About the Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack
More power for your Alpine receiver
Want a simple way to kick up the power of your Alpine receiver? Alpine's "Power Pack" amplifier increases your Alpine receiver's power output to 45 watts RMS power by 4 channels — plenty of power to drive high-performance speakers or keep up with a big subwoofer amplifier.
What's in the box:
- Head Unit Power Pack (15A fuse installed)
- 39" Amp-to-receiver harness (male 16-pin connector on each end)
- 31" Amp-to-vehicle harness (male 16-pin connector on one end and a female 16-pin connector on other end)
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Screws
- 4 Wire-ties
- Installation Diagram
- Online Product Registration
- Limited Warranty Information
Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
45 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine KTP-445A Head Unit Power Pack is an easy-to-install power upgrade amplifier that allows you to add higher output and more dynamic response to your Alpine head unit. The KTP-445A amplifies your Alpine head unit's power output, resulting in a 150% power increase over the original power from the head unit's built-in amplifier.
- If the fuse protecting the OEM radio is less than 15 Amps, you should run a separate +12V constant power wire from the battery to the higher-powered Alpine KTP-445A.
- The Alpine Power Pack amp will not work in systems where an outboard factory amplifier is still active. If used in vehicles with a factory amplifier, the factory amp will need to be completely bypassed (this may result in lost speaker channels, if factory amp has more than 4 channels).
- The increase in power may result in a louder warning chime in certain vehicles.
Compatibility: The KTP-445A connects to any 2005 and newer Alpine head unit that has a black 16-pin wiring harness. Please check with your Crutchfield Product Advisor to confirm compatibility.
45 Watt x 4 Channel Amplifier: The Alpine KTP-445A Head Unit Power Pack employs a 45 watt x 4 channel amplifier. The amplifier offers an unbelievably low noise floor, taking extra care to ensure a clean signal path, with no extraneous interference. The end result is a 1 Watt Signal-to-Noise Ratio of 82dB or better. Uniquely, the amplifier distortion actually decreases at higher frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortion.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 45 watts x 4 channels (at 4/2-ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 90 watts x 4 channels (Peak)
Note: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
Installation: Since the KTP-445A is small and compact, it installs behind your Alpine head unit in the dash of most vehicles. Installation is simple with no special tuning. The 39" grey connector harness plugs into one end of the Head Unit Power Pack and connects to the rear plug on your Alpine head unit. The 31" black connector harness plugs into the other end of the Head Unit Power Pack and connects to your Alpine receiver's harness (included with your Alpine receiver). You will need to splice or crimp the wires from the Alpine receiver's harness to a Crutchfield vehicle harness adapter (sold separately).
Note: The factory radio circuit needs to be a minimum of 15A. If it is not, a separate power and ground will need to be installed for the KTP-445A
The Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
61 questions already asked