About the Alpine KTP-190U Power Pack
Add some bass to your factory system
Add some bass to your factory system
Alpine's KTP-190U "Power Pack" mono amplifier can power a 2-ohm sub with 60 watts RMS, yet this compact amp will fit behind most dashboards for a truly stealthy installation. The KTP-190U can also send 90 watts to a 1-ohm load safely, so it's a great choice as a replacement amp for a low-impedance factory sub. The KTP-190U will work with most non-premium factory radios and aftermarket receivers, but it's not a plug-and-play installation — you'll have to wire it into your system.
A low-pass filter helps keep your subwoofer sounding fat and full, and an optional wired remote will let you control the level from your front seat. In terms of power, the KTP-190U matches up well with most factory radios or aftermarket receivers.
Installation note: If your car receiver's power circuit is protected by a 15-amp or larger fuse (check your fuse box or owner's manual), you can tap into it to power your KTP-190U. Otherwise, you'll have to run a power wire to the battery. Be sure to add a 10-amp inline fuse as close to the battery as possible.
You can install this compact amp behind most dashboards, and can splice into your speaker wiring to get signal to the KTP-190U.
- compact mono subwoofer amplifier
- 30 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (60 watts RMS at 2 ohms)
- 90 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- designed for systems powered by factory radio or aftermarket receiver
- no RCA inputs: universal harness lets you get signal from speaker-level wiring
- runs off same power circuit as receiver (must be 15-amp or more)
- Class D amp technology
- built-in low-pass crossover (selectable 80, 100, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- optional RUX-KNOB.2 wired remote level control
- fuse: 10A
- 12-gauge power and ground leads recommended, when necessary
- dimensions: 5-3/8"W x 1-9/16"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTP-190U
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amp
- Two 10-amp ATO fuses (one installed/one spare)
- 24" Power/Speaker harness
- Four 1/2" Phillips/Hex-head mounting screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
Alpine KTP-190U Power Pack reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine KTP-190U Power Pack
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
30 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||60 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||10-120 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80, 100, or 120 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CTA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the amplifier comply with the CTA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal to noise ratio, allowing consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 60 watts x 1 RMS (14.4 volts, <1% THD+N)
- 1Ω: 90 watts x 1 RMS (14.4 volts, <1% THD+N)
- @ 1 watt: 80 dB
- @ rated power: 98 dB
- Frequency Response: 10-120 Hz (+0/-3 dB)
- Damping Factor: >200 (10 watts into 4Ω at 100 Hz)
- Input Impedance: >10 kΩ
- Input Sensitivity:
- into 1Ω: 5.9 volts (rated power into 1Ω)
- into 4Ω: 5.0 volts (rated power into 4Ω)
- This amplifier is intended to be used as factory OEM subwoofer amplifier replacement with a factory OEM low impedance 1-ohm subwoofer only.
- Output connection is intended for a 1 ohm subwoofer (90W x 1), but will work with 2 ohm (60W x 1) and 4 ohm (30W x 1). However, power level is not enough to drive most 2 ohm or 4 ohm subwoofers.
Fixed Gain w/ Variable Crossover: The input gain on this amplifier is fixed and not adjustable. Because the KTP-190U is a subwoofer amp, the low pass crossover is always engaged. The crossover point is adjustable; choose 80, 100, or 120 Hz.
Wiring Harness: The amp's power/speaker harness has a 10-pin proprietary connector on one end that plugs into the KTP-190U, and bare wires on the other end to connect to constant power (with 10-amp fuse installed), ground, the radio's speaker level outputs (left and right channels), and the subwoofer input. The power wire can often be spliced into the radio's power source.
Note: The factory radio circuit needs to be a minimum of 15-amps. If it is not, a separate power and ground will need to be installed for the KTP-190U.
Auto Turn-on: A circuit automatically turns the amplifier on when it senses a speaker-level input signal.
Wired Remote: An RJ-14 jack is provided for connecting an optional RUX-KNOB.2 wired remote (500RUXKNOB.2, sold separately), allowing remote control of the output level of the amplifier.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked