About the Alpine KTA-200M
This little amp will kick like a mule
This little amp will kick like a mule
Need power for a subwoofer but don't have space for a big amp? Alpine's KTA-200M power pack subwoofer amplifier can send out up to 200 watts RMS to your sub from a chassis about the size of your hand. The amp uses Alpine's Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology to deliver a quick energy boost when needed, virtually doubling the amplifier's output power on musical peaks.
Here's a very cool idea from Alpine — the package includes a PowerStack bracket for mounting the amp in your dash behind Alpine's shallow chassis iLX-W650 digital multimedia receiver. The combined depth of receiver and amp is still less than 5", so it'll fit in a wide variety of vehicles. The receiver and sub amp together make a feature-filled and powerful sound system that you'll enjoy for many miles.
- compact mono subwoofer amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms or 2 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology adds a burst of power when needed
- selectable low-pass filter (60, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- PowerStack bracket included for mounting amp behind Alpine iLX-W650 digital multimedia receiver (item #500ILXW650)
- wiring, hardware, and fuse not included with amplifier
- 12-gauge power and ground leads and a 20A fuse recommended
- dimensions: 7-3/4"W (with wiring) x 1-3/8"H x 3-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTA-200M
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 12" Input/Output/Power harness
- 1 Head unit (iLX-W650) mounting bracket
- 2 Universal mounting brackets
- Four M5x6mm Allen head machine screws (3mm)
- Two M2.6x8mm Machine screws
- Four 3/8" Screws
- Four 8" Zip Ties
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- FCC Compliance Statement
Alpine KTA-200M reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine KTA-200M
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||0 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||Off, 60, 80, 120Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24dB/Oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine KTA-200M is a Power Pack series mono amplifier that can deliver up to 200W of RMS power to a single mono output (4Ω or 2Ω), in a compact form that allows it to be mounted just about anywhere.
Note: The KTA-200M does not include any wiring or fuses. An amp wiring kit with at least 12AWG power and ground wire is recommended, along with a 20A fuse at the battery (fuse and wiring both sold separately).
Dynamic Peak Power (DPP): The KTA-200M has a high-efficiency Class D digital circuit design that uses Alpine's exclusive Dynamic Peak Power technology. This allows the amp to deliver bursts of power for peak demands, providing up to 100% more dynamic power when needed. The amp can provide up to 200W RMS into a 4Ω or 2Ω load.
Mounting: Two types of mounting brackets are included with the amp, plus four zip ties. The first mounting bracket is designed to mount the amp to the back of Alpine's iLX-W650 digital media receiver. The iLX-W650 is just over 2¾" deep by itself, so even with the added depth of the amp (totaling just over 5"), the combination fits in almost any dash with a Double DIN opening. The bracket also leaves a gap of approximately ¾" between the amp and head unit, so most of the wiring can be routed to that space. The second option is a pair of universal brackets that bolt to the ends of the amp, and provide a mounting flange with four screw holes. The chassis of the amp also has four tabs, through which the included zip ties can be looped to attach the amp behind the dash.
- Gain: A single rotary control adjusts the RCA input level, with a range of 0.2V to 4.0V.
- Low Pass Crossover: Two DIP switches let you apply a low pass filter to the signal, with selections of 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Off (full range).
Harness: All the wiring for power, input, and output is in one harness. The wires in the harness are one foot long and it plugs into a recessed area on the amp, with openings on the side and bottom, so the wires can be routed in either direction.
Power/Ground/Remote: The power and ground wires in the harness are 14-gauge (each having two 16-gauge wires from the harness, merging to a single 14-gauge wire). The power wire should be extended and connected directly to the battery, using an in-line 20-amp fuse (sold separately) near the battery terminal. An 18AWG blue/white remote turn-on wire will need to be connected to your radio's remote output lead, or connected to vehicle switched power to activate the amplifier.
Note: Neither the amp nor the harness has a fuse, so using a 20A in-line fuse at the battery is absolutely necessary.
Signal Inputs: There are two male RCA plugs on the included harness for pre-amp level inputs. If your source unit has no pre-amp outputs, a speaker-level to RCA converter will be required (sold separately).
Note: If running male RCA cables to the amplifier, barrel connectors (sold separately) will be required to connect to the harness's male RCA input cables.
Speaker Output: The harness includes 2 wires for the mono speaker output (each comprised of 4 wires from the harness merged into one wire).
- Brown: Positive (+) speaker output.
- Brown/Black: Negative (-) speaker output.
Remote Bass Knob (Optional): The KTA-200M includes an RJ-14 input jack on the main harness, for use with the optional Alpine RUX-KNOB.2 remote bass level control (sold separately). This allows you to easily adjust the subwoofer volume from the driver's seat, independently from the main speakers.
- Power Output (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N):
- 4Ω: 200W x 1 RMS
- 2Ω: 200W x 1 RMS
- Dynamic Peak Power (4Ω & 2Ω): 400W
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >95 dB (at rated power output into 4Ω)
- THD+N: <0.1% (at rated power into 4Ω or 2Ω)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 400kHz (+0/-3 dB)
- Input Sensitivity (RCA): 0.2V - 4.0V
Dimensions: Because two types of brackets are included, the amp has multiple possible dimensions:
- Chassis Only (Including Wiring Harness):
- Width: 7.75"
- Height: 1.33"
- Depth: 3.56"
- With Universal Brackets:
- Width: 7.85" (includes mounting flange)
- Height: 1.56"
- Depth: 3.56"
- With Head Unit Bracket: for mounting to the back of the
- Width: 7.75"
- Height: 3.56"
- Depth: 2.23"
15 questions already asked