About the Alpine KCE-415i
With this KCE-415i adapter, you can send audio and video from your Video iPod to an Alpine Rear Seat Entertainment Center or Alpine rear seat monitor. You can use the touchscreen controls on your rear-seat system to control the iPod. If you don't have touchscreen controls, you can use the video system's remote control to adjust the iPod. The iPod's controls also remain active, so you can use them to make your song and video selections as well.
The KCE-415i adapter offers both S-video and composite RCA video outputs, along with stereo audio outputs. The iPod's battery charges while your video system is powered up. Alpine includes a mount for iPod to keep it safe and out of the way. Warranty: 1 year.
The KCE-415i provides only limited control of the iPod from your in-dash receiver. You get basic control: play/pause, track forward, or track back. Selecting from your playlists and other functions must be done via remote control or on the iPod itself.
Note: This adapter does not support video playback for the following iPod models: iPhone, iPod touch, iPod classic (6th generation), iPod nano (3rd generation).
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
What's in the box:
- Video Interface Adapter for iPod
- 6.5' Power/ground/remote in harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 6.5' iPod-to-interface cable (has iPod dock connector on one end and 8-pin male connector on other end)
- 6.5' A/V patch cable (with stereo RCA audio and composite video plugs on both ends)
- iPod holder
- Screw cover for iPod holder
- 2 Self-tapping screws (Length=5/8")
- Owner's Manual
Alpine KCE-415i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine KCE-415i
Overview: The Alpine KCE-415i Video Interface Adapter allows you to play your iPod audio/video files from your iPod video (5th gen.) through your Alpine Rear Seat Entertainment Center or Alpine video monitor. You can select either composite or S-Video output.
Alpine Compatibility: The Alpine KCE-415i Video Interface Adapter is compatible with the following Alpine components.
- Rear Seat Entertainment Units: IVA-D310, IVA-D100, IVA-W200, PKG-RSE2, PKG-2000, PKG-1000
- Monitors: TME-M770S, TME-M710
iPod Compatibility: The Alpine KCE-415i Video Interface Adapter is "Made for iPod" compatible and supports the following iPod model features (as of Dec. 2009):
iPod/iPhone Model Generation Media Type Control Display Charge Audio Video Unit iPod Song/Artist Track dock-connector 3rd Y N Y N Y Y Y click-wheel/color-display 4th Y N Y N Y Y Y mini 1st Y N Y N Y Y Y 2nd Y N Y N Y Y Y iPod video 5th Y Y Y Y Y Y Y iPod classic 80GB Y N Y N Y Y Y 120GB Y N Y N Y Y Y 160GB Y N Y N Y Y Y nano 1st Y N Y N Y Y Y 2nd Y N Y N Y Y Y 3rd Y N Y N Y Y Y 4th Y N Y N Y Y *adapter required 5th N N N N N N N touch 1st Y N Y N Y Y Y 2nd Y N Y N Y Y *adapter required 3rd N N N N N N N iPhone 2G N N N N N N N 3G N N N N N N N 3GS N N N N N N N
Note: Apple firmware updates may change functionality results.
iPod Holder: The KCE-415i comes with an iPod holder that can be mounted in the vehicle with 2 screws (supplied). The holder has a rubberized coating to prevent scratches to the iPod.
Control Options: The iPod can be controlled in the following ways:
- iPod: iPod Video controls are available through the iPod even when it's connected. Use the click-wheel to advance through the videos, play/pause, and stop, just as you would when the iPod is not connected to the interface.
- Touch Screen: You can control the iPod videos from your Alpine Rear Seat Entertainment screen. You can also use the touch screen menu on your TME-M770S to play/pause, skip forward and backward, and stop your videos.
- Remote Control: You can control the iPod via the RUE-4190, RUE-4191, RUE-4201, or the optional RUE-4202 remote control.
Power: The KCE-415i charges the iPod's battery while it's connected, and turns on/off with the car's ignition system.
*Note: This interface does not charge the batteries in iPod nano (4th gen) or iPod touch (2nd gen) without Alpine KCX-422TR 12V-to5V iPod adapter (500KCX422T, sold separately).
Connections: The adapter has the following inputs and outputs:
- Power: 4-pin Molex connector for supplied power/ground/remote in harness
- iPod Input: 8-pin connector for supplied iPod cable (plugs into iPod dock connector)
- A/V Outputs: Stereo RCA audio jacks, composite video and S-Video jacks
- Video Output Switch: 2-way switch to select composite or S-Video output