About the Alpine IVE-W530
A big screen for your dash
A big screen for your dash
Alpine designed their IVE-W530 DVD receiver for anyone who doesn't need in-dash navigation but wants a nice audio/video setup in the car. It's got everything you want in a system controller, including a sharp, clear 6.1" VGA touchscreen, powerful audio performance, and plenty of great A/V options.
The Bluetooth advantage
Your phone will pair up with this Alpine in seconds, and from then on it's no problem keeping your hands on the wheel you get a call. The receiver automatically transfers your phonebook, so it's easy to make outgoing calls, too. Plus, you can stream the music stored on your phone to this receiver wirelessly, and enjoy control through the touchscreen over play, pause, and other basic functions.
Enjoy App Mode, plus other music and video
Plug in your iPhone® and you can tap into many popular audio and video apps. You can enjoy a variety of streaming media, like Netflix, YouTube, and Gawker, when you're parked and your phone is connected to the network. You'll also have control over the music and video content on your iPod® or iPhone when you plug into the USB connection. You can enjoy other A/V sources by using the front A/V input or the rear USB port. When you're on the road, you can connect a video monitor to entertain the passengers in the back with a DVD or video.
Audio controls and system expansion
The IVE-W530 comes equipped with bass and treble tone controls you can access right from the touchscreen. This Alpine delivers some impressive power with its internal amp, and you'll also find a full complement of preamp outputs if you're installing outboard amps in your vehicle.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- App Mode setting for basic control of popular music and video iPhone apps
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- bass and treble tone controls
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer controls
- built-in iPod control via rear USB input
- inputs: front A/V input, rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN AM/FM/DVD receiver (with 15A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 5' USB extension cable (female USB type-A port on one end and male USB type-A plug on the other)
- Microphone with bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- System Requirements (for CD-ROM)
- Online Product Registration card
- "To Customers" note
Alpine IVE-W530 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine IVE-W530
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (front), Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
6.1" Touchscreen Display: The Alpine IVE-W530 has a 6.1" VGA (1.15 million-pixel) touchscreen LCD monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor, information display, and system controller.
Display Settings: The Alpine IVE-W530 offers the following settings to customize the head unit's LCD touchscreen monitor.
- Display Modes: You can select one of the following
- Wide: Evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the widescreen monitor.
- Cinema: Displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically; good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Normal: Displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side.
- Visual EQ Mode: You can select one of the following
preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Off (Flat): Initial setting.
- Night Mode: Suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear.
- Soft: Suitable for animated films.
- Sharp: Suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown.
- Contrast: Suitable for recent movies.
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): Change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness settings in the two user memories.
- Display Colors: You can choose from four different background colors for the display; Blue, Red, Green, or Amber.
- Backlight/Illumination Control: You adjust the
brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15. You can then select one of
the following modes for the LCD's fluorescent backlight.
- Auto: Adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle.
- On: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark (always dimmed, the degree to which the backlight is dimmed is adjustable).
- Off: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright (no dimming).
Simultaneous Mode: You can watch the video portion of another source on the unit's touchscreen monitor, while listening to the audio over your car speakers from the current source.
Black Out Mode: You can turn the touchscreen monitor off, to simply listen to your music. This will reduce power consumption and enhance sound quality.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the IVE-W530 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in. This also pertains to the receiver's System & Audio Setup Menus.
Hard-key Buttons: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary dial along the left-edge of the screen. You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
2-DIN Chassis: The Alpine IVE-W530 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Alpine IVE-W530 features built-in Bluetooth technology (v3.0), powered by Parrot. Parrot is the global leader in wireless devices for mobile phones, for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth wireless technology enabled cell phones. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: The Alpine IVE-W530 can be paired to up to three Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time). Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine IVE-W530. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.75" (diameter) x 1.3125" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector.
Receiving Calls: The Alpine IVE-W530 provides a couple ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
Placing Calls: The Alpine IVE-W530 provides a variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine IVE-W530 features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Direct Dialing: You can place a call by entering the telephone number directly from the unit's on-screen keyboard.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Shortcut Dialing: You can assign up to 4 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily.
- Call History: The 60 previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
- Redial: You can redial a previous call by pressing the "Phone" button on front of the head unit within 5 seconds of ending the call.
Call Switch: This function allows you to initiate the transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
Audio Streaming: The Alpine IVE-W530 can stream music from you Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. Basic playback functions include; Play, Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next, & Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The IVE-W530 also supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference.
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
Compatible Discs: The Alpine IVE-W530 will play back DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW discs (12cm only). It will also support two-layer DVD discs. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: This unit can play CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs containing MP3, WMA, and AAC files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with bit rates from 32-320 kbps, WMA files with bit rates from 48-320 kbps, and AAC files with bit rates from 32-320 kbps are supported. Variable bit rates are also compatible. Up to a maximum of 1,000 files/255 folders can be read from one disc. ID3 tags (v1, v2) and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3/WMA tag data can be displayed.
DivX Playback: The IVE-W530 supports playback of DivX video files (ver. 3/4/5/6) recorded onto CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs. The optimal resolution for DivX file playback is 32 to 720 pixels (horizontal) x 32 to 576 pixels (vertical).
Playback & Search Modes: The Alpine IVE-W530 offers various playback and search modes for DVD/CD and MP3/WMA/AAC playback.
- Playback Modes:
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file/chapter), Title Repeat (repeats playback of current Title), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random (MIX): Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
- Step/Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time or in slow motion (1/8 or 1/2 speed), forward or backward. No audio is played during slow motion playback.
- Search Modes:
- Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you are playing a disc with CD Text, ID3, or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the touchscreen to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs without CD Text, ID3 or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
- Direct Search: Use this function to move directly to the beginning of the a chapter or track on a disc.
- Skip (Next/Previous): During playback you can skip to the next or previous track, title, or chapter.
- Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: You can view a DVD in various speeds in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touch screen. You can select from 2x, 8x, 16x, or 32x speeds.
- Frame-by-Frame: You can advance the motion picture by one frame at a time. No sound is output during forward frame-by-frame playback. You cannot execute reverse frame-by-frame playback.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Switching Angles: On DVDs in which scenes have been filmed from multiple angles, the angle can be switched during playback.
Off Insert/Eject: A DVD/CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 1-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Angle Mounting: For proper disc playback, Alpine recommends mounting the IVE-W530 no more that 30° above horizontal.
USB Port: The Alpine IVE-W530 features a rear-panel USB type-A port (5' USB extension cable included), so you may connect a USB mass storage class device to this head unit. Your connected USB memory device may contain MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), or AAC (16-320 kbps) music files; as well as DivX video files (ver. 3/4/5/6) formatted in FAT 12/16/32. ID3 tags (v1, v2) and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3/WMA tag data can be displayed. The unit offers the following USB playback functions.
- Bank Function: This unit has a "Bank" function that automatically divides every 1,000 songs stored on a USB memory device into individual banks to make searching and playing back a song easier. A maximum of 1,000 songs/100 folders for one bank can be stored according to the order stored in the USB memory device. A maximum of 20 banks (20,000 songs) can be recognized.
- File/Folder Search: You can search each stored "Bank" by file (tag info)/folder name or number.
- Playlist Search: You can also search each stored "Bank" of music by created Playlist.
- Repeat/Random: In addition, the head unit offers Repeat (File/Folder/Category) and Random (Folder/Category/All) playback modes for your USB memory device's stored music.
- Charging: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB port is also used to update the head unit's software, via downloadable software updates from the Alpine website.
iPod AV Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine DVD receiver supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input. The IVE-W530 supports audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple devices. The Alpine IVE-W530's USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: Using Alpine's proprietary KCU-461IV iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps on your iPod/iPhone through the Alpine IVE-W530. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park with the parking brake engaged. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Alpine's dock connector-to-USB cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the IVE-W530.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use you can use Alpine's KCU-471i cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Alpine IVE-W530.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod Control: Once your iPod/iPhone is connected, you get convenient control of your iPod/iPhone's music library from the head unit. Your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen controls will be locked.
- Head Unit: The Alpine IVE-W530 lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook; and your video library by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rented Movie. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song).
- iPod Passenger Control: In iPod Passenger Control mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as Pandora iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod Display: The Alpine IVE-W530 will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information in Head Unit or iPod Passenger Control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will not display music app information.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Alpine IVE-W530 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 5/27/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine IVE-W530 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
24-Bit DAC: The Alpine IVE-W530 utilizes a Burr-Brown 24-bit Digital to Analog Converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2V Preouts: The IVE-W530 has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Volume Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume independently from 0-15.
Front & Rear High Pass Filters: The Alpine head unit is equipped with front & rear high-pass filters for its speaker-level outputs and front-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's front & rear high-pass filters independently of one another to 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or Off (through).
Bass & Treble: If the Equalizer presets aren't enough for your listening taste, there are Bass & Treble adjustments for a more customizable listening experience.
- Treble Control:
- Center Frequency: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Bass Control:
- Center Frequency: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz
- Width Q: Wide 1.0, Medium 1.25, Medium 1.5, or Narrow. 2.0
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-15.
Triple A/V Inputs: The Alpine IVE-W530 DVD receiver is fitted with three audio/video inputs.
- Two Minijack (3.5mm) A/V Inputs: The unit features a front-panel & rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video input on for connecting a temporary external A/V source, such as your portable MP3 player. The rear-panel 3.5mm input is also used in conjunction with Alpine's proprietary iPod cable (500KCU461V, sold separately) to connect your iPod/iPhone for audio/video playback.
- Rear-Panel A/V (Composite) Input: The head unit also features a composite video/stereo audio RCA input on the rear panel for connecting a permanent external A/V source, such as a Blu-ray player or mobile ATSC tuner.
Note: You can adjust the audio input level for each of the head unit's external A/V inputs.
Audio/Video Output (with Dual Zone): Rear-panel stereo RCA jacks and a composite video jack are provided for feeding A/V signals to an optional video monitor for rear seat entertainment. The rear entertainment function independently routes different sources to the front and rear of the vehicle. For example, while listening to the radio or other audio source in the front, a DVD can be enjoyed in the rear with an optional rear monitor and headphones; the rear zone signals are passed by RCA composite video and stereo RCA preamp audio connections. You can select the aspect ratio of any back seat monitor(s); choose from 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan and Scan, 16:9 Widescreen.
Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera (such as the 500HCEC115, sold separately). The rear-view camera function helps you to see behind your vehicle and provides on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
11 questions already asked