 second. If held for 5 or more seconds, playback at 8x speed in the selected direction will begin.
Repeat Playback: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current title or the current chapter. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track or the entire disc.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Digital Output: You can select a digital output setting of Auto or LPCM. When set to Auto, the digital output is switched automatically according to the type of audio signals being played. When set to LPCM, the audio signals recorded on the disc are converted to 48kHz/16-bit (for DVDs) or 44.1kHz (for Video CDs and CDs) linear PCM audio signals for output.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner (220CNP20UC) and the Alpine CNP-ALP1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMALP1).
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio:
- Universal SIRIUS Tuner: You can connect the optional SIRIUS SC-C1 SIRIUS Connect Universal Vehicle Tuner, along with the Alpine KCA-SC100 SIRIUS satellite Radio interface (package item number 700SIRALPC) directly to the head unit.
- SIRIUS Plug and Play: The KCA-SC100 (item number 500KCASC10) allows you to integrate many SIRIUS plug and play receivers. Compatible tuners include the Sportster, Starmate, Stratus, and Stiletto. You can control the satellite receiver from your head unit and use the Quick Search feature to browse all artists and songs currently playing on all channels. The SIRIUS text information also appears on the head unit display.
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite
radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input.
(If the head unit doesn't include an auxiliary input, you will need the
Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter.)
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
iPod Adapter Compatible: The optional KCA-420i adapter (item # 500KCA420i) allows an iPod or iPod mini portable digital music player with a dock connector to be hooked up and controlled by this unit. All the iPod buttons will be disabled when connected to this adapter and it will be controlled from the Alpine receiver. With this interface, you'll be able to play your iPod music files through your Alpine receiver and have all the titling information appear on the Alpine's display.
Changer Controls: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit. With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. You can also use the KCA-410C Versatile Link adapter to connect 2 changers and 2 auxiliary input sources. When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
External Audio Processor: When an optional Alpine external audio processor is connected to this unit, you can operate it from the unit. Dozens of settings can be adjusted, including crossover adjustment, time correction, phase switching, EQ adjustments, surround sound adjustments, and speaker levels.
Amp Link: When the IVA-D310 is connected to an optional Alpine Amp Link-compatible amplifier you can set and make adjustments to the amp from the unit. In addition to the settings you can make, you can also name each amplifier and display the amp status on the screen. Up to eight Amp Link-compatible amplifiers can be linked together in this manner.
Optical Digital Output: There is a standard Toslink optical digital output on the back of the monitor for connecting the unit to an optional audio processor. The optical cable is supplied with the processor.
Navigation Input: Located on the hideaway unit, the IVA-D310 provides a 13-pin RGB jack for connecting an optional Alpine navigation system.
Display Connections: The in-dash monitor has a 26-pin male plug on the end of an 8" pigtail for connecting the in-dash unit to the hideaway tuner unit. A 9.75' extension cable is supplied, giving you more options for places to mount the hideaway unit.
Preamp Inputs/Outputs: When the system switch is in the Normal position, the IVA-D310 provides preamp outputs for front, rear, and subwoofer channels. When the system switch is in the EQ/DIV position, the front and rear preamp connections operate as inputs, allowing you to connect an optional EQ or audio processor. These RCA connections are located on the hideaway unit.
Rear Camera Input: A single composite video input is provided for an optional rear-view camera. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the reverse lead (orange/white wire in main power harness) to the vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
Ai-NET: One Ai-NET connector is provided for connecting a CD changer, DVD changer, or other Ai-Net compatible component.
Auxiliary Input: Stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack are provided for connecting an external video source such as a VCR, DVD player, or video game.
Auxiliary Output: Stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack are provided for feeding A/V signals to an optional video monitor. When the Rear Entertainment Function is used and these jacks are connected to a rear seat entertainment system (e.g. a rear seat monitor and wireless headphones), your rear seat passengers can view/listen to a different source than the one selected for the front passengers.
Remote In/Out: A 6-pin female Molex jack allows you to connect the remote control plugs from an optional video monitor or TV tuner.
Note: Some optional Alpine monitors have touchscreen controls requiring connection of monitor control wire of the remote harness.
Steering Wheel Remote Control Interface: A 3.5mm minijack for connecting to a steering wheel remote interface box, such as the PAC SWI-JACK (item # 127SWIJACK).
AV Selector: A multi-pin connector (protected by a yellow plastic cover) allows you to connect the IVA-D310 to the VPE-S431 Video Switcher/Expansion box. The optional expansion box lets you connect multiple audio/video sources as well as additional monitors.
Amp Link Connector: The hideaway unit includes a 10-pin female jack (labeled "Ext. Out") for connecting the IVA-D310 to the KCE-510M Amplifier Link box. Connected amplifiers can be controlled, and the operating status of each amplifier can be displayed on the monitor. Up to 8 Amp Link-compatible Alpine amplifiers can be daisy chained together in this manner.
Antenna Connector: The female Motorola jack for connecting the vehicle's antenna is located on the hideaway/tuner unit, not the in-dash monitor. A 10' antenna extension cable is provided for routing the signals from the vehicle's antenna to the hideaway unit.
Power Connections: Constant power and ground must be provided to the in-dash monitor. Constant power, switched power, and ground must be provided to the hideaway/tuner unit. The supplied DC/DC converter box should be mounted in the dash (a 19" cable leading from the in-dash monitor unit is provided). Extra-long speaker wires are included in the main power harness that plugs into the hideaway unit.
- FM/AM Tuner Unit: W=6.998" (approximately 9.141" wide with harnesses and cables plugged in), H=1.574", D=10.868"
- DC/DC Converter: W=3.701", H=0.887", D=3.756"