About the Alpine KCA-801B
The KCA-801B Versatile-Link adapter allows you to use the changer input on your Alpine Ai-NET stereo to add an Alpine Ai-NET changer and an auxiliary input. (The adapter will not work without a changer connected.) It's compatible with any 2001 and up Alpine Ai-NET model stereo. Dimensions: 2-1/2"W x 1-3/8"H x 1-3/4"D. 1-year warranty.
What's in the box:
Alpine KCA-801B owner's manual
- KCA-801B Aux input adapter with attached 7" trigger wire (trigger wire terminated with a female bullet connector)
- One 6.25' Ai bus cable
- 2 Stickers (one says "black" and the other says "gray" - stickers not needed for installation)
- Instruction sheet
Alpine KCA-801B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Alpine KCA-801B
General Overview: The KCA-801B Aux-In adapter accepts input from an Alpine Ai series CD changer and an additional auxiliary audio source (DVD player, video game, portable CD, MD, tape or MP3 player). The adapter must be used with an Ai-NET capable head unit, and it will not operate without an Alpine Ai changer connected. 12 Volts must be applied to the trigger wire to pass audio from the external source to your head unit; an optional toggle switch (sold separately) should be connected to turn the trigger voltage on/off.
AUX Input Connections: The input for the auxiliary source is a set of female RCA jacks mounted directly to the Aux-In Selector module. A stereo RCA patch cord should be connected to the AUX IN jacks on the module and run to where the auxiliary source will be located. If the aux source has a mini-jack output, a stereo mini-jack to dual male RCA cable will be needed instead of a standard RCA patch cable.
Front of Unit:
- Aux Input: 1 pair of RCA type inputs (left and right).
Sides of Unit:
- Output: Ai output connector (to Alpine Ai changer controller head unit)
- Input: Ai input (to connect Alpine Ai CD changer)
- Trigger: 12 volt trigger input (allows audio from aux source to be passed to head unit when connected to 12 volts)
The Alpine KCA-801B replaces these items
- Adapts the changer input on your Ai-NET receiver to accept an Alpine Ai-NET changer and an auxiliary source
- compatible with 2001-up Alpine Ai-NET model receivers