About the Alpine KTX-ESD8 Restyle Dash and Wiring Kit
Keep your factory look and controls
Keep your factory look and controls
This Restyle package allows you to install an Alpine navigation receiver with an 8" screen in your Escalade while keeping your factory look. The KTX-ESD8 package is specially designed for Alpine's X008U receiver (sold separately). and it'll make that receiver's big screen look right at home in your Escalade.
OnStar and Bluetooth
This Restyle package will allow you to control the Alpine receiver with the steering wheel audio controls in your vehicle. You'll also retain the use of your Onstar® system, including its Bluetooth capabilities.
You'll need to hardwire your new Alpine to the car's parking brake, but the rest is easy. The included wiring harness and antenna adapter plug directly from the Alpine receiver into your vehicle's factory wiring harness — no extra splicing or soldering needed. The package also includes a steering wheel audio control interface — no programming necessary, just plug it in and go. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Radio housing
- Radio replacement interface module (KCX-SRMES)
- Chime module (CMX)
- Vehicle harness (OS-LAN29 Harness)
- Interface harness
- Camera/Center/Sub harness
- Antenna adapter
- 3rd Row video harness
- 18" HDMI extension cable
- 19" USB extension cable
- 17" Stereo minijack extension cable
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 6 Screws
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine KTX-ESD8 Restyle Dash and Wiring Kit
In-Dash Restyle Systems: The Alpine in-dash navigation receivers with an 8" LCD touchscreen will not fit a standard Single-DIN or Double-DIN dash opening. To accommodate this large screen in your vehicle's dash, Alpine offers a line of In-Dash Restyle System packages specifically for these receivers. Alpine's In-Dash Restyle System installation packages allow the Alpine navigation receiver with 8" LCD touchscreen to fit seamlessly into select vehicle dashes. In-Dash Restyle Systems are designed to cosmetically match the shape, color and texture of the vehicle's interior.
Compatibility: The Alpine KTX-ESD8 In-Dash Restyle System allows seamless integration of the Alpine 8" LCD touchscreen navigation head unit in select 2007-2014 Cadillac Esclades (as of 5/6/2015).
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
OEM-Like Appearance: The KTX-ESD8 In-Dash Restyle System has been specifically fitted and engineered to fit select 2007-2014 Cadillac Escalades perfectly. It comes with a specially formed OEM-grade, high quality/high strength ABS plastic radio housing that is color matched to the dash. This allows the unit to precisely fit not only the vehicle, but also the Alpine 8" LCD touchscreen navigation receiver. In addition, extra care is taken to match the factory dash's shape, texture, and color ensuring a more OEM-like appearance. Unlike traditional universal dash kits, the Alpine In-Dash Restyle Systems include direct fit OEM-like brackets to ensure sturdy support and accurate positioning of the radio in your vehicle's dash.
Retained Factory Features: The included radio replacement interface module (KCX-SRMESD) allows you to retain many of your vehicle's OEM features that are often lost when replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket head unit.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): R.A.P. (retained accessory power), which keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened, is retained even after replacing the factory radio with the aftermarket Alpine head unit.
- OnStar Compatible: The OnStar emergency services system (if factory equipped) is fully retained.
- Warning Chimes: Your vehicle's factory warning chimes are retained through the included Chime module (CMX).
- Backup Camera: The included backup camera harness allows you to retain your vehicle's factory backup camera through the Alpine navigation receiver.
- Satellite Radio: You are able to retain your vehicle's factory Satellite Radio tuner, controlled using the steering wheel controls. Satellite radio information will be displayed on the factory driver's information center. (The factory satellite radio can also be controlled from the Rear Seat Audio control panel, but only when the front controls are de-activated.)
- RSE/RSC: You can use your vehicle's RSE headphone jack and controls to listen to the Alpine receiver's audio output through a set of headphones in the back seat. You also get to retain 3rd row video (if equipped).
- Factory Sub & Center Speaker: If your Cadillac Escalade is equipped with a factory sub & center speaker, the KTX-ESD8 In-Dash Restyle System allows you to retain both.
- Steering Wheel Controls: For 2007-2014 Cadillac Escalades with factory steering wheel audio controls, the KTX-ESD8 retains the capability to control the Alpine 8" LCD touchscreen navigation receiver's volume, source, and playback controls. There is no additional programming required, simply plug & play.
Accessible Front-Panel Media Ports: The KTX-ESD8 In-Dash Restyle System includes HDMI, USB, and Aux extension cables which attach to the dash kit's integrated media panel, so you have easier access to your Alpine navigation receiver's HDMI, USB, and Aux inputs.
1 question already asked